Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Disabeling OPF monitoring?

01-31-2024, 06:15 AM   #1
SenNna
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW G21 330i

Disabeling OPF monitoring?

Hey there everyone,

I recently installed a OPF delete and Leib OPF deleter cabel. I had the assumption that the deleter cabel would prevent the CEL to come but apparently it prevents the car from going in to limpmode and for the CEL you need a CAN/MIL deleter aswell.

Now my question like in the title, is there anyway i could disable the opf monitoring using ISTA?

BTW I dont want to tune the car yet (ive only bought the car 2 months ago so i want to keep the warranty for a bit longer then that haha)

So i there a way to disable it or am i going to have to drive around with the CEL active till i decide to go tune it?

Last edited by SenNna; 01-31-2024 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 09:12 AM   #2
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2021

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Didn't knew that the Leib OPF deleter didn't avoid the CEL. That's dissapointing for 200 and something euros!
Appreciate 1
SenNna0.00
      01-31-2024, 10:08 AM   #3
SenNna
Registered
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthol View Post
Didn't knew that the Leib OPF deleter didn't avoid the CEL. That's dissapointing for 200 and something euros!
Yhea didn't know that either.
Imagen my dissapointment after i spent 230euro for a cabel and then they tell me to spend another 570euro just to get rid of the CEL.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 04:35 PM   #4
Jhonna
Rep
Drives: BMW m135i F40

Well… I have them both and it’s worth it. The cable, well.. you can find them elsewhere (however I found that leib ones were the only one working for years without issues. Others gave cel every week or so). Their can mil is one of a kind.

Generally, you need the cable when opf being removed.

When opf and/or catless downpipe is installed you will need ideally both to prevent limp and cel. If you only have the cable and opf delete try a OPF registration in ISTA that might fix your issue.
Appreciate 1
SenNna0.00
      01-31-2024, 04:50 PM   #5
SenNna
Registered
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonna View Post
Well… I have them both and it’s worth it. The cable, well.. you can find them elsewhere (however I found that leib ones were the only one working for years without issues. Others gave cel every week or so). Their can mil is one of a kind.

Generally, you need the cable when opf being removed.

When opf and/or catless downpipe is installed you will need ideally both to prevent limp and cel. If you only have the cable and opf delete try a OPF registration in ISTA that might fix your issue.
Thanks for the info!

Good thing i have a leib one on order then (got an offbrand one because leib is taking a while to ship the cabel to me).

I did an OPF registration with ISTA a few days ago but non the less the CEL came back.

I do have it programmed that the valve is open while being in comfort so maybe that messed with it? Ill put it back to normal and try it again when im back at the shop.
Appreciate 0