Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

08-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #4445
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Lol I decided a while back online dating is stupid. Meeting someone based on a profile that’s self-promoting on an app never works out as intended.
Meeting people organically through going to happy-hours and within the circles of the hobbies I participate in has been much more fruitful.
Apps = quick easy sex & maybe 3 face-to-face get togethers, then one ghosts the other. Great for meeting shallow social media types who think they are worth far more than reality.

Truth be told, the less social media presence someone has, in my opinion, the better the person they are. Without diving to deep into this topic, social media is nothing more than self promotion.....good people don't need to promote themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This thread is making me realize I never get out anymore. All I do is work, drive to and from work, and go to the gym. FML
Brother, there is nothing at all wrong with that. Sounds like a pretty responsible individual to me. I can assure you, those that portray the great social media life are anything but responsible or financially secure. Typically those who have something, don't have to advertise they have it. They mostly don't want anyone to know, so that someone doesn't try to take it from them.
Appreciate 4
Dang3r12503.00
Rmtt8206.00
      08-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #4446
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

To put social media into another point of view:
To power the whole internet, including military, firms, state…. are at least 4 full blown nuclear power plants necessary.
Now subtract all exept social media and you need 5 or 6 big coal- or other powerplants.
The Friday for future kids are sitting every Friday and demonstrate for less CO2 pollution, while filming, gaming, photoshooting or surfing with their smartphones.
At home they have to recharge it with power from what? Watercraft? Totally alternative energies? C'mon kids, get real. As long as nobody mentions your personal CO2 footstep caused by social media and its needed power from somewhat, dont start complaining against more necessary things...like my big car

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #4447
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Lol I decided a while back online dating is stupid. Meeting someone based on a profile that’s self-promoting on an app never works out as intended.
Meeting people organically through going to happy-hours and within the circles of the hobbies I participate in has been much more fruitful.
I’m too quiet and shy to do that.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #4448
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Apps = quick easy sex & maybe 3 face-to-face get togethers, then one ghosts the other. Great for meeting shallow social media types who think they are worth far more than reality.

Truth be told, the less social media presence someone has, in my opinion, the better the person they are. Without diving to deep into this topic, social media is nothing more than self promotion.....good people don't need to promote themselves.
Idk, I have no social media at all but I’m still an asshole.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
Dang3r12503.00
      08-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #4449
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
I'm on instagram but rarely do I ever post anything....I'm an asshole too. Being an asshole doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion it makes you a realist who is aware of your surroundings and the people that accompany said surroundings.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      08-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #4450
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm on instagram but rarely do I ever post anything....I'm an asshole too. Being an asshole doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion it makes you a realist who is aware of your surroundings and the people that accompany said surroundings.
Here's to assholes.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      08-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #4451
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
A's in da house lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-10-2019, 02:29 AM   #4452
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This thread is making me realize I never get out anymore. All I do is work, drive to and from work, and go to the gym. FML
Same here my friend. Plus I rarely sleep, so I wait a lot!
      08-10-2019, 02:31 AM   #4453
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Brother, there is nothing at all wrong with that. Sounds like a pretty responsible individual to me. I can assure you, those that portray the great social media life are anything but responsible or financially secure. Typically those who have something, don't have to advertise they have it. They mostly don't want anyone to know, so that someone doesn't try to take it from them.

Same here. Aside from this forum and the corvette forum.....I don't do any social media. Never had a Facebook account in my life!
      08-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #4454
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
it's even better to be an asshole with social media because so much more can fly hahah

girls use social media to vet people if they meet on dating apps and not irl, some girls do it as "oh he doesn't get enough likes forget him" but some girls actually make sure you exist and basically aren't out to kill them

as far as apps go, im very close to deleting all of it. i'm either uglier than i thought in terms of these apps or something fundamentally is wrong (my name maybe? it's not a white name). i know it's not the first one, im not a greek god looking guy but I'm definitely not ugly either. the girls i can meet and get involved with in person are NOT the girls that match with me on these apps.

but sometimes the lower head gets the better of me so i keep on swiping
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #4455
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
it's even better to be an asshole with social media because so much more can fly hahah

girls use social media to vet people if they meet on dating apps and not irl, some girls do it as "oh he doesn't get enough likes forget him" but some girls actually make sure you exist and basically aren't out to kill them

as far as apps go, im very close to deleting all of it. i'm either uglier than i thought in terms of these apps or something fundamentally is wrong (my name maybe? it's not a white name). i know it's not the first one, im not a greek god looking guy but I'm definitely not ugly either. the girls i can meet and get involved with in person are NOT the girls that match with me on these apps.

Lol..... Don't be so sure. I just sent you my linked in profile and it has my picture.

I think I'm above average from the neck down, never gave much thought to my appearance.....but never had any issues!
      08-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #4456
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

every mildly attractive girl on a dating app is going to have literally thousands of guys to pick from. if you arent in the top few percentile in terms of looks it is hard to get noticed.

i had the worst date of my life last night. i actually deleted my bumble account during the date while she watched lol. im done with that shit.
Appreciate 2
      08-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #4457
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Lol..... Don't be so sure. I just sent you my linked in profile and it has my picture.

I think I'm above average from the neck down, never gave much thought to my appearance.....but never had any issues!
same goes for me, you've seen my picture on linkedin. it is a few months old (i now have circular glasses) but roughly the same thing - the worst i'd rate myself is average to be honest. I really, really don't think I am below average in terms of looks body or face

Quote:
every mildly attractive girl on a dating app is going to have literally thousands of guys to pick from. if you arent in the top few percentile in terms of looks it is hard to get noticed.

i had the worst date of my life last night. i actually deleted my bumble account during the date while she watched lol. im done with that shit.
yeah i guess that makes sense.

How/why was it the worst date?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-11-2019, 03:48 AM   #4458
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
same goes for me, you've seen my picture on linkedin. it is a few months old (i now have circular glasses) but roughly the same thing - the worst i'd rate myself is average to be honest. I really, really don't think I am below average in terms of looks body or face

I never have thought about rating myself....but I'm older and and have never had social media. That pic of me on Linked In is about 2 years old. I should post it in the Fitness. Forum to prove that I still have hair and it hasn't fell out from all the "ahem.....supplements" I supposedly use!

But I never had trouble with women....in fact most of my action was from them approaching me first.

Maybe it's the vibe I give off!

Now I just need to get Linked with @Now_Rudi
      08-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #4459
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I never have thought about rating myself....but I'm older and and have never had social media. That pic of me on Linked In is about 2 years old. I should post it in the Fitness. Forum to prove that I still have hair and it hasn't fell out from all the "ahem.....supplements" I supposedly use!

But I never had trouble with women....in fact most of my action was from them approaching me first.

it's official, i'm ugly

the kind of girl that generally approaches me... let alone not telling your boys. you wouldn't go in sober.

and yes - Now_Rudi got a linkedin?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #4460
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's official, i'm ugly

the kind of girl that generally approaches me... let alone not telling your boys. you wouldn't go in sober.

and yes - Now_Rudi got a linkedin?
I wouldn't say that. All women need or want something. Looking at your picture, I see somone that strikes me as being conscientious of others, and would be cool to hang out with.....plus plenty to offer that would cover all bases. I could see all sorts approaching you. But you're still young and have this innocent look to you....but a successful look, and I could see some women looking to take advantage of that. Now that can be a good thing or a bad thing as you know. The good intentioned ones you let them play you like the last one, the bad intentioned ones.....well you play them until they figure it out.

That's as far as I'm going so I'm not called out as being in the closet!

I've had women contact me on Linked In like it was a dating app.....in fact I had one that I went out with 10+ years ago looking for me. Somehow she got my brothers contact info since he's on Facebook, and bugged him for weeks to get in touch with me.

I told him not to give out any of my info. This has happened a few times before.

Since I don't sleep much and we are at the beach, I've been out there by 5:30am each morning just walking and relaxing. My wife doesn't show up until 9:30 or so. I have to be careful....I had 2 girls this morning running on the beach at different times stop and try to start a conversation with me. With me their lead in is always about exercise and advice. I will usually answer questions, but I'm short and blunt to make sure they know that they're interrupting even if it is legitimate and that's all they are interested in.

If my wife seen that even if it's innocent....I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Well I'm out. .....getting ready to come off the beach and back to the house. Wife wants me to take her to Halls Chophouse in Charleston. If you guys haven't been there and in the area, I wholeheartedly recommend it at least once although it can be pricey. Two people typically run you $200 if you have a couple of drinks. I don't drink, but my wife is a wine snob!
      08-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #4461
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wouldn't say that. All women need or want something. Looking at your picture, I see someone that strikes me as being conscientious of others, and would be cool to hang out with.....plus plenty to offer that would cover all bases. I could see all sorts approaching you. But you're still young and have this innocent look to you....but a successful look, and I could see some women looking to take advantage of that. Now that can be a good thing or a bad thing as you know. The good intentioned ones you let them play you like the last one, the bad intentioned ones.....well you play them until they figure it out.

That's as far as I'm going so I'm not called out as being in the closet!

I've had women contact me on Linked In like it was a dating app.....in fact I had one that I went out with 10+ years ago looking for me. Somehow she got my brothers contact info since he's on Facebook, and bugged him for weeks to get in touch with me.

I told him not to give out any of my info. This has happened a few times before.

Since I don't sleep much and we are at the beach, I've been out there by 5:30am each morning just walking and relaxing. My wife doesn't show up until 9:30 or so. I have to be careful....I had 2 girls this morning running on the beach at different times stop and try to start a conversation with me. With me their lead in is always about exercise and advice. I will usually answer questions, but I'm short and blunt to make sure they know that they're interrupting even if it is legitimate and that's all they are interested in.

If my wife seen that even if it's innocent....I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Well I'm out. .....getting ready to come off the beach and back to the house. Wife wants me to take her to Halls Chophouse in Charleston. If you guys haven't been there and in the area, I wholeheartedly recommend it at least once although it can be pricey. Two people typically run you $200 if you have a couple of drinks. I don't drink, but my wife is a wine snob!
hey man, it's not gay unless the balls touch. i can read compliments all day hahaha
honestly there's been only 1 girl who tried to take advantage of me in that way, she's the girl that ended up texting me tips and tricks on BDSM.

now that'd be fun and games if she didn't slap me across the face and ask me if that turned me on
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      08-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #4462
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Dude, this is the issue with these apps. They may get you laid, but you are not going to find any person worth your time on any of them. I think I touched on this earlier in this thread but the people that use these apps are so inundated with the same shit over and over again, it's like being at an amusement park, getting on the same ride over and over again; they just keep going through the same motions. Some may think they are going to find something different, some may just be going through the same motions over and over because it's what they do. Regardless of their intent, motives or what have you, you have to remember that they are being bombarded with dick constantly. Some of those dicks are attached to very handsome guys. Those are the one's they want, then get to know, then realize that there is nothing there aside from looks. Then they post on facebook about why aren't there any good guys left and all men are assholes, babies, etc. These apps do nothing more than destroy self esteem for the good men. Delete the apps and take solace in the fact that you are better than these fake fucks, who are stuck in a cycle, that are only diminishing themselves and their character. Dude, there is nothing wrong with you, you aren't a bad looking guy, it's the mindset of the people using those apps.

Quote:

This, in less words than I posted above. You have me curious, I'd like to hear how this date went south, so badly, that you deleted the app in front of her.

Quote:

I've come to realize that physical appearance with women isn't the only thing they notice quickly. Presence, dress and attitude attract women just as much as looks. I wouldn't say that I'm all that attractive. What I do make an effort in is how I dress, being clean cut and confident in who I am. I've found that this does two things: it intimidates the shit out of people and it attracts women who aren't easily intimidated. The women who are easily intimidated will never approach and have a secret crush all while wishing you would make a first move - for either two reasons, they want to make you their boyfriend or they just want you to use them like a nasty sex slave. The women who aren't easily intimidated will make the first move....my lesson in life is to avoid these women....unless you're just looking for sex, but never fall for these type of women; they will only break your heart.

I'll pm you and pickle with the linkedin info.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      08-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #4463
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #4464
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #4465
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, this is the issue with these apps. They may get you laid, but you are not going to find any person worth your time on any of them. I think I touched on this earlier in this thread but the people that use these apps are so inundated with the same shit over and over again, it's like being at an amusement park, getting on the same ride over and over again; they just keep going through the same motions. Some may think they are going to find something different, some may just be going through the same motions over and over because it's what they do. Regardless of their intent, motives or what have you, you have to remember that they are being bombarded with dick constantly. Some of those dicks are attached to very handsome guys. Those are the one's they want, then get to know, then realize that there is nothing there aside from looks. Then they post on facebook about why aren't there any good guys left and all men are assholes, babies, etc. These apps do nothing more than destroy self esteem for the good men. Delete the apps and take solace in the fact that you are better than these fake fucks, who are stuck in a cycle, that are only diminishing themselves and their character. Dude, there is nothing wrong with you, you aren't a bad looking guy, it's the mindset of the people using those apps.

This, in less words than I posted above. You have me curious, I'd like to hear how this date went south, so badly, that you deleted the app in front of her.

I've come to realize that physical appearance with women isn't the only thing they notice quickly. Presence, dress and attitude attract women just as much as looks. I wouldn't say that I'm all that attractive. What I do make an effort in is how I dress, being clean cut and confident in who I am. I've found that this does two things: it intimidates the shit out of people and it attracts women who aren't easily intimidated. The women who are easily intimidated will never approach and have a secret crush all while wishing you would make a first move - for either two reasons, they want to make you their boyfriend or they just want you to use them like a nasty sex slave. The women who aren't easily intimidated will make the first move....my lesson in life is to avoid these women....unless you're just looking for sex, but never fall for these type of women; they will only break your heart.

I'll pm you and pickle with the linkedin info.
We are officially Linked In "pen pals"! It's the only place I have a face pic posted on the Internet anywhere.
      08-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #4466
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
We are officially Linked In "pen pals"! It's the only place I have a face pic posted on the Internet anywhere.
With a melon like that....probably not a bad call.

You know I'm joking....
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00