Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Anyone in Australia received the OS 7 update?

10-23-2020, 02:08 AM   #1
Lfk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series G20

Anyone in Australia received the OS 7 update?

I have a 2019 3 Series. I keep reading about the big update but my car still tells me there's no update.

Has anyone in Australia been able to download the new Operating System 7 update or is it not released here yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:57 AM   #2
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfk View Post
I have a 2019 3 Series. I keep reading about the big update but my car still tells me there's no update.

Has anyone in Australia been able to download the new Operating System 7 update or is it not released here yet?
No I haven't. I think Germany is going to get it first and then probably rest of Europe and US. Being a small market, we will probably be one of the last to receive it.

If you want to get it earlier, you can visit a dealer and make up an excuse of some idrive malfunctioning, and they may update it for you to the latest version.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
Lfk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfk View Post

No I haven't. I think Germany is going to get it first and then probably rest of Europe and US. Being a small market, we will probably be one of the last to receive it.

If you want to get it earlier, you can visit a dealer and make up an excuse of some idrive malfunctioning, and they may update it for you to the latest version.
Disappointing. We pay just as much as everyone else does (well much more after taxes etc). Besides, shouldn't they test it on a small market first?!

I do have an appointment coming up though, mainly for oil change, but also the steering rod recall and a list of issues that are potentially software related. Hopefully they'll upgrade it
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
Astera
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

I got the 07/2020 update last week but only because my G20 was in for its first service so the dealer updated the software, but shows that it is around in Australia - who knows when it goes to OTA though.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:03 AM   #5
skylinebmwm5
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astera View Post
I got the 07/2020 update last week but only because my G20 was in for its first service so the dealer updated the software, but shows that it is around in Australia - who knows when it goes to OTA though.
Did it come with andriod auto?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
Astera
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinebmwm5 View Post
Did it come with andriod auto?
Here's the thing in that Android Auto is mentioned in the digital manual (as the 07/2020 update is what is being rolled out around the world and certainly supports AA) and as soon as I got in my car, my phone was trying to connect to it for the first time ever so something is there, but the app wasn't there to launch it (CarPlay now is there) so not sure if some level of further activation is needed before Australians can make use of it.
Appreciate 0