Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Easy Wireless Charger Retrofit

01-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Easy Wireless Charger Retrofit

So for anyone who has the NFC module but would rather have wireless charging I've found a solution that has been working great for the past few months.

It's a $10 wireless charger that I bought off of Amazon, a roll of double sided tape, and a short (about 6 inches, right angle usb c cable).

I've attached a few pictures but if anyone else wants more detailed pictures or if you want to know the exact items I'm using let me know. This can be done on top of the existing NFC module without having to change anything. I've experienced no problems doing this at all!

The wireless charger fits perfectly in the space, double sided tape to hold it in place, and the right angle usb c cable works great in the existing USB port in the cup holders!

I'm using it with an iPhone 12 Pro Max and a Note 20 Ultra both fit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

For other guys, there is the exact same charger but even with magsafe, again aliexpress for 15 or sth dollars, which works great.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
For other guys, there is the exact same charger but even with magsafe, again aliexpress for 15 or sth dollars, which works great.
That's a good option except i would worry that the MagSafe might not line up correctly given the weird sizing of the charging tray. With a traditional wireless charger basically the whole surface area of the charger works. With MagSafe it has to be lined up perfectly for the magnets to attach to the phone.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone try the Aliexpress option though!
Appreciate 1