Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Getting kicked out of sport modes

11-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #1
eM340i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M340ix

Getting kicked out of sport modes

I have been having a weird issue lately where my 21 M340i is kicking me out of any sport mode back into comfort mode when I turn on the AC or any of the climate controls. For example, I will be in Sport Individual mode and turn on the heat or defogger, and the car will switch to comfort mode almost instantly. Even when the AC isn't set to auto, if I engage 'Max AC' it will go full blast for a few seconds, then drop down to 1-2 bars while switching me to comfort mode.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's by design to lower the load when engaging climate control but I haven't heard of this.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
dr_frankfurter
non-essential
Rep
Drives: '21 330i

I've had this happen to me a few times. Happened yesterday too; I was driving in comfort with the heater on, then switched to sport when the road opened up. Suddenly the car just went into comfort mode after about 5 minutes. Must be a "load reliever" (I'm sure a few engineers even chuckled thinking of that name).
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 03:04 AM   #3
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Might be totally unconnected - I had a few things shut down randomly on my 330i such as comfort locking, turned out the battery was les ps than fully charged as a result of lack of use. Session on a battery conditioner and all was well again.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #4
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eM340i View Post
I have been having a weird issue lately where my 21 M340i is kicking me out of any sport mode back into comfort mode when I turn on the AC or any of the climate controls. For example, I will be in Sport Individual mode and turn on the heat or defogger, and the car will switch to comfort mode almost instantly. Even when the AC isn't set to auto, if I engage 'Max AC' it will go full blast for a few seconds, then drop down to 1-2 bars while switching me to comfort mode.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's by design to lower the load when engaging climate control but I haven't heard of this.
Sounds like software bugs. Take it in and the dealer will likely reprogram car with current iStep.
      11-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eM340i View Post

Happened to me for a few months. I took it to the dealer once, they reprogrammed but it continued to happen.

I took the car back a few months later and they proceeded to reprogram the car, and replace a camera that was apparently helping cause the issue.

I've been good ever since!

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0