Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Picked up new Blue Ridge Mountain Metallic 330i xDrive

06-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #45
PassportBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod25 View Post
Picked up my new G20 yesterday. 330i xDrive in Blue Ridge Mountain Metallic/Cognac interior. As tempted as I was to get a M340i, my daily commute is a lot of stop & go with little opportunity to use the 340's power, so the 330 just seemed the smarter choice for me.

Bonus pictures next to my wife's Snapper Rocks Blue F36. Apologies for the poor garage lighting, I'll try to get both cars outside later.

Some initial impressions

Looks and feel:
-I think the G20 looks a LOT better in person than in the pictures we’ve all seen
-Build quality of the G20 is noticeably better than the F30 generation. Everything seems solid, from the dash parts to a solid door shutting sound.
-Interior design feels more upscale than previous generations. BMW’s designers must have been eyeing the C-Class and A4 when designing this interior
-The standard Sport steering wheel (not to be confused with the M-Sport wheel) finally has a nice and soft leather wrapping and feels good to grip, vs the plasticky-feeling grip of BMWs past
-However, Vernasca leather doesn’t seem much improved over Dakota. But I did sit in a Sensatec-equipped car at the dealer…wow, the G20’s Sensatec is seriously good and I actually might have picked that over leather if had the choice

Driving impressions:
-I also chose not to get M-Sport this time as I felt I could use a softer ride on the broken roads I drive daily. The car indeed feels softer and slightly bouncier than my old F30 M-Sport and even my wife’s F36 with xDrive. Yet it absorbs bumps nicely. Handling seems sharp enough in curves, and even feels better possibly due to the chassis rigidity
-Steering feels improved over the F30 generation. There is more sensitivity and precision in the wheel, and less of a “dead zone” at the center position. However, the feeling of the steering still pales in comparison to the E90.
-Power in the 330 indeed seems slightly greater than our F36 430.

Issues:
I've already have had some issues in the first 24 hours, all of which have to do with Connected Drive
-Not all features of Connected Drive were on initially. I had to go into the settings to turn on the Remote 3D View and “Hello BMW” functions. Both are now working. But the app itself last updated the car’s current status and location a few days ago.
-Profiles is something that my wife and I both use for when we switch cars. Apparently, profiles are now linked to the Connected Drive account...we're still trying to get that setup
-Apple CarPlay: My iPhone’s connection kept dropping repeatedly during the drive home and would require me to turn off/on the Bluetooth radio in order to re-connect. Eventually, I deleted the iPhone from the BMW and re-paired, and it has been flawless since *fingers crossed*
Congratulations on that awesome 330i! Blue Ridge Mtn. is such a unique color. A solid evolution of BMW's typical "silver-blue" color. We hope that you enjoy it. Please let us know if you need anything!

Side-bar: BMW has made a solid "standard" wheel for the new G20. Absolutely love it.

Second side-bar: We're more than happy to remove branded stickers and or plate-frames for any one who asks!
Appreciate 1
dpod25102.00
      06-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #46
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Congratulations - beautiful car!

My two main gripes with the G20 is the stock front (possible to change as the M front is good looking) but the worst part is BMW once again is greedy and deliberately made the non-top-of-the-line-headlights have crappy corona rings. The ones for laser look amazing, but 99% of the cars here in Denmark will look shit with the two dull per light
      06-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #47
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Nice car, and color. Congrats and enjoy!
Appreciate 1
dpod25102.00
      06-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #48
TJS///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 in Imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassportBMW View Post
Second side-bar: We're more than happy to remove branded stickers and or plate-frames for any one who asks!
You Lie!

I bought my 435 there, and the sales team flat out refused to take the sticker off. I asked multiple times, and even asked the sales manager to remove the sticker or take something off on the price of the car. What I got instead, was an i8 computer mouse, and a bag but the sticker remained on my car until I got home and removed it myself.
2005 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Interlagos/Cinnamon - Sold
1990 E30 M3 Brilliant Red with Natural - Sold What was I thinking?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #49
Moveitsmikey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-SPORT

Looks really good. Was expecting a way different tone with that blue but looks good. How about some interior photos to show off that cognac?
Appreciate 1
dpod25102.00
      06-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #50
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Congratulations on that awesome 330i! Blue Ridge Mtn. is such a unique color. A solid evolution of BMW's typical "silver-blue" color. We hope that you enjoy it. Please let us know if you need anything!

Side-bar: BMW has made a solid "standard" wheel for the new G20. Absolutely love it.

Are you a sponsor here? Do you speak for the entire dealership? What's your name? Thanks! I'm Glen
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #51
PassportBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3 View Post
You Lie!

I bought my 435 there, and the sales team flat out refused to take the sticker off. I asked multiple times, and even asked the sales manager to remove the sticker or take something off on the price of the car. What I got instead, was an i8 computer mouse, and a bag but the sticker remained on my car until I got home and removed it myself.
I don't really appreciate being called a liar, but if one of our staff did refuse to remove the sticker I would first apologize as that is not how we do business. Our job is to ensure that you leave excited about your new BMW and happy with its condition. Secondly, if you would like to message me directly, I would be more than happy to discuss is with you further.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #52
PassportBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsglen View Post
Are you a sponsor here? Do you speak for the entire dealership? What's your name? Thanks! I'm Glen
Not a sponsor for Bimmerpost, but I do speak for Passport BMW. My name is Dave, I used to work as a BMW Genius at Passport for about 3 years before I switched to the Auto Group's marketing team . Pleased to meet you Glen.

(@day_laborer can vouch for me. I taught him everything he knows about his M4 GTS)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #53
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Thanks everyone for all the kudos!

I added more pictures to the initial post, including pics of the cognac interior by popular demand!

Quote:
Not a sponsor for Bimmerpost, but I do speak for Passport BMW. My name is Dave, I used to work as a BMW Genius at Passport for about 3 years before I switched to the Auto Group's marketing team . Pleased to meet you Glen.

(@day_laborer can vouch for me. I taught him everything he knows about his M4 GTS)
Thanks for the kind words, Dave. I'm definitely happy with my experiences with Passport...tell Max I say hi
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #54
///M4TT
18’ F82 ZCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F82 ZCP in MGM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsglen View Post

As a former genius you should be smart enough listen to your stakeholders. As a marketing and/or advertising strategy, it's absurd that your dealership would slap that cheesy ass sticker on the back of a luxury sports sedan in the first place! Classless and most assuredly ego driven. Tell your GM to double down on customer service and you'll earn our loyalty. Customers like those found here don't make decisions to spend BMW money because they've seen your owner's sticker at a red light. It's all about reputation. Ask BMW Bellevue. In my region, they lose customers to BMW Seattle 10:1. There is no way I would have closed that deal with that sticker or frame on the car. And if Passport refused to remove it as TJS///M3 stated... DTM.
      06-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #55
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
They should pay OP for advertising.

I'd never accept a car with that on the rear.
Imagine if Best Buy stuck their logo on every TV they sold.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #56
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
They should pay OP for advertising.

I'd never accept a car with that on the rear.
Imagine if Best Buy stuck their logo on every TV they sold.
Well, if on the rear, not sure anyone would care.

On the front.....nope.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #57
TJS///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 in Imola

Quote:
I don't really appreciate being called a liar, but if one of our staff did refuse to remove the sticker I would first apologize as that is not how we do business. Our job is to ensure that you leave excited about your new BMW and happy with its condition. Secondly, if you would like to message me directly, I would be more than happy to discuss is with you further.
Well, I'll apologize as well, as it was not your fault. This was several years ago now and maybe things have changed. But I'll also be honest and say that I would seriously consider whether or not I would purchase there again, since, like I said, it was refusal to remove a sticker after asking several times (first time the salesguy acted like I was joking; second time they said no, it's company policy; third time I asked the sales manager and he said the owner requires it to stay on there until the car leaves the dealership). I really think dealerships live and die on reputations, and for as many BMWs as I have purchased, I don't think I should be treated like that. I asked nicely each time, and never got upset. So fine.. for the drive home, you guys got free advertising.. but I doubt I'm going back there.
2005 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Interlagos/Cinnamon - Sold
1990 E30 M3 Brilliant Red with Natural - Sold What was I thinking?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 06:43 AM   #58
driesman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive

Thanks for posting pictures of the interior! Car looks great in the sunshine. I can see why you chose the cognac interior. Though I will probably go with the mocha. I like the dash and glove box in black. Probably going to order mine in the next couple of weeks. How long did it take from order to pick-up? Thanks again.
Appreciate 2
dpod25102.00
BimmerFix1358.00
      06-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #59
F80DK
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp. Maledives Blue

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
Sorry BMW screwed up your Atlantis Blue individual order.

[IMG]https://foolishwatcher-files-wordpre...wart.gif?w=685[/IMG]
Wrong, it was supposed to be Maldives Blue But beside from that, this cool color is very refreshing!
Appreciate 1
///M4TT150.00
      06-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #60
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by driesman View Post
Thanks for posting pictures of the interior! Car looks great in the sunshine. I can see why you chose the cognac interior. Though I will probably go with the mocha. I like the dash and glove box in black. Probably going to order mine in the next couple of weeks. How long did it take from order to pick-up? Thanks again.
I couldn't really speak to the order timeline, as my car was initially ordered by another dealer and already on a ship when my CA re-routed it to me (It was exactly what I wanted in terms of colors and features). I actually didn't want the black dash or glove box this time. My previous F30 had the red interior with the black dash/glove box and while I enjoyed that, I wanted something different this time around. I feel the Cognac dash does give a more sense of openness with the car compared to black.

But I can see Mocha being an excellent choice as well. Hope you get the combo you desire!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 12:40 PM   #61
havenyoung
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
This color is now my favorite. It looks surprisingly good, especially under the sun.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #62
3ismagic#
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 330Xi M-Sport

So Passport actually sells cars? I tired to offer them my business a half dozen times over the course of two weeks and I couldn't even get them to return my calls or emails.

And that Snapper Rocks Blue is a real looker.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #63
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Congratulations. Best of the new cars I've seen. That colour is immense!!
      07-31-2019, 02:57 PM   #64
PassportBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
So Passport actually sells cars? I tired to offer them my business a half dozen times over the course of two weeks and I couldn't even get them to return my calls or emails.

And that Snapper Rocks Blue is a real looker.
Most days, except on the 3rd Tuesday of every month and the 4th Monday of every other month and the 1st Wednesday of every week. Must've got us one one of those days......

All jokes aside, I apologize that you weren't reached out to. We know that can easily ruin your perception of how we do business and that's not how we want it to be. So if you're still looking for a BMW and haven't gone elsewhere, message me and I'll be more than happy to route you to one of my favorite Client Advisors here, Max Manes. He's owned more BMWs than I can count and knows more than most about em. If you've already moved on and purchased elsewhere, I'm sorry to hear that but would like to say congrats and I hope you enjoy your new BMW!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #65
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

Picked up my Blue Ridge Mountain at the weekend , hoping the sun stays out as the light makes the colour explode. Not many in the UK, in fact this one might be the first.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0