Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M340 harsh ride...options?

03-31-2024, 08:03 PM   #23
g20exaudinoob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i sDrive

Update: I swapped out my winters for my (almost new) 19” summer Goodyear Asymetric 3 (also run flat) tires. The difference is out of this world. The car rides so much smoother and soaks up the bumps way better than the pirellis. Steering is much more responsive and direct, road feedback is great. It’s crazy how my 19” staggered setup is more comfortable than my 18”. Those pirellis were trash…or maybe they were defective?

I can only imagine how much better non-run flats would be.
Appreciate 2
M340I///M134.50
madpistol1746.00
      03-31-2024, 08:31 PM   #24
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20exaudinoob View Post
Update: I swapped out my winters for my (almost new) 19” summer Goodyear Asymetric 3 (also run flat) tires. The difference is out of this world. The car rides so much smoother and soaks up the bumps way better than the pirellis. Steering is much more responsive and direct, road feedback is great. It’s crazy how my 19” staggered setup is more comfortable than my 18”. Those pirellis were trash…or maybe they were defective?

great news.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2024, 08:37 PM   #25
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw m340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontuseblinkers View Post
i placed an order for a new m340i because I couldn't find one used with adaptive suspension and dapp.

I had multiple salesman tell me that the adaptive suspension is overrated. They never felt the difference. It's a useless feature. They removed it off their car. BMW isn't a rough ride and they never heard of anyone saying its a rough ride.

I just went and placed an order with a broker after dealing with the clown show there.
Those sales man are taking out of there asses to just sell you a car. I have a 2021 with adaptive M suspension and it’s quality is on point.
And how the hell did they remove the adaptive M suspension from there car? They would have to remove the entire shock and spring. This is why many dislike salesman, how do they sleep at night lying to themselves and customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 09:00 PM   #26
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw m340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20exaudinoob View Post

Pirellis are pure trash, and to cut cost most automotive makers use these tire.

Glad things are working out for you.

I have adaptive M suspension. And I love how it does what it’s supposed to do, adapt to the roads harsh conditions. It’s not meant to save anyone from potholes it’s not a miracle savor. Adaptive or not hit a pot hole at a fast velocity your going to bend a wheel. Especially oem wheels that are soft

I have staggered 20x9 and 20x10.5 forged vossen and the handling on adaptive mode is bad ass. Just because the wheel is larger doesn’t mean it’s going to be a harsher ride, tire quality is so important.

I can tell you this that no matter what tire your running or wheel size on adaptive suspension , it’s night and day compared to non adaptive. Run flats are harsh and heavy no matter what suspension set up u have.
I had my car individually built and even got the cooling package and it came with 19s staggered non run flats and I hardly felt the road.
Yes you can feel the road on the steering wheel but I love that connection with the road. It’s a sports sedan suppose to be rough ! It’s Not a Mercedes which is pure luxury.

Hope you get to enjoy your car more now. Sucks to go on long trips and have your back just screaming for icy hot cream.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2024, 09:37 PM   #27
min0124
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Agree completely. RFT are a pain ride is somewhat unsettled depending on how rough the road is. This winter my M340ix ran over pot hole on the highway with running OEM rims w/ Alpin 4. Rim had to be replaced, luckily under warranty. Just got new summer rims F 255x30x20 and R 275x30x20 running Conti extreme sport 02 - ride is amazing, more balanced and smooth.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 11:32 PM   #28
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
I had a 330i loaner with 19-inch square setup and it rode well until it hit a pothole, it was a big jolt! Luckily the tire and the rim stayed intact or else it would have been an insurance claim.

My 330i base has 18-inch square and still can feel jolts over same pothole but not as severe. In fact, I changed the factory AS RFTs to a set of non-star AS RFTs which weight extra 4 lbs each, it feels like the extra weight(and extra material) helps to soften the jolts.
What tires did you switch to?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 01:35 AM   #29
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__F View Post
What tires did you switch to?
Bridgestone Driveguard Plus AS RFT.
Appreciate 1
E__F6.00
      04-11-2024, 08:09 AM   #30
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bridgestone Driveguard Plus AS RFT.
Nice. If I go with a RFT again I was looking at getting these from Costco.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:23 AM   #31
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__F View Post
Nice. If I go with a RFT again I was looking at getting these from Costco.
Yes Costco is $100+ cheaper than Americastire on a set of 4 but Americastire has road force machines.

Costco's 5-year prorated road hazard is down to 2/32 while AT's is only 3-year down to 3/32, but I usually change tires every 3 years.

Driveguard+ does come with 65k mileage warranty but that can be hard to take advantage off.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 08:57 PM   #32
SLGrassoPA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post

You are 100% right. Adaptive M is a must-have.

I wouldn’t take a G20 or a G26 without Adaptive M if you gave it to me for free.
Could not have said it better!!!
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1318.00
      04-18-2024, 12:02 AM   #33
E__F
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes Costco is $100+ cheaper than Americastire on a set of 4 but Americastire has road force machines.

Costco's 5-year prorated road hazard is down to 2/32 while AT's is only 3-year down to 3/32, but I usually change tires every 3 years.

Driveguard+ does come with 65k mileage warranty but that can be hard to take advantage off.
They are Discount Tire in my region and I didn't know they did road force balance!
I can't find much info on these tires so I appreciate the feedback. I wanted to get away from RFT because of the harsh ride but if these are decent at it maybe I'll give them a go.
Appreciate 0