Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Stop Sale on 330i for RAM (Receiver Audio Module)

10-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #1
dstingel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Stop Sale on 330i for RAM (Receiver Audio Module)

My car finally arrived to the NJ VPC earlier this week. The status hadn’t updated to in transit by today so I asked the dealer to check on it.

I was told there’s a stop sale for the RAM. Was told it shouldn’t be long then will be released to them. Anyone else have this issue recently? Hoping it’s not a long wait but I’ve read some horror stories from earlier this summer.

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
nullptr_001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m340i

Same here. My m340 is sitting at Oxnard VPC waiting for the RAM. The longest wait time I've seen is 66 days at VPC (https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1839824&page=9)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
grantj1983
Private
Rep
Drives: M 440i

My M440i is on the ship Hawaiian Highway. I was also informed of a stop sale due to RAM.

How long have you been at the VPC nullptr?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #4
nullptr_001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantj1983 View Post
My M440i is on the ship Hawaiian Highway. I was also informed of a stop sale due to RAM.

How long have you been at the VPC nullptr?
Arrived at the port 09/23
Work order started 09/28
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 06:24 PM   #5
dstingel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullptr_001 View Post
Arrived at the port 09/23
Work order started 09/28
Based off that:

Work order started just means it needs the part right? Doesn’t mean they actually have the part. Right ?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #6
sicce123
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstingel View Post
Based off that:

Work order started just means it needs the part right? Doesn’t mean they actually have the part. Right ?
Dealer informed me that my 430i has a "stop sale" on it because of the RAM issue, too. I called BMW Genius, who informed me that my car is now in the US and loaded onto railcar for transportation. They have no idea where its heading.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #7
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

I ordered a 440i GC and its still on the ship on its way to Baltimore. It also has a stop sale for the RAM. so, yay for me as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #8
dstingel
Enlisted Member
Rep

On another forum I was told the stop sale is lifted, and the parts are available at NY/NJ just a matter of getting them installed on the units sitting there. Less than 2 weeks (supposedly).
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #9
grantj1983
Private
Rep
Drives: M 440i

Quote:
On another forum I was told the stop sale is lifted, and the parts are available at NY/NJ just a matter of getting them installed on the units sitting there. Less than 2 weeks (supposedly).
Can you post a link to that forum?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #10
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36 316i Compact - 100HP beast

Hi Folks!

My registration was finally approved so I can jump on the whining train!
Things went pretty quickly for my m340i for the first month then it was sitting in Final Assembly for 4 weeks and it's in Ready for Transport since Tuesday.
I know it was on stop sale, waiting on the RAM but I don't know what happened when it got out of Final Assembly. I try to retain a minimal amount of self respect so I only bug my sales guy every two weeks and I'm mid cycle.
While it was still in Final Assembly I noticed in the configurator that they were doing a "SeriusXM and HD" delete, which I'm guessing due to the RAM shortage. I was wondering if it was an option to get rid of it from mine as I'm pretty sure I won't ever turn that thing on but they said no. I guess I'll have to try keep it together for a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 07:41 AM   #11
JSaid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSpottedCuscus View Post
Hi Folks!

My registration was finally approved so I can jump on the whining train!
Things went pretty quickly for my m340i for the first month then it was sitting in Final Assembly for 4 weeks and it's in Ready for Transport since Tuesday.
I know it was on stop sale, waiting on the RAM but I don't know what happened when it got out of Final Assembly. I try to retain a minimal amount of self respect so I only bug my sales guy every two weeks and I'm mid cycle.
While it was still in Final Assembly I noticed in the configurator that they were doing a "SeriusXM and HD" delete, which I'm guessing due to the RAM shortage. I was wondering if it was an option to get rid of it from mine as I'm pretty sure I won't ever turn that thing on but they said no. I guess I'll have to try keep it together for a while.
You and me both my M340 was stuck in final assembly for three weeks before finally moving to ready for transport September 30th. Been waiting in ready for transport ever since and I need a RAM as well. Best of luck, the waits been rough haha
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #12
Cvariable
Rep
Drives: 22 M340i

Also throwing my hat in the RAM stop sale misery. Ordered my M340i in July, finished assembly in early September. Arrived in Galveston this weekend all to find out that the RAM isn't available yet with no ETA. So close, yet so far away!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #13
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvariable View Post
Also throwing my hat in the RAM stop sale misery. Ordered my M340i in July, finished assembly in early September. Arrived in Galveston this weekend all to find out that the RAM isn't available yet with no ETA. So close, yet so far away!
I wish at least mine was already moved to Galveston, but unless the website is wrong it's still in Mexico. What does the order tracking say to you on the website?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #14
Cvariable
Rep
Drives: 22 M340i

It went back to the "at port" stage. I emailed the genius when it went into transit and got the shipping info but they were unable to tell me anything about the stop sale until it arrived. I called the line and was basically told to sit tight and wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:20 PM   #15
Pedalpower PA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future: 2022 M440ix Conv

My M440i arrived in Baltimore 9/22… still waiting on RAM fix…
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #16
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 02:44 PM   #17
sicce123
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvariable View Post
It went back to the "at port" stage. I emailed the genius when it went into transit and got the shipping info but they were unable to tell me anything about the stop sale until it arrived. I called the line and was basically told to sit tight and wait.
If it flipped back to "at port" stage, it means it has arrived at the VPC.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2021, 08:22 PM   #18
clearwaterms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S4 & LS3 C6 Corvette

i placed an order at the end of August and i think my car is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today but when I inquired for the delivery date I was told that the car is in a stop sale that affected all 3 and 5 series. I wonder if my car is part of the RAM stop sale and if so how long will it be delayed?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #19
dstingel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
i placed an order at the end of August and i think my car is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today but when I inquired for the delivery date I was told that the car is in a stop sale that affected all 3 and 5 series. I wonder if my car is part of the RAM stop sale and if so how long will it be delayed?
If your car is a 3 or 5 series, I’d say yes. How long it will take seems to be anyones guess right now. I’m hoping it’s weeks not months. I placed order second week of August, been at the VPC for a week now, since 10/5.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 07:06 AM   #20
clearwaterms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If your car is a 3 or 5 series, I’d say yes. How long it will take seems to be anyones guess right now. I’m hoping it’s weeks not months. I placed order second week of August, been at the VPC for a week now, since 10/5.
330ix once the car gets to the VPC will it show as "at port"

Also, if it is "months" what are my options to cancel my order? I didn't leave a deposit with the dealership but did with the broker that I worked with.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #21
dstingel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
330ix once the car gets to the VPC will it show as "at port"

Also, if it is "months" what are my options to cancel my order? I didn't leave a deposit with the dealership but did with the broker that I worked with.
It will show at port and in transit twice. First time is at the port of loading (Mexico or Germany) and in transit to the Port of Destination (Balitimore for example) then in transit to your dealer.

If you haven’t signed anything with the dealer you have no obligation to the car. Honestly they’ll probably sell it on the lot for more than you paid. As far as getting the fee back from your broker, that’s between you and him to work out.
Did he give you an estimated delivery time when your ordered? Are you willing to recoup a $500 broker fee to either start over again, or pay significantly more for an in stock unit?

To me waiting it out is the best option.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #22
clearwaterms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It will show at port and in transit twice. First time is at the port of loading (Mexico or Germany) and in transit to the Port of Destination (Balitimore for example) then in transit to your dealer.

To me waiting it out is the best option.
I never observed my car as "at port"
My car never showed "at port" it went directly from "ready for transport" to "in transit" back on 9/24 and has been there since.

In terms of waiting for another car, its more of a situation where I won't have a car too much longer. My previous daily was a lease that was returned and while I have a second car it is useless once the snow falls (corvette). My wife has said we could share her car as needed but that isn't sustainable forever.
Appreciate 0