Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Trouble Opening Hood / Bonnet?

09-09-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Trouble Opening Hood / Bonnet?

Sorry if this question isn't in the right place. I have a 2020 M340 xDrive. I don't drive it much, use a Battery Tender, and find it weirdly hard to open my hood. I do the double pull and try to open it - no dice. A few months back, I wasn't able to get it open at all. Last week, it took me about three tries until I could open it. I feel the release with the first pull but the second one doesn't seem to do anything. When I was at dealership a while back, the SA had me pulling the release while he was trying to open it so of course it opened for him. I can't and don't want this to be a two person job at home. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Nope, pull it twice and you should be able to open the hood with one hand. Better to let the dealer have a look. Could be an issue with the mechanism.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2024, 07:38 PM   #3
Jerolec
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i Xdrive

Have the same issue here. Need to pull once, go push slightly down on the hood until I hear a click then go back a pull a second time the handle to be able to open mine. Annoying... You found the issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 02:21 PM   #4
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Jerolec Yes, I did with the help of this video. I sprayed some white lithium grease onto the latches at the very front of the engine bay and it fixed the problem. Good luck.
Appreciate 0