Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Make audison apf 8.9 sounds good

10-31-2023, 10:27 PM   #1
G20Tony
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Xdrive 2020 (G20)

Make audison apf 8.9 sounds good

Good day to all of you !
I've noticed that there is almost 0 tuning shared over here regarding audison product.
I've seen plenty of match but nothing about audison.
Is it because it is harder to perfect ? Or maybe too technical ?
Here's the deal :
After plugging my audison apf 8.9 in my BMW 330i xdrive with ram and setting up the tune with the wizard autotune I noticed that the sound coming out is total crap for an aftermarket amp.
Currently using stock speakers as lots of People are saying that's nice "enough".
Sound totally lack bass and has so much treble and clarity it's exagerated. It's "metal...ish" and I have to put the volume to about 75% minimum to have something worth of.
Having that in mind I wonder if it's the tune that is not properly done using the autowizard.
I see that some People are using the bit tune with microphone to have it tuned to perfection. I have a 2h drive to do in order to get that done in my region as nobody has the skill or equipment to do it next to me.
I've setup the speakers to 2 front mid and tweet linked together 2 rears, 2 subs (it does not let me clarify where they are in the "ez setup")
Can someone share a common knowledge on how to make it sound better without having to do the car ride ?
Asd is coded to quieter
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 04:50 PM   #2
tom1008
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2021

Hi,

I have same question. I just ordered the AP f8.9 amp from Audison. Did you get your amp tuned ? Is it sound any better ?
Appreciate 0