Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Code 223Y for "330i NA" on order conf sheet, ZDH

04-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #1
vedant
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 BMW 330i M-Sport

Code 223Y for "330i NA" on order conf sheet, ZDH

My SA had me approve a build sheet that is sent off to manufacturing and on it for the first line has "223Y BMW 330i NA". When I inquired about "NA" and if that indicates built in Mexico he told me that's not necessarily the case and that NA means North American spec. This does not sound right to me. Does anyone have any pointers to support what my SA says? If it makes any difference my vehicle will be ordered with ZDH Dynamic Handling Package and the 19" jet black high-performance non-runflat tires. Does the SLP Mexico plant assemble vehicles with this spec? To my knowledge this spec is quite rare so I don't have much data to tell where the vehicle will be built if there is any indication which I'm curious about.
      04-28-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

It's most likely to be built in Mexico since it is a country in NA. I'm sure the 330i's they churn out probably had your same package at some point. I don't think there is anyone else in NA that builds these cars to my knowledge.

Last edited by Nojomojo; 04-28-2022 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
vedant
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojomojo View Post
It's most likely to be built in Mexico since it is a country in NA. I'm sure the 330i's they churn out probably had your same package at some point. I don't think there is anyone else in NA that builds these cars to my knowledge.
What I'm not sure of is if in this context "NA" indicates its assembly location or its market specification. My SA is assuring me it's the latter.
      04-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #4
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

You can always ask your SA what your allocation is and they should be able to tell you. It's either gonna be Mexico or Germany.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 05:40 PM   #5
vedant
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojomojo View Post
You can always ask your SA what your allocation is and they should be able to tell you. It's either gonna be Mexico or Germany.
For some reason he doesn't know what an allocation is... there have been a few questions regarding production and manufacturing he wasn't able to / unwilling to answer.
      04-28-2022, 06:56 PM   #6
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedant View Post
For some reason he doesn't know what an allocation is... there have been a few questions regarding production and manufacturing he wasn't able to / unwilling to answer.
Your SA seems to be as equally clueless as mine, so let me try to explain based on my purchase experience.

223Y = car manufactured at SLP plant (this is the default for G20 vehicles sold in USA)

223O = car manufactured at Munich, Germany plant (if you order a car w/ Individual paint color - e.g. Tanzanite Blue II - your G20 will get built in Germany)

So why did my standard paint color Sapphire Black metallic 330i get built in Munich?

When I ordered late Nov 2021, SLP production line was backed-up 6+ weeks. The ordering system shifted my order to Germany, based on it being flagged "Priority 1, customer-sold", because Munich had available capacity that SLP did not. This was just pure luck/timing.

"If it makes any difference my vehicle will be ordered with ZDH Dynamic Handling Package and the 19" jet black high-performance non-runflat tires. Does the SLP Mexico plant assemble vehicles with this spec?"

SLP plant is a BMW plant so it doesn't matter what options/spec you order your 330i with - if they have the parts, your car will get built with them.