Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Washer Fluid Reservoir Will Not Fill?

12-01-2023, 01:43 PM   #1
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Washer Fluid Reservoir Will Not Fill?

OK, this is driving me crazy. On our 2022 M440 G23 I go to fill the washer fluid reservoir since level alarms lo

Start to pour fluid in & after about 2sec it overfills as if the tank is already full, then if I let it set for 15sec the fluid drains down, system will not accept me pouring fluid in at normal rate.

I have to pour in just a trickle, then it overfills, then drains down = repeat this process 100x to fill reservoir

I don't see anything up top blocking the way for the fluid (all though it is stupid design with the line making a 90 deg turn directly under the fill opening) & no, I have never used any type of fluid besides the BMW OEM washer fluid

It's almost as if there is a kink in the line somewhere between the fill point & the tank itself that is restricting the flow.

Car has 7K miles on it & has done this from the get go

Anyone have the same issue & what was the fix?

Don't want to drive 1hr to take to BMW dealer & wait 4hrs for them to diagnose for something this stupid...

Everything else about the car is perfect - just this one stupid simple thing that it has a problem with
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 12-01-2023 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 05:03 PM   #2
Texjec
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235i

Reservoir fills very slowly AND fluid won't spray

I have 2015 m235i. The reservoir fills very slowly, as you described. Also, I can't get any spray out of the nozzles. I don't get any warning light about low fluid level, but I don't know if my car has that feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 01:47 PM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Was going to remove inner fender liner to access tube to check for issues, but winter came round

I DID however solve the issue of the slow fill another way.

After opening filler cap I angled/stuck a long thin screwdriver into the fill hose that comes off the upper fill housing & actually felt some resistance as if there was a flapper door in their similar to gas tank filler tube

While the screwdriver was wedged in there, I poured the WW fluid in unobstructed & at fast pace

Pretty sure there is not supposed to be an obstruction at that hose, but my method to fill is now EZ & I ain't gonna bother tearing off the fender liner to see why - it will just be another BMW Bermuda Triangle mystery
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0