05-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #354
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
sharpening his claws . . .
..... and laughing maniacally whilst writhing his little paws like an evil genius.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15575.00
      05-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #355
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Here’s Miki. She was in the back for most of the ride. She moved up front when we parked and when I came back out, she’s got the “why is a human in MY seat??” look.

Also: (my daughter put on a shark scarf)
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark!

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
Dang3r12503.00
      05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #356
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^ talker!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #357
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Yes he would, he's just sneaky. I guess that goes hand in hand with being a cat.
Not necessarily. I would guess being a cat is hating to give up just as well as confrontation. Looking for less resistant ways. His tactics does not necessarily come from his wish to avoid punishment, he might be trying to spare your feelings that way. This would make it sneaky "only" in fact, not coming from a mean nature. According to your notice he seems frustrated rather than scared with your anger.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #358
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Not necessarily. I would guess being a cat is hating to give up just as well as confrontation. Looking for less resistant ways. His tactics does not necessarily come from his wish to avoid punishment, he might be trying to spare your feelings that way. This would make it sneaky "only" in fact, not coming from a mean nature. According to your notice he seems frustrated rather than scared with your anger.
Wow, that's pretty deep stuff for a cat walking across a couch!

He just wants to get in every place he can. Very curious. If I open a cabinet and don't close it fast enough, he walks right in. I had a workman come in for something, don't remember what. He put his bag on the floor with the zipper open. Oscar came very close to being carried out of the house.
      05-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #359
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You attempt to stop a cat from being furniture? The solution there is get a dog.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #360
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Long back story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You attempt to stop a cat from being furniture? The solution there is get a dog.
Oscar rules the house. I inherited him and I've always been allergic to cats. He belongs to my other half for about 13 years. We bought a house together last year and I was in complete freak out mode that I would get very sick. My mother had cats for years and I couldn't be in the house for more than 1/2 hour and then I couldn't breathe. If I got cat hair on me I'd break out in hives and bumps. Not sure if there is such a thing as being allergic to some cats, or if it's just that I have no fabric or rugs unlike my mom's house. The floors are either tile or hardwood and there are air filters in every room. I'm sure this helps. So far, so good.

He has his spots, including his own couch, boxes with blankets, tubes, pillows and beds in every room except my bedroom. I have a baby gate on the door. He's a good cat, he doesn't do tables or counters. That would freak me out. I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

So that's my dilemma. He's on the couch, I don't know. I sit, get cat hair on me, go upstairs and cross contaminate.
      05-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #361
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Oscar rules the house. I inherited him and I've always been allergic to cats. He belongs to my other half for about 13 years. We bought a house together last year and I was in complete freak out mode that I would get very sick. My mother had cats for years and I couldn't be in the house for more than 1/2 hour and then I couldn't breathe. If I got cat hair on me I'd break out in hives and bumps. Not sure if there is such a thing as being allergic to some cats, or if it's just that I have no fabric or rugs unlike my mom's house. The floors are either tile or hardwood and there are air filters in every room. I'm sure this helps. So far, so good.

He has his spots, including his own couch, boxes with blankets, tubes, pillows and beds in every room except my bedroom. I have a baby gate on the door. He's a good cat, he doesn't do tables or counters. That would freak me out. I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

So that's my dilemma. He's on the couch, I don't know. I sit, get cat hair on me, go upstairs and cross contaminate.
So basically, you've got a cat that can suicide you any moment it chooses.

Two questions:

1. Does it realize that?
2. You said it was inherited from your ex, where did your ex originally get it from - Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #362
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So basically, you've got a cat that can suicide you any moment it chooses.

Two questions:

1. Does it realize that?
2. You said it was inherited from your ex, where did your ex originally get it from - Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Basically, yes.

I think Oscar is confused. He doesn't understand why I don't pet him or show him affection. In return he acts very needy around me. Always right under foot, walking between my feet. Sits on the floor directly behind my chair if I'm at the kitchen table. Brushes against my legs. Do you have any idea how many times a day I change and how much laundry I do?

Not my ex, my current. We got engaged and bought a house together. Before we moved in together, he spent most of his time at my house. I would be very careful when I was at his house to strip as soon as I got home and put my clothes right in the wash.

If he belonged to my ex, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
      05-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #363
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Basically, yes.

I think Oscar is confused. He doesn't understand why I don't pet him or show him affection. In return he acts very needy around me. Always right under foot, walking between my feet. Sits on the floor directly behind my chair if I'm at the kitchen table. Brushes against my legs. Do you have any idea how many times a day I change and how much laundry I do?

Not my ex, my current. We got engaged and bought a house together. Before we moved in together, he spent most of his time at my house. I would be very careful when I was at his house to strip as soon as I got home and put my clothes right in the wash.

If he belonged to my ex, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
My bad - reading comprehension failed me there. I had thought I read ex somewhere, but clearly not.

Cats can live a long time, as I'm sure you are aware. My wife is allergic to our dog, but he'll probably only live for 4-6 more years because their life expectancy is much lower. Strangely, she's on board with getting another dog (I think mostly for our kids who just love having a dog and it is going to be really hard on them when Mac goes...especially my 2 year old).

Have you discussed with your fiancé what the intent is when Oscar goes...because he may want another cat?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #364
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
My bad - reading comprehension failed me there. I had thought I read ex somewhere, but clearly not.

Cats can live a long time, as I'm sure you are aware. My wife is allergic to our dog, but he'll probably only live for 4-6 more years because their life expectancy is much lower. Strangely, she's on board with getting another dog (I think mostly for our kids who just love having a dog and it is going to be really hard on them when Mac goes...especially my 2 year old).

Have you discussed with your fiancé what the intent is when Oscar goes...because he may want another cat?
Not happening. Oscar is a good boy. He’s trained. He’s clean. No accidents. He doesn’t climb on tables, counters, appliances. Not sure if it’s because of his age or if he was trained well. A new cat means an agile kitten that will be all over everything. No freakin way. I’d be open to a dog, or a parrot. But not a cat. I’d like to enjoy a pet that I can actually touch and play with. I do feel bad that Oscar doesn’t understand I can’t touch him.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #365
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty deep stuff for a cat walking across a couch!

He just wants to get in every place he can. Very curious. If I open a cabinet and don't close it fast enough, he walks right in. I had a workman come in for something, don't remember what. He put his bag on the floor with the zipper open. Oscar came very close to being carried out of the house.
I just had to look up "sneaky" (you had accused Oscar and "every cat" of being) and it turned out not that they were fond of sneaking everywhere as I would've thought and you just appear to confirm having actually meant.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #366
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I do feel bad that Oscar doesn’t understand I can’t touch him.
Have you TOLD Oscar why you won't touch him???? He's a male cat, he can't read your mind!

women
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #367
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

Why don't you use a towel or blanket for yourself then? Inconvenience, yes. But it's a precaution you need, he does not.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #368
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Have you TOLD Oscar why you won't touch him???? He's a male cat, he can't read your mind!

women
You
Crack
Me
Up

Men...., yes I have but just like a typical male he hears me but doesn’t understand
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #369
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

my wife is ready to kill the cats as they totally demolished her new rug she just bought yesterday called our local vet and I guess you can't declaw cats when they are a mature age...is that true?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:30 PM   #370
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
my wife is ready to kill the cats as they totally demolished her new rug she just bought yesterday called our local vet and I guess you can't declaw cats when they are a mature age...is that true?
I don’t know. Oscar has his rear claws but not his front
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:31 PM   #371
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don’t know. Oscar has his rear claws but not his front
did you get him declawed when he was a kitten or adult?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #372
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Don't they have little rubbery caps you can put over each nail? I think it's a thing you have to keep up on and replace them periodically but it's supposedly more "humane" than declawing.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #373
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
did you get him declawed when he was a kitten or adult?
Not sure. I inherited him. He was already declawed.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #374
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Don't they have little rubbery caps you can put over each nail? I think it's a thing you have to keep up on and replace them periodically but it's supposedly more "humane" than declawing.
Interesting...what are these rubbery caps you speak of? links
Appreciate 0