Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Latest software version

11-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #67
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
So, in order to get a software update, we’re supposed to go out, buy a battery charger, then hope it works.
Never ceased to be amazed by BMW tech.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #68
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietlife View Post
So, in order to get a software update, we're supposed to go out, buy a battery charger, then hope it works.
No, just go out for a decent drive, 30+ miles, that's all I did and it worked straight off.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:52 AM   #69
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

The girlfriend took my car out, I got the update notification on my phone, she got the message in the car (which she only mentioned this crucial news a day later!).

I just sat in the car on the drive and it updated, didn’t have to drive anywhere and electric charge was at zero too. It hung on 2% for an age, jumped to something like 32%, then 64% then hung around 90% for ages and crept up to 100% in dribs and drabs. What I noticed was if I left the connected app on my phone, as in exited it, there was a message on screen in the car saying to stay in the connected app as the transfer works faster!? Seems a little odd but I certainly didn’t have to drive round for it to transfer from phone to car once it’d downloaded...

On another note - has everyone’s Alexa connected skill stopped working last few weeks? Mine has, it’ll open the skill and say welcome to bmw connected and then nothing. Usually removing the skill, re linking accounts sorts it but not this time. Am on all latest software versions of apps/skill, iOS etc...
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2020, 04:54 AM   #70
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

So why are some 330e drivers in the UK receiving the latest OTA update and others aren’t?

I’m still on 11/2019.70
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 05:05 AM   #71
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
The girlfriend took my car out, I got the update notification on my phone, she got the message in the car (which she only mentioned this crucial news a day later!).

I just sat in the car on the drive and it updated, didn’t have to drive anywhere and electric charge was at zero too. It hung on 2% for an age, jumped to something like 32%, then 64% then hung around 90% for ages and crept up to 100% in dribs and drabs. What I noticed was if I left the connected app on my phone, as in exited it, there was a message on screen in the car saying to stay in the connected app as the transfer works faster!? Seems a little odd but I certainly didn’t have to drive round for it to transfer from phone to car once it’d downloaded...
Not everyone does, it's for those who are struggling to install due to the battery not being topped up, ie like myself who has only been doing short commutes and mainly with lights, wipers, heaters on etc.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 06:02 AM   #72
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
No, just go out for a decent drive, 30+ miles, that's all I did and it worked straight off.
Doesn't make a difference. Just done 40 odd miles and still got the same message. I don't expect any difference when it comes to BMW Software. The updates have never worked properly and I doubt they ever will.
It just sits there telling me preparations are completed and it'll tell me when it's ready.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #73
rodc271
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 330i M Sport Pro

No issues at all in installing latest version on my Sep 2020 330i.

Was on 07.2020.28 updated to 07.2020.54 after only around a 10 miles drive. Installed as soon as I stopped and took around 20 minutes.
      11-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #74
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post

Was on 07.2020.28 updated to 07.2020.54 after only around a 10 miles drive. Installed as soon as I stopped and took around 20 minutes.
Mine downloaded to my iPhone quickly and transferred to the car over the last 24 hours but then I’ve not been using the car over the last 3 days. Drove around 13 miles and when I parked it did the update so for me fairly smooth and only slowed down because with lockdown I’m not driving much.

Not sure exactly what new features if any are in this update.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #75
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post

Mine downloaded to my iPhone quickly and transferred to the car over the last 24 hours but then I've not been using the car over the last 3 days. Drove around 13 miles and when I parked it did the update so for me fairly smooth and only slowed down because with lockdown I'm not driving much.

Not sure exactly what new features if any are in this update.
Do you get notified from the app or only when you open it on your phone? Was it on the new My BMW app?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #76
Kent Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 Bmw 320i Msport

My software is still on 07 2019. My app states no update available and I dont know how to get update
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #77
rodc271
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 330i M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Do you get notified from the app or only when you open it on your phone? Was it on the new My BMW app?
Definitely notified via original BMW Connected app and I think in the car itself.
      11-09-2020, 03:45 AM   #78
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Not everyone does, it's for those who are struggling to install due to the battery not being topped up, ie like myself who has only been doing short commutes and mainly with lights, wipers, heaters on etc.
But as I said, my elec charge was on zero when the update went through to the car and installed, so needing any elec charge would seem to be a myth, unless I’m misunderstanding?...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 03:47 AM   #79
Skeewiff03
Private First Class
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietlife View Post
So, in order to get a software update, we’re supposed to go out, buy a battery charger, then hope it works.
That is what I had to do; waiting for charger delivery now.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 03:53 AM   #80
aamir_m340i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Hi all,

Currently got a Sep 19 m340i so one of the first batches here in the UK. My connected app and OTA software update in the car won't find any newer versions. See attached image.
Any suggestions on how I can force the update through?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 05:33 AM   #81
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
But as I said, my elec charge was on zero when the update went through to the car and installed, so needing any elec charge would seem to be a myth, unless I’m misunderstanding?...
You're talking about the electric charge in the hybrid system that your car can run on, as yours is a 330e, I'm talking about the charge in the actual battery on all cars, as mine is a 330i, not the 330e.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 05:38 AM   #82
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

I have a July 19 330i and have seen no sign of an update anywhere, done a manual check from in the car too and it still returns the no updates message.

Now I have had map updates so know the car physically connects and downloads. For some reason there is no update being made available as far as I can see.

Like many here I am living with continual glitches which occur from time to time so last week I contacted customer services with the following: -

My 330i M Sport Vin **** is showing no signs yet of any remote upgrade. I have not received any updates other than maps since my purchase in July 2019. I am aware the latest software is at least 07/2020.54 or later and have been living with the onboard system niggles requiring full shut down of the car etc. Please follow the BMW forums if you do not know of all of these!! I find the system glitches ruin a very good car and wish to take advantage of any fixes available.

My question is when can I expect my VIN to be added to the OTA roll out as I do not wish to have to make a visit to my dealer who will try to charge me for this service which should be free as it is OTA normally. I am aware of other owners in the UK who have been receiving updates on similar aged vehicles already but even forcing a check for updates in the car returns ‘No Updates Available’ and similarly in the App.

To which I received the following reply

Thanks for your email about your BMW 330i M Sport. I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with the current version of maps – I can understand your frustration.

The current version of maps you have is the most up to date version available for your vehicle. A further update hasn’t yet been released for your model and I’m unable to confirm a release date.

Obviously I have replied.........

I do NOT have any problem with maps

What I DO have a problem is with IDrive 7 Over the Air (OTA) updates.

Etc. etc.

All gone quiet though now
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2020, 05:41 AM   #83
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir_m340i View Post
Hi all,

Currently got a Sep 19 m340i so one of the first batches here in the UK. My connected app and OTA software update in the car won't find any newer versions. See attached image.
Any suggestions on how I can force the update through?
You can't force it to update, unfortunately you have to wait, presumable they are doing it in batches, not sure what criteria they are using, but my car was an early press car (Jan 2019), so maybe they are doing it on build dates, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #84
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
I have a July 19 330i and have seen no sign of an update anywhere, done a manual check from in the car too and it still returns the no updates message.

Now I have had map updates so know the car physically connects and downloads. For some reason there is no update being made available as far as I can see.

Like many here I am living with continual glitches which occur from time to time so last week I contacted customer services with the following: -

My 330i M Sport Vin **** is showing no signs yet of any remote upgrade. I have not received any updates other than maps since my purchase in July 2019. I am aware the latest software is at least 07/2020.54 or later and have been living with the onboard system niggles requiring full shut down of the car etc. Please follow the BMW forums if you do not know of all of these!! I find the system glitches ruin a very good car and wish to take advantage of any fixes available.

My question is when can I expect my VIN to be added to the OTA roll out as I do not wish to have to make a visit to my dealer who will try to charge me for this service which should be free as it is OTA normally. I am aware of other owners in the UK who have been receiving updates on similar aged vehicles already but even forcing a check for updates in the car returns ‘No Updates Available’ and similarly in the App.

To which I received the following reply

Thanks for your email about your BMW 330i M Sport. I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with the current version of maps – I can understand your frustration.

The current version of maps you have is the most up to date version available for your vehicle. A further update hasn’t yet been released for your model and I’m unable to confirm a release date.

Obviously I have replied.........

I do NOT have any problem with maps

What I DO have a problem is with IDrive 7 Over the Air (OTA) updates.

Etc. etc.

All gone quiet though now
It's amazing for a premium brand to be so unaware of what is actually going on regarding their own products and what's even worse is the lack of ability to actual understand what someone is actually saying to them. It's like they just speed read it, take a few key words like map and update and ignored the actual content of the message.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 06:59 AM   #85
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

My car is a July 2020 build and I got a notification on my phone and in the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #86
3george
Private
Rep
Drives: MY2021 F40 128ti

From BMW YouTube channel > " The new software version will be available to customers in Germany from 19 October and can be downloaded to vehicles directly over the air and installed free of charge. Customers will receive a push notification in their vehicle or via BMW App on their smartphone as soon as the upgrade is available. Following launch in the German market, it will be rolled out in stages across Europe, in the US, Canada, China and the remaining international markets. "
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 07:46 AM   #87
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

I was stuck with 07/2019.30 for over a year without any sign of OTA update. I booked the car in and reported few issues, software related. Some real ones and some made up ones, just to force the dealer to update the iDrive. I left the car for a day and got it back with 07/2020.48.

Now I have the OTA notification for 07/2020.58 but it's not installing it. I just did 50 miles trip with no radio/ventilation and so on just to charge the battery but still nothing. I'm ordering a charger now.

Any recommendations regarding the charger?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:35 AM   #88
3george
Private
Rep
Drives: MY2021 F40 128ti

This is the one I use - supports AGM batteries.

I left it connected for a couple of hours - then as soon as I disconnected and closed the bonnet - I was prompted to install the upgrade having previously sat in the previous state for a week or so.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7094...charger:1:62:1
Appreciate 1
hamera441.50