Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Does the transmisssion from the Supra fit the M340i?

01-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #23
Manjot14
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_nick View Post
I have been thinking about this... Coulda shoulda woulda... but then if it still broke I would have blamed the trans tune that it broke lol
odds are very likely that the lack of trans tune lead to Premature wear of clutches. As much as a tune improves shift times, it also ups line pressures to ensure proper clutch engagement under the additional load we are throwing at the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 12:01 AM   #24
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjot14 View Post
odds are very likely that the lack of trans tune lead to Premature wear of clutches. As much as a tune improves shift times, it also ups line pressures to ensure proper clutch engagement under the additional load we are throwing at the transmission.
Dang ok. So it's unlikely that the valve body is damaged and the damage is in the mechanics. The shop I am rebuilding at only does the mechanics and not the valve body, so that's good
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 01:35 PM   #25
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Hi all,

So my 2020 RWD M340i's transmission took a crap one month after the warranty expired... the dealer wants $15k to replace it...

I found a lot of used Supra transmission online for around $2k and a local shop would install it for around $1500...

I am just wondering if it will fit/can be coded (TCU) to work with my car??

Thanks for any insight
Ask for a Goodwill repair.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 03:02 PM   #26
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Ask for a Goodwill repair.
I did and BMW denied my claim. The dealer I went to was being a dick about it because I had another shop change the fluid and clear the codes before taking it in to them; I also left my racing tires on the car and they could tell it was tracked... Dealer went down from 20k estimate to 15k estimate and that's all they would do for me. BMW NA couldn't help further.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 03:40 PM   #27
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
I did and BMW denied my claim. The dealer I went to was being a dick about it because I had another shop change the fluid and clear the codes before taking it in to them; I also left my racing tires on the car and they could tell it was tracked... Dealer went down from 20k estimate to 15k estimate and that's all they would do for me. BMW NA couldn't help further.
They must know you're tuned/modded. Pay to play. Dealership isn't in the business of doing free warranty work after all.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1