Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Dealership CRASHES NEW 2023 m340i [HELP!]

07-10-2023, 11:01 PM   #155
MrMegambo
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i 2023

Ok so two new things popped up, 1 I hear a knock whenever I'm turning or accelerating through a turn, and the headlights are slightly misaligned actually no the left one is completely misaligned and the right side bumper sits an inch off the light from the left. The headlight being misaligned was something picked up by my friend who works at a body shop and when he went to look at the bumper he also spotted the gap, I will send a few pictures tomorrow as I am about to go to sleep as of now. I will contact the dealership and let you guys know what's new.

I did do a complete look around and test the car when I first picked it up, but these things were so slight that I didn't catch them until last week and then I started to question and review everything.

Last edited by MrMegambo; 07-10-2023 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 11:12 PM   #156
rmedina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Well that sucks. Hopefully your dealership will make it right. I gotta say you have some patience my man. I would have gone ape shit with your dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 11:35 AM   #157
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMegambo View Post
Ok so two new things popped up, 1 I hear a knock whenever I'm turning or accelerating through a turn, and the headlights are slightly misaligned actually no the left one is completely misaligned and the right side bumper sits an inch off the light from the left. The headlight being misaligned was something picked up by my friend who works at a body shop and when he went to look at the bumper he also spotted the gap, I will send a few pictures tomorrow as I am about to go to sleep as of now. I will contact the dealership and let you guys know what's new.

I did do a complete look around and test the car when I first picked it up, but these things were so slight that I didn't catch them until last week and then I started to question and review everything.
The issue is, once a car is hit, even after fixing it, you never know what issues were missed and when they are going to make themselves present.
I do not understand why you did not go after their insurance and a diminished value claim. You're putting yourself totally at their mercy
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 12:34 PM   #158
JFray23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 xdrive28i X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
The issue is, once a car is hit, even after fixing it, you never know what issues were missed and when they are going to make themselves present.
I do not understand why you did not go after their insurance and a diminished value claim. You're putting yourself totally at their mercy
I had a detailer burn through the clear on the rear door of my new G26 and the repair work by the BMW body shop was sub par. The color didn’t quite match and they did a terrible job with reassembly. I had to go back multiple times. Thankfully I have a great dealer and I dumped the car for a 23 G20 LCI. I couldn’t live with the repairs on a brand new car so I had to rid it from my life. Regardless of what anyone says, a car is never the same after a wreck, especially if you are meticulous about your car being perfect.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 01:27 AM   #159
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
the reason is that they promised to repair everything properly and right. It didn't make sense yk. The paint job is perfect it's just small things. No frame damage at all bc everything was cosmetic.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 01:59 AM   #160
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:

Do check your paperwork, if the shop is an insurance network shop, the repair should come with lifetime warranty. If not, a CCRC should still carry warranty, e.g. 2 years/unlimited miles(not 100% sure).

The knock during turn can be of concern, do ask the CCRC shop foreman to test drive with you to see if he can spot any issue with the repair and/or if there is anything missed in the original workorder.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 06:49 AM   #161
JohnBrawls
Rep
Drives: BMW 320Xi

Read the whole thread and I'm surprised you didn't get anything apart the car back for such a long time.

I live in a country that's (supposedly) known for bad rights. And there is a rule here, if the car isn't fixed in 45 days. Every day since that is 1% penalty based on the price paid for the car AT LEAST. So if you didn't have your car for 4 months it's 75 days over and it's 75% cash back for what you originally paid for the car. Can't believe USA, the country where you can sue people for literally anything, you don't have such practice.

And in your case isn't what dealership employee did with recorded footage extremely illegal? You basically had them on strings and did nothing with it. Bit strange that.

I would ask for the money back and compensation for not going to the court. The car has been in an accident, it's a label =(
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #162
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

I think in the US the owner signs over the rights while the car is in the shop, so it may not be illegal to delete webcam footage while in service's possession(other legal experts can weight in on this).

The US states do have individual new car lemon laws, I think in CA the car needs to be in dealer service for 30+ days for the same issue to be qualified as lemon. OP's case is a autobody shop repair though, I don't think there is any legislation w.r.t. long an autobody repair can take.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 02:47 PM   #163
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

Quote:
the reason is that they promised to repair everything properly and right. It didn't make sense yk. The paint job is perfect it's just small things. No frame damage at all bc everything was cosmetic.
Oh, the dealer made a promise. Well then all okay. Dealers never lie
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2023, 02:30 AM   #164
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately even reputable shops can mess up but their reputations also ride on getting things right. It does come at the expense of your time going back and forth.

If the shop uncovers previously undiagnosed damages, they should reopen the insurance claim to get those fixed for customers too.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 09:32 PM   #165
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Brought the car back to the dealership, spoke to the service manager and they are taking a look at the car. There are a couple of more issues but they will take care of it.
Appreciate 0