Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Navigation is very weird now

02-03-2024, 10:49 AM   #1
Ace159
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M340i X-Drive

Navigation is very weird now

Sorry if this has been asked, I did some searching and I couldn't find a relevant answer. My 2020 M430 just recently started to have odd navigation issues, I'll try my best to articulate.

1) I used to be able to say "Hey BMW,.bring me.to Joes Pizza in X City, X State" and without a problem it would populate on my nav. Now it brings up a different screen which is 50/50 showing me.all the Joes Pizza in the US and not to mention says "Joes, New York" as if It thinks I'm looking for a city named Joe.

2) Side issue: not sure if related but Spotify has disappeared on my car. If I go into the media setting to select what sources of Audio I want displayed, Spotify is there however the app is not in the apps. Odd

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what this could be or how to fix, that would be appreciated. I tried things like making a new profile, restarting idrive. Deleted and redownloaded Spotify, deleted the connection within the Spotify app etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 05:52 PM   #2
zoso4534
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace159 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, I did some searching and I couldn't find a relevant answer. My 2020 M430 just recently started to have odd navigation issues, I'll try my best to articulate.

1) I used to be able to say "Hey BMW,.bring me.to Joes Pizza in X City, X State" and without a problem it would populate on my nav. Now it brings up a different screen which is 50/50 showing me.all the Joes Pizza in the US and not to mention says "Joes, New York" as if It thinks I'm looking for a city named Joe.

2) Side issue: not sure if related but Spotify has disappeared on my car. If I go into the media setting to select what sources of Audio I want displayed, Spotify is there however the app is not in the apps. Odd

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what this could be or how to fix, that would be appreciated. I tried things like making a new profile, restarting idrive. Deleted and redownloaded Spotify, deleted the connection within the Spotify app etc.
Did you do an RSU recently?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #3
b58monster
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Sounds like your connected drive 4-year trial ran out. That means your voice requests aren’t processed online anymore, so you can’t just say the name of a business and get directions there. Also, Spotify in the car is part of the subscription as well.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2024, 12:54 AM   #4
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Without the connected drive subscription the Navi is trash. Even though they could make it work much like a garmin gps works without internet but they don’t want to. Since they can make more money charging for subscription. But since you likely have CarPlay just use that instead. That used to be part of a paywall but don’t know if it is anymore on the 2020.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 11:59 PM   #5
MyleneJast
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Any update?

Last edited by MyleneJast; 03-20-2024 at 01:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 11:23 PM   #6
RCook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

BMW just doesn't get software or Apps.
Better fix their stubborn old ways. Korean car manufacturers do get it. As do most Japanese companies.
Cutting corners on 2023 cars, screwy updates, subscriptions for everything. You have to wonder who the clowns are in Munich. Coming generation of car buyers are not enamored with German machines. Both my boys have Mazdas.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:48 AM   #7
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace159 View Post

The answer to your question is to use Apple CarPlay (or Android Auto if you roll that way).

It's 2024 and the OEM BMW navigation is awful. You need to prioritize navigation accuracy, app availability, and display superiority over the head up display and/or speedometer screen.
Appreciate 0