Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

07-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #4379
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You get your hands ON my ass, right this minute

wait, whut???
The more I read your posts, the more I think you really are a pot head and your screen name has nothing to do with your real name.
MKSixer34171.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      07-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #4380
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The more I read your posts, the more I think you really are a pot head and your screen name has nothing to do with your real name.
My BILIL informed me last weekend that he visited one of the local dispensaries, and found products he very much enjoys.

Keep that out of my wheelhouse, I'm on the surprise drug testing list at work, and I want to keep my job. But sure, I'll have another martini
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 08:48 AM   #4381
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
talking to a buddy after my conclusive date yesterday we realized neither of us really know what to do in a relationship.

this is bad, yes, but can anyone shed light?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #4382
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
talking to a buddy after my conclusive date yesterday we realized neither of us really know what to do in a relationship.

What did I miss this time?
      07-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #4383
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

well its simple.
1) can you be committed to your partner and only that person.
2) communication, love ,respect and trust is important.

without trust, no relationship will last, or function.

if you cant see yourself with 1 person, then you are not ready to be in relationship.

it also means no more dating site, no more booty calls lol
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
cmyx6go15573.50
Rmtt8206.00
      07-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #4384
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
well its simple.

if you cant see yourself with 1 person, then you are not ready to be in relationship.

Let's delve deeper here. Let's say a person has 1. & 2. covered - love, commitment, communication, trust and respect are all checked. What is a person actually supposed to do in a relationship?

I'll add encouragement, growth and adding value to the other persons life. Along with support them emotionally, we all have bad days.

I'd also like to add that I don't mind to assist......in the kitchen......when she is making me a sandwich.
Appreciate 3
nyalpine907384.50
cmyx6go15573.50
      07-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #4385
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Let's delve deeper here. Let's say a person has 1. & 2. covered - love, commitment, communication, trust and respect are all checked. What is a person actually supposed to do in a relationship?

I'll add encouragement, growth and adding value to the other persons life. Along with support them emotionally, we all have bad days.

I'd also like to add that I don't mind to assist......in the kitchen......when she is making me a sandwich.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #4386
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

What did I miss this time?
attached image happened; you know it's bad when she assumes you do hard drugs yet still somehow bore her... not sticking around for someone who thinks im a druggie or a boring person.

Quote:
Quote:

well its simple.

well yeah my guy i know this, but that's not what i meant.

i meant as in what to expect? you can communicate clearly, be "in love" with someone while respecting and trusting them but what is one supposed to do, have her/him be a +1 to one's life or become your best friend or something else??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
well its simple.

i guess i really have a bad and completely wrong view on relationships then, a lot of my close buddies will do that for me on almost a daily basis. yet to meet someone who lacks a penis who i can connect with to get to that level idk maybe relationships isnt my thing, but we already knew this. im just lost on what to expect/expecting more than "hehe im sarcastic, lets watch the office together" clearly isn't doing me well
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #4387
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

i meant as in what to expect? you can communicate clearly, be "in love" with someone while respecting and trusting them but what is one supposed to do, have her/him be a +1 to one's life or become your best friend or something else??

i guess i really have a bad and completely wrong view on relationships then, a lot of my close buddies will do that for me on almost a daily basis. yet to meet someone who lacks a penis who i can connect with to get to that level idk maybe relationships isnt my thing, but we already knew this. im just lost on what to expect/expecting more than "hehe im sarcastic, lets watch the office together" clearly isn't doing me well
Grasshopper /Pickle - You're thinking too much. You just haven't found the right person yet. It is possible to find someone without a penis that you can be friends with, hang out with and also be in love with. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince(ss).
Rmtt8206.00
      07-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #4388
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Grasshopper /Pickle - You're thinking too much. You just haven't found the right person yet. It is possible to find someone without a penis that you can be friends with, hang out with and also be in love with. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince(ss).
This 100%. Once you have a connection with someone it will all make sense. The problem is finding someone who you think is attractive that you also enjoy being with and spending time with.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #4389
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince(ss).
You don't necessarily "have" to, but sometimes you'll kiss a lot worse things than frogs.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #4390
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

You will know when it comes along. Anyone I have ever seen for an extended period of time always had some type of idiosncrasy that I just couldn't get past no matter how small it may have been.

And I'm sure they felt the same about me.

There would always be something that could get on my nerves even if not apparent at first.

But when you meet the right one......it's kind of like they can do no wrong. This is the icing on the cake. Stuff that you found the least little bit irritating with others don't bother you....in fact you may even find it all "cute". Even the "shallow" stuff as how they look when they first wake up....etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that all that superficial stuff no longer matters....you don't even think about it. And you "click" in pretty much every other aspect of the relationship.

Now no one is perfect, but if you get what I described above pretty much nailed down, and the relationship seems way to easy.....it's a good sign.

Not saying there won't be trying times, but when they come along and you could just as easily walk away.....then you no that's not the one. When you have someone you're committed to making it work with.....and realize that it's not always the other person's faults or hang-ups....that it could actually be you that needs the extra work.....I think it's safe to say you have found a good one.

Granted I say this only once you are content and happy with yourself. If you aren't at that point, you may find yourself looking to others to fill that void and that isn't a place you want to be!
King Rudi13152.00
      07-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #4391
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys, i see your point(s). Honestly reflecting back it's me mismanaging the interaction and being impulsive while reaching conclusions that aren't even there - i'm not blaming myself fully for how it unfolded but i definitely could've done better.

All we can do now is move forward, no?
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      07-29-2019, 06:06 AM   #4392
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

Granted I say this only once you are content and happy with yourself. If you aren't at that point, you may find yourself looking to others to fill that void and that isn't a place you want to be!
I think this is the smartest thing I've ever read on the internet. So true.
Rmtt8206.00
      07-29-2019, 10:05 PM   #4393
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Just now exploring other parts of the forums and finding this thread. I'll post my own experiences at some point, but if anyone ever wants some female perspective in this thread I can at least attempt to answer lol

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #4394
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Just now exploring other parts of the forums and finding this thread. I'll post my own experiences at some point, but if anyone ever wants some female perspective in this thread I can at least attempt to answer lol
i'll bite

whats your "he can be all this but if he does this it won't work out whatsoever" thing?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-30-2019, 01:54 AM   #4395
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
whats your "he can be all this but if he does this it won't work out whatsoever" thing?
Sub'd

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2019, 06:33 AM   #4396
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Well....It looks like things between me and the widow have come to an impasse. She has always stated that she didn't want a boyfriend right now, but actions have seemed to indicate we were moving closer to that.

Then, late last week, she came over and we had a long conversation about it over dinner where she said that I was getting too serious and pushy and that she still wasn't ready for a boyfriend. The conversation ended and we continued with our date and had a great time.

Since then, its been almost radio silence. If I don't reach out, we don't talk. This is the first time in 4-5 months that we've gone more than 24 hours without conversation. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end or what.

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 07:11 AM   #4397
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
Well....It looks like things between me and the widow have come to an impasse. She has always stated that she didn't want a boyfriend right now, but actions have seemed to indicate we were moving closer to that.

Then, late last week, she came over and we had a long conversation about it over dinner where she said that I was getting too serious and pushy and that she still wasn't ready for a boyfriend. The conversation ended and we continued with our date and had a great time.

Since then, its been almost radio silence. If I don't reach out, we don't talk. This is the first time in 4-5 months that we've gone more than 24 hours without conversation. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end or what.

she is pushing away, give her the space and see what she does. If you dont hear from her, let her go.
Appreciate 7
King Rudi13152.00
cmyx6go15573.50
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      07-30-2019, 07:13 AM   #4398
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
i'll bite

simply walk away and never look back. If she cant express herself correctly you will never know anything, this becomes a HEADACHE!!!!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      07-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #4399
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
she is pushing away, give her the space and see what she does. If you dont hear from her, let her go.
I'll agree with this. Women are like cats, they'll let you know if they want something of you. The more you try to project yourself on them, the more they tend to walk away.

Give her some space. You already know that she cares about you. Let her sort things out in her mind.
Appreciate 6
nyalpine907384.50
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      07-30-2019, 07:35 AM   #4400
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

ya mon
Attached Images