Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Really? We can't install the LED Door Light Projectors

11-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Really? We can't install the LED Door Light Projectors

So I ordered the BMW LED Door Light Projectors from a dealership out-of-state on eBay. I have them on both the front and rear doors of our 2018 G01 X3 and love the look, even with the standard light carpet. After receiving them today and going under the doors of my G20, I see that the LED lights under the door are a completely different shape! My fault for just assuming they fit, I guess. I started looking around online, and it looks like other Gxx cars are able to use the OEM LED Door Light Projectors. The new G05 X5, for instance, can use the projectors. Is the G20 seriously the only new BMW that this official BMW accessory can't be installed on? Why would BMW do that?

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/Product/5...GHT-PROJECTORS
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

When you plug in the G20 into the model selection of that site, it specifically says is not compatible with this model.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #3
M340Mike
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340, 2018 X3 Ultimate

Darn! I noticed most sites selling these did not say G20 were compatible. I was hoping it was just too new and they hadn't updated. I know some feel they are tacky, but I really wanted to try out the BMW logo on the front doors and the M logo on the rears. Even if others hate the look it would have made me happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
When you plug in the G20 into the model selection of that site, it specifically says is not compatible with this model.
Oh yes, I know that. I just assumed since every other Gxx BMW seems to be compatible with this that it would fit. Obviously, that was a wrong assumption.

Point is that it's really weird that BMW fit different LED lights under each door in the G20. It's an odd way for them to not want extra revenue by making it incompatible with the LED logo projectors because, even though they are overpriced, I still want them.

Here's to hoping they come out with a version compatible with our G20s!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #5
Elevenmorethan89
Rep
Drives: bmw m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
So I ordered the BMW LED Door Light Projectors from a dealership out-of-state on eBay. I have them on both the front and rear doors of our 2018 G01 X3 and love the look, even with the standard light carpet. After receiving them today and going under the doors of my G20, I see that the LED lights under the door are a completely different shape! My fault for just assuming they fit, I guess. I started looking around online, and it looks like other Gxx cars are able to use the OEM LED Door Light Projectors. The new G05 X5, for instance, can use the projectors. Is the G20 seriously the only new BMW that this official BMW accessory can't be installed on? Why would BMW do that?

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/Product/5...GHT-PROJECTORS

i did that too 😂😂

buttttt, I just ordered these, great product and in the USA and on AMAZON!
they work great! took forever to find!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A26JRE26CA38N1
Appreciate 0