Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Software Update option missing from Connected Drive Android App

12-20-2020, 04:15 AM   #1
plusman
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 3-Series (G20)

Software Update option missing from Connected Drive Android App

Has anybody else noticed that the "software update" option is missing from the Android version of the Connected Drive app? I think it used to appear on the Info tab, below vehicle check and above Schedule service, but it is no longer there. I am currently on version 6.5.0.6411 of the app which seems to be the latest available in Google Play.

This seems to have happened in the past few weeks, not long after I updated the car to version 07/2020.54 using the app.

Has anybody else noticed this?
Have BMW stopped OTA software updates?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
ADIUK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30e M Sport 2020

Garage List
The "software update" feature is now in the My BMW app.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 03:49 AM   #3
Korbainethor
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

From Australia here and I don't see it in the BMW Connected app. No My BMW app available on the Google Play store here currently.

For the lucky ones~

The My BMW App is currently available in the following countries: Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Korea. If you are visiting us by using your desktop device please scan the QR-Code below and download the My BMW App directly to your smartphone. The My BMW App will also be available in many other countries soon.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/mybmw-app.html
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #4
G20NZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbainethor View Post
From Australia here and I don't see it in the BMW Connected app. No My BMW app available on the Google Play store here currently.

For the lucky ones~

The My BMW App is currently available in the following countries: Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Korea. If you are visiting us by using your desktop device please scan the QR-Code below and download the My BMW App directly to your smartphone. The My BMW App will also be available in many other countries soon.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/mybmw-app.html
Download the apk version, works perfectly and is much better than the connected app. I'm based in New Zealand so dont have it via the play store either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.apkpu...bile20.row/amp
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #5
plusman
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 3-Series (G20)

Thanks for the information - I have been able to download the MyBMW app and can see the software update option there (not that there is any new software to update).

Happy Holidays!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
Korbainethor
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20NZ View Post
Download the apk version, works perfectly and is much better than the connected app. I'm based in New Zealand so dont have it via the play store either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.apkpu...bile20.row/amp
Thanks for the heads up about that. After much playing around to figure out how to install that APK version I did get it installed. Unfortunately no upgrade available for my July 2020 build 330i msport. 07/2020.60 is latest available.

At least the remote upgrade is showing up in the my bmw app compared to the connected one.
Appreciate 0