Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Nor Cal Service Dealer Options

01-19-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
Ad-drives
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Nor Cal Service Dealer Options

I have heard that Mountain View is not good for car service. Does anyone have any experience at other dealerships and what would you recommend
Appreciate 1
RoGo330i142.50
      01-23-2023, 04:27 PM   #2
TakeshiJin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive Tanzanite II

PARDON MY LANGUAGE. HELL TO THE MOFO NO AVOID MOUNTAIN VIEW BMW SERVICE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Warranty Work and Failures :

Metal Galvanized Steering Wheel Trim Bubbles :
What they did : Replaced it.
What they screwed up : 1. Punctured Leather steering wheel between the 5/6 position. Made the heated steering wheel fail by completely discharging the battery while replacing the stupid metal trim....
How they followed up : recharged the battery, then plasterized the leather around the puncture to make it smooth. However the leather is not original and feels rubbery.

HK Bass Failures SIB :
What they did : Nothing except Diagnosis after I have them the SIB. Diagnose that the Bass Booster is the problem. "Supposedly replace the booster" my Bass was Diagnosed today by another BMW dealership that it is weak and not pushing air.
What they screwed up : Never fixed my Bass issue as it's still bad from another BMW Foreman diagnosis. Messed up both Front passenger seat by improperly bolting it back without placing the correct metal trim piece (now another BMW dealer has to fix that). Messed up and scratched my inner trunk and some bumper paint.

So yes Avoid Mountain View Service : I can show you service receipts if your nearby mountain view lol.

Other Options :

Stevens Creek : Closest but also most busy

Fremont : Supposedly better and stands by what they do more then Mountain View even though they are both owned by auto nation region.

East Bay : Apparently most repped.

Peter Pan : Better than Mountain View.
      01-24-2023, 09:11 AM   #3
Ad-drives
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeshiJin View Post
PARDON MY LANGUAGE. HELL TO THE MOFO NO AVOID MOUNTAIN VIEW BMW SERVICE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Warranty Work and Failures :

Metal Galvanized Steering Wheel Trim Bubbles :
What they did : Replaced it.
What they screwed up : 1. Punctured Leather steering wheel between the 5/6 position. Made the heated steering wheel fail by completely discharging the battery while replacing the stupid metal trim....
How they followed up : recharged the battery, then plasterized the leather around the puncture to make it smooth. However the leather is not original and feels rubbery.

HK Bass Failures SIB :
What they did : Nothing except Diagnosis after I have them the SIB. Diagnose that the Bass Booster is the problem. "Supposedly replace the booster" my Bass was Diagnosed today by another BMW dealership that it is weak and not pushing air.
What they screwed up : Never fixed my Bass issue as it's still bad from another BMW Foreman diagnosis. Messed up both Front passenger seat by improperly bolting it back without placing the correct metal trim piece (now another BMW dealer has to fix that). Messed up and scratched my inner trunk and some bumper paint.

So yes Avoid Mountain View Service : I can show you service receipts if your nearby mountain view lol.

Other Options :

Stevens Creek : Closest but also most busy

Fremont : Supposedly better and stands by what they do more then Mountain View even though they are both owned by auto nation region.

East Bay : Apparently most repped.

Peter Pan : Better than Mountain View.
Thanks!
So Stevens Creek or East Bay it is then (if they have loaners!)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 09:21 PM   #4
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad-drives View Post
Thanks!
So Stevens Creek or East Bay it is then (if they have loaners!)
I ditched stevens creek and mountain view when I was ordering my M340i, they were unprofessional. I went to east bay bmw.
Appreciate 1
RoGo330i142.50
      05-13-2023, 04:36 PM   #5
dwolf138
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i coupe

Garage List
2011 328i coupe   [10.00]
Edge moterworks in san ramon 👍🏻💪🏻
Appreciate 0