BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

07-23-2019, 02:15 AM   #177
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

That’s a great overlay... I can’t help but think it looks so M5ish in size though

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #178
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I might be in the minority but I kind of dig it! We'll see how well BMW executes it, though. I just don't want to see a lot of closed-off plastic bits and the only actual grill opening be the size of a shoe box
Same here.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      07-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #179
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
I'm with you - I think it's weird to automatically assume the upper and lower openings are connected and ignore the horizontal bar where the plate is. Of course this is alllll speculation so we'll see but I hope we are right!
This, people don't seem to have this intuition, for whatever reason. My bet is on top and bottom being separated.

Frankly think the renders are laughable and totally down the wrong tangents, if I am wrong I will gladly eat my words when the release drops, but that is where I stand now.
      08-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #180
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
This, people don't seem to have this intuition, for whatever reason. My bet is on top and bottom being separated.

Frankly think the renders are laughable and totally down the wrong tangents, if I am wrong I will gladly eat my words when the release drops, but that is where I stand now.
The render is based on insider hints ( insiders that has seen the new 4 series ) coupled with input from test mule pictures. The sum points to tall grills similar to those in the render.

Sure it could all be smoke and mirrors but any conclusion that we’ll see more of a traditional kidney ala the 8 series or G20 grill is projection at this point.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #181
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The render is based on insider hints ( insiders that has seen the new 4 series ) coupled with input from test mule pictures. The sum points to tall grills similar to those in the render.

Sure it could all be smoke and mirrors but any conclusion that we’ll see more of a traditional kidney ala the 8 series or G20 grill is projection at this point.
Do understand that, but also think they may be missing other clues available currently, not accounting for all information, notably, visibly, the test mules suggest a divide from top to bottom where you can see camo and the license plate, and other clues from other models, such as the 8, and just overall design cues from the current models from the brand. To put it specifically, I agree with the overall shape being like the BMW Next Concept, however, I beleive they will divide that shape to top and bottom, with a small strip+lic plate bracket. So I guess you could say I agree with the render if they add a division top to bottom.

I agree with the sentiment that they are using the BMW Next concept as a design cue, but I think the grille shape will be more "implied" rather than literal, as shown by the red dots. I just think people are wrong on it.

Will certainly come back to this thread either way once we know.

Also, a direct question for people who think that vacuum render is right:

Why is there camo to immediate right and left of the license plate? Just for fun?
Attached Images

08-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #182
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
Also, a direct question for people who think that vacuum render is right:

Why is there camo to immediate right and left of the license plate? Just for fun?
My guess is that camo. is everywhere they can put it and still allow for sufficient air flow. It can of course also be specifically to hide the tall grills and make it look more traditional and keep us guessing
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24821.50
JTO245246.50