Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Pictures of your restaurant meal

10-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #67
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Nice, looks good except you're drinking a bud light? Envious of the lobster rolls, my favorite.
I had a local microbrew with the lobster roll lunch. Had an Allagash White with the scallops.
      10-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #68
e90alpinem3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Dinner in Portland ME was at Street & Co on beautiful Wharf Street. I started with some muscles; then had a signature dish from Street & Co, scallops in Pernod & cream. Truly a wonderful meal.
https://www.streetandcompany.net
Street and co is one of my favorite spots in Portland. Try 'fore street' next time for an experience.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #69
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
This is an example of why I like to ask the staff for a recommendation. Stopped by "Revival Craft Kitchen and Bar" in East Greenwich RI, and the bartender (I always eat at the bar when dining alone) recommended their "Marsala Braised Pork Osso Bucco" with Vermont cheddar grits, braised local greens, and crispy bacon bits. Can I tell you this dish was fucking spectacular!?! Holy shit the whole bar had dish envy.

https://therevivalcraftkitchenandbar...ast-greenwich/
Attached Images

10-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #70
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
This is an example of why I like to ask the staff for a recommendation. Stopped by "Revival Craft Kitchen and Bar" in East Greenwich RI, and the bartender (I always eat at the bar when dining alone) recommended their "Marsala Braised Pork Osso Bucco" with Vermont cheddar grits, braised local greens, and crispy bacon bits. Can I tell you this dish was fucking spectacular!?! Holy shit the whole bar had dish envy.

dat chit looks amazing
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #71
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:

Glenn, you're eating too well over there. You need to calm down and have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #72
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Glenn, you're eating too well over there. You need to calm down and have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
Ha! I'm traveling throughout New England this week, so I'm putting a dent in my expense report! Exploring restaurants somewhat makes up for driving 200-300 miles/day and staying in a different hotel every night this week. BTW, I had an entirely-modest turkey club for lunch today.
      10-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #73
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

had dinner with the Wifey at The Real Seafood Co. food was absolutely delicious!

for appetizer fresh calamari

I had the JAMBALAYA which has chorizo sausage / rock shrimp / swordfish / blackened chicken / mushrooms / spicy Creole sauce / rice

the Wifey had SEAFOOD ALFREDO which has salmon / shrimp / scallops / fettuccine
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      10-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #74
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Hmmm, squid!!!!
      10-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #75
MAILIYAT
Private
Rep
Drives: MUSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
So I was up at my mothers cottage last week doing some reno's and repairs to get it ready for the summer season. I'd been under one of the buildings usa today protonmail lying in the mud for most of the day doing plumbing. I was tired, sore, dirty and hungry. There wasn't much in the fridge and I sure didn't feel like going out, I found this Butter Chicken and Basmati rice dish in the freezer....picture on the box vs what it actually looked like. FTR it tasted worse than it looked.
id post pics but im too busy eating my food when i go out to be an instaho taking pics of it

Last edited by MAILIYAT; 10-11-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #76
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAILIYAT View Post
id post pics but im too busy eating my food when i go out to be an instaho taking pics of it
lol you have no self control! I admire the meal i'm about to obliterate!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #77
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
lol you have no self control! I admire the meal i'm about to obliterate!
Are Instagram pictures of food the new pre-meal grace?

Not a recent picture, but this steak for two didn't last long at Peter Luger two years ago:

10-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #78
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Are Instagram pictures of food the new pre-meal grace?

Not a recent picture, but this steak for two didn't last long at Peter Luger two years ago:

ugh! look at all the juice splatters all over the plate! how did it taste?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #79
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ugh! look at all the juice splatters all over the plate! how did it taste?
The splatters were where the steak hung over the edges of the plate! That is the super-hot serving plate (sizzling), where the two people sharing the steak can trim their desired pre-cut chunks from the bone.

Peter Luger is ranked as the #1 steakhouse in NYC, and you need reservations weeks/months in advance. The steak was certainly top-notch, but the family style sides were somewhat of a letdown. Bucket list restaurant for a special occasion, but I don't see myself going back again. I like to go places where I've never been before, rather than go back to the same places over and over.....
      10-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #80
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAILIYAT View Post
Yep. Nothing pisses me off more than going out to a restaurant and being made to wait to start eating while a wanna-be food blogger photographs each and every dish 100 times to get the perfect shot.

From this range I could get the perfect shot first time with my 9mm every time. Just sayin.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614904.50
      10-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #81
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The splatters were where the steak hung over the edges of the plate! That is the super-hot serving plate (sizzling), where the two people sharing the steak can trim their desired pre-cut chunks from the bone.

Peter Luger is ranked as the #1 steakhouse in NYC, and you need reservations weeks/months in advance. The steak was certainly top-notch, but the family style sides were somewhat of a letdown. Bucket list restaurant for a special occasion, but I don't see myself going back again. I like to go places where I've never been before, rather than go back to the same places over and over.....
lol when I said ugh about the juice splatters I meant that in a good juicy way haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Yep. Nothing pisses me off more than going out to a restaurant and being made to wait to start eating while a wanna-be food blogger photographs each and every dish 100 times to get the perfect shot.

From this range I could get the perfect shot first time with my 9mm every time. Just sayin.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #82
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Earlier this year my Wife, Son and I went to Geranium in Copenhagen for dinner. It’s ranked in the top 20 in the world, a very special place and meal. Highly recommend for any “foodies”!

Some of the courses...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EdM53854.50
      10-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #83
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Cant identify anything you ate. Maybe someone's tongue cut off severed with green stuff from Nickelodeon.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #84
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Was the steak served rare enough where you needed to finish it off with a 9mm? If so, let me know where. I have a friend who orders prime rib "as rare as the chef will let it out of the kitchen, with bonus points if a vet can save it" when he dines out.....
      10-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #85
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Was the steak served rare enough where you needed to finish it off with a 9mm? If so, let me know where. I have a friend who orders prime rib "as rare as the chef will let it out of the kitchen, with bonus points if a vet can save it" when he dines out.....
My favorite is "pull out it's horns, wipe it's arse, and wave it over the plate. If it moves, give it a little bit longer".

No - the 9mm is for the food blogger, not my steak
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614904.50
      10-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #86
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Funny thing is that I spent a year writing a monthly food critic column in a national print magazine several years ago. Not once did I resort to printing pictures of food, choosing instead to earn my pay by crafting words into sentences that conveyed the entire culinary experience...in a way that the reader could envision/smell/taste it using only their minds.....
      10-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #87
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:
Funny thing is that I spent a year writing a monthly food critic column in a national print magazine several years ago. Not once did I resort to printing pictures of food, choosing instead to earn my pay by crafting words into sentences that conveyed the entire culinary experience...in a way that the reader could envision/smell/taste it using only their minds.....
Okay, but the layman isn't going to make that level of effort. Instead we take 5 seconds to snap a picture, then commence eating.
      10-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #88
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay, but the layman isn't going to make that level of effort. Instead we take 5 seconds to snap a picture, then commence eating.
If only it were 5 seconds. People who are desperate to become "influencers" on Instagram will spend a lot longer than that getting the perfect shot - trust me, I know.
Appreciate 0