Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) MP side skirts...same part for both G20 models?

01-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
miked1999
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
MP side skirts...same part for both G20 models?

Following the unboxing, I lined my new skirts into position... I'm surprised they're not more tailored to their respective attachment points on the car. For example, the mounting point for an MP spoiler is pretty intuitive because it's molded to the contours of the deck lid. ...Seems the side skirts have a bit more "play" in how they affix to the car. Obviously the install requires 3M and self tappers, so maybe once the bottom-rear corner of the blade gets fastened to the undercarriage, it will right itself into position?

Worth mentioning that I went with an aftermarket product (IKON), because reviews on this forum are generally positive. I'm aware OEM is optimal. But to be clear, this isn't a fitment concern, it's a FIT concern.

Hoping to understand A.) if MP Skirts are interchangeable between G20 models, and B.) if anyone has experienced similar fit issues/concerns prior to locking them into place.

Just making sure before I start drilling. Appreciate any insight.
Appreciate 0