Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Adapative Cruise Control

09-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #23
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Right, flagged for suspected engine tuning is one thing, but you still have the entire rest of the car that has a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #24
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58-M340iX View Post
Right, flagged for suspected engine tuning is one thing, but you still have the entire rest of the car that has a warranty.
Perhaps but voiding the warranty on the entire system of electronics is a pretty major exposure in today's automobiles.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:17 AM   #25
RandoR
Registered
Rep
Drives: Soon 2023 320i XDrive

Yeah those chip & supply chain issues are real bummer.. I also had to order my new 320i LCI without DA Pro which I was not really happy but instead, at least in EU markets they offer Stop&Go (ACC) separately. So of course I took that. I miss line assistance and automated driving tough.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 04:40 PM   #26
Jack4444
Rep
Drives: 330e

I'll Wait

Was ready to switch back to BMW from my current Audi. Then the options I like began dropping off due to the chip shortage. Will wait as long as it takes for features like ACC to get back into production. Wonder how many are in the same boat.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2023, 09:13 PM   #27
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillsp View Post
By the way, guys, if any of you guys, not from 2023 LCI stumbled upon this thread and wanted ACC on your car, I did some research and it seems pretty popular and relatively easy to do.

https://www.taobao.com/list/product/...2%E5%BA%94.htm

So basically, it seems like it's really easy to get a complete kit in China, the link above was a search for "bmw acc kit" on taobao(chinese amazon, but better). They sell you a complete retrofit kit for ACC and ACC PRO for pre-LCI 3,4,5(including X),etc. If you live in China, they would install it for you(the kit price includes labor). It costs about a few hundred to up to 3k usd for a complete kit. If you can't read Chinese, you may find someone who can, order the kit and have some kind of logistics to send them over to U.S.(because taobao china doesn't ship oversea), but then you have to find a dealer/MOD shop to install them for you.

But be WARNED: according to my cousin who works in BMW service center, installing such kit will void your warranty and might get your car blacklisted from service center. So, unless your car is already out of warrenty, I do not recommend to do so. For LCI models, I asked one of the shops who sells these, the hardware kit is the same/available, but it's unable to do so because it requires iDrive system to recognize/open acc feature. The current kit that they sell, includes idrive 7 coding that unlocks DAP/ACC. However, since we can't code iDrive8 yet, it's not available for LCI models atm.
I have 22 X3 LCI and installing DAP requires replacement of windshield and KAFAS as well as replacing the radars. Are you saying this taobao version does not require all that equipment for much cheaper? Do you know if there are any real demo of it working? I can go to china to pick it up in person
Appreciate 0