Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Sideview mirror folding issues

10-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #23
JSaid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
No I have 60k miles but I brought prepaid maintenance so technically it isn't free lol.
Lol not only did you still pay for it, you paid in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #24
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaid View Post
Quote:
No I have 60k miles but I brought prepaid maintenance so technically it isn't free lol.
Lol not only did you still pay for it, you paid in advance
Better to pay when it's cheaper. I did get 4 years 50k miles free, now I'm in extended period which I could cancel for partial refund but that would cost me more unless I sell the car today.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #25
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

My F30 was coded to do this on lock and lasted the 8 years I owned it without issue or drama.

Dealer will fix.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #26
@mcphillips_s
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemeh View Post
So 1,500 miles in and 1 month owner the passengers side auto folding mirror has failed.

Video..

Anyone else experienced this yet? Booked in to the dealer for Monday.
Hi, I have a 330i with the exact same issue. Did the dealer diagnose the fault for you yet? Can you let me know how you got on?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #27
Knight34
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mcphillips_s View Post
Quote:
So 1,500 miles in and 1 month owner the passengers side auto folding mirror has failed.

Video..

Hi, I have a 330i with the exact same issue. Did the dealer diagnose the fault for you yet? Can you let me know how you got on?
Mine is a 330i too, same issue, passenger side mirror.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:34 AM   #28
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

It's returned again today. Will ring and get it booked back in.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #29
Knight34
Rep

Quote:
It's returned again today. Will ring and get it booked back in.
I've been told there's corrosion (5 months old, 6100 miles) and a new part is on order.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #30
@mcphillips_s
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

My car is booked in for Monday 11th November. The mirror works intermittently and has been fine for the last few days but it's now on the blink again. Keep me posted with how your issues gets resolved guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 03:56 AM   #31
Knight34
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mcphillips_s View Post
My car is booked in for Monday 11th November. The mirror works intermittently and has been fine for the last few days but it's now on the blink again. Keep me posted with how your issues gets resolved guys.
Mine was fixed by replacing the 'corroded part'. Not an impressive start but hopefully we've just been unlucky and aside from being without it for a week, it was fixed without hassle.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #32
Kingy-
Rep
Drives: G20

My G20 is currently with BMW for the second time, mirrors wouldn’t fold out and no electric windows or manual fold on mirrors work on drivers panel, they fitted a new comms unit and after a week gone wrong again, known fault apparently
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #33
Kingy-
Rep

Quote:

Video..

My G20 is with BMW for the second time in a week, both mirrors are locked folded and windows don’t work from drivers panel, they fitted a new comms unit but same thing happened in a week, they are saying it’s an issue with a wiring loom, had a number of issues but won’t do a recall as no fix yet, even though I turned off folding on I drive they still folded in locked, had my F30 coded for 3 years and never had an issue, I like the feature to auto fold and want to use the option,
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #34
Kingy-
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight34 View Post
I've been told there's corrosion (5 months old, 6100 miles) and a new part is on order.
Did Coopers Chelmsford resolve it for you?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #35
SunsetSleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340Xi

I just turned this on yesterday on my car. Its nice because most cars don't have this..I love how they fold when I lock up.

I also like the noise a BMW makes when you lock..better than any Audi, Merc, Jag, Lexus, or Infiniti.

Nobody touches BMW lol
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #36
@mcphillips_s
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Got mine fixed today. Initially the passenger mirror wouldn't fold in and intermittently worked. Last Monday when I went to drive it the drivers side window/mirror switch was totally dead and the drivers mirror wouldn't work. Today the passenger mirror assembly was replaced and all is working again.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #37
Knight34
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingy- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight34 View Post
Did Coopers Chelmsford resolve it for you?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #38
Psavo
Rep
Drives: Bmw g20

Quote:
I do think they should have it on by default rather than waiting for people to discover it. It is on by default on the x5. Maybe they figure because it is bigger people might want to fold their mirrors. Also they should have a physical sync button for the AC. If the temp on front or rear passenger is adjusted it automatically unsyncs so it should be easier to sync back. Can this be programmed to the number button to turn back on sync?
You can save sync to one of the numbered buttons. You can also ask the assistant to do it.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #39
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine is currently is with BMW for this. I think they're replacing the mirror unit. Will update when I get it back
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #40
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Had the mirror replaced under warranty. Only day 1 but so far so good.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #41
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Today the driver side mirror didn't fold when locking the car. Surprisingly, when I returned to the car, after about 2 hours, I found it folded all right. Now it seems to be working just fine, as if nothing happened.
One time glitch or first symptoms of impending failure?

And more important question - if the mirror fails in folded position is it possible to unfold it manually and do not break anything? I'm thinking of disabling the auto-fold feature to avoid being stuck in some remote location with the folded mirrors, as it is unsafe to drive with.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 03:12 AM   #42
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

Picked up my 330e on Wednesday last week
Driver side mirror wont "open"..... I have driven the car at 4 occasions and already a fail
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:19 AM   #43
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi123 View Post
Today the driver side mirror didn't fold when locking the car. Surprisingly, when I returned to the car, after about 2 hours, I found it folded all right. Now it seems to be working just fine, as if nothing happened.

And more important question - if the mirror fails in folded position is it possible to unfold it manually and do not break anything? I'm thinking of disabling the auto-fold feature to avoid being stuck in some remote location with the folded mirrors, as it is unsafe to drive with.
Update - mirror failed, scheduled visit for replacement. According to my dealer a very common issue (suprise suprise) Worth noting is that the new mirror unit has a different part number than the failed one. Dealer said that is because it's an updated version (?). No planned recall anyway, just case-by-case approach. I may expect that the other mirror may fail anytime but they cannot do anything until it actually happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:47 AM   #44
EddieA1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i

Quote:
Quote:

Update - mirror failed, scheduled visit for replacement. According to my dealer a very common issue (suprise suprise) Worth noting is that the new mirror unit has a different part number than the failed one. Dealer said that is because it's an updated version (?). No planned recall anyway, just case-by-case approach. I may expect that the other mirror may fail anytime but they cannot do anything until it actually happens.
Quote:

Video..

Yes, the same happened to me. I also have the auto fold feature enabled. This weekend when I unlocked the car, to my surprise the driver door electronic went out (no lock/unlock, windows, mirror unfold, etc) and the side mirrors did not unfold. After several minutes of driving the electronics inexplicably worked again. I'm seeing service to have it address. Might be sign of a bigger issue. Totally dangerous to boot.
Appreciate 0