Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Anybody near Chicago with Active Autowerke axleback exhaust?

08-30-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
Sam Tango
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i (2023)

Anybody near Chicago with Active Autowerke axleback exhaust?

I am considering installing this to my new m340i, but would feel a lot better if I hear it first.

Anybody with this exhaust near Chicago, willing to show it to a fellow BMW brother?

Also, do you know good exhaust shops nearby who has experience with BMW exhaust modifications? I know this is a simple install, but just to have peace of mind...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 09:40 PM   #2
NiccoSab
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Tango View Post
I am considering installing this to my new m340i, but would feel a lot better if I hear it first.

Anybody with this exhaust near Chicago, willing to show it to a fellow BMW brother?

Also, do you know good exhaust shops nearby who has experience with BMW exhaust modifications? I know this is a simple install, but just to have peace of mind...
Unfortunately, I’m not in the area, but I can assure you that it sounds great. If you don’t care about the flap I would go with AWE however. With the AA exhaust there is some drone between 1700-2000rmp, but that is with almost all aftermarket exhaust. I actually spoke to them on the phone a few weeks ago, and they said they are recreating the m340 can to make the sound better but they have to test it first. Mine is paired with their catted downpipe and with the exhaust flap open it is louder than I expected. I agree that video’s don’t do the justice and I wanted to hear it first but I found a few clips on youtube and pulled the trigger. Do not regret it at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 11:36 PM   #3
Sam Tango
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccoSab View Post
Unfortunately, I’m not in the area, but I can assure you that it sounds great. If you don’t care about the flap I would go with AWE however. With the AA exhaust there is some drone between 1700-2000rmp, but that is with almost all aftermarket exhaust. I actually spoke to them on the phone a few weeks ago, and they said they are recreating the m340 can to make the sound better but they have to test it first. Mine is paired with their catted downpipe and with the exhaust flap open it is louder than I expected. I agree that video’s don’t do the justice and I wanted to hear it first but I found a few clips on youtube and pulled the trigger. Do not regret it at all.
how is the sound with the flaps closed? I kind of want it to be as quiet as possible in comfort, and as loud as possible in sport+
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 11:37 PM   #4
Sam Tango
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccoSab View Post
by the way, I go to Ohio (Cleveland area) every now and then
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 05:54 AM   #5
NiccoSab
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Tango View Post
how is the sound with the flaps closed? I kind of want it to be as quiet as possible in comfort, and as loud as possible in sport+
It sounds almost sick with the flap closed. If you step on it in comfort the flap opens but that’s what sport+ is for. If you want a different tone and a little quieter then MPE is the way to go. I didn’t go that route considering I already had the AA downpipe and I hate the fake tips.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 12:10 PM   #6
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

I'm in Chicagoland and have the AA catted DP and their exhaust. Yes, it drones between 1,600 and 2,000, which is a bit annoying while cruising. I got it a year ago, and there were really no videos at the time. That said, it sounds great at WOT and it's not too loud from the outside while driving through the neighborhood, so overall it's good, but I wish it didn't have such a loud drone. I had EP3 Motorsports in St. Charles install it since I didn't have my Quickjack at the time.
Appreciate 0