Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

09-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #133
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Had something similar from my Lease company, following sending a survey asking whether I was happy with the “Customer experience” of my recent vehicle delivery!

They clearly haven’t got a clue and then claimed “BMW have placed a hold on all BMW deliveries across all dealers and they have not been advised the cause of this“

I will try the dealer again this afternoon and see if I can get any sense out of them.

I’m not hopeful!
Slight update, or new form of fobbing off, which ever way you view it!

Just called dealers and been told still no news.
However their technicians are currently working through the list of cars they have, to determine which ones need to go back to BMW and which ones can be repaired/released at the dealership.
No commitments on timescales, when I pushed for answers tomorrow was told maybe, or maybe the following day.

My car was fitted with a form of tracking device in the week it arrived at the dealership.
I have access to this and can see that the odometer hasn’t moved from it’s original reading of 9.6 miles Several weeks ago!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #134
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Slight update, or new form of fobbing off, which ever way you view it!

Just called dealers and been told still no news.
However their technicians are currently working through the list of cars they have, to determine which ones need to go back to BMW and which ones can be repaired/released at the dealership.
No commitments on timescales, when I pushed for answers tomorrow was told maybe, or maybe the following day.

My car was fitted with a form of tracking device in the week it arrived at the dealership.
I have access to this and can see that the odometer hasn’t moved from it’s original reading of 9.6 miles Several weeks ago!
AD2020 how do you see this information? It it on the bmw app!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #135
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgr1249 View Post
AD2020 how do you see this information? It it on the bmw app!
The tracker is something fitted by the lease company, all of our company cars get fitted with it. Basically produces a time stamp with mileage and postcode every time the car starts/ stops and ignition is turned on/ off.
It’s not a BMW thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 04:22 AM   #136
jonnyblaze82
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport Plus

After speaking to the dealership yesterday they are still saying they have no timescale on when my car will be released, however they have offered me a courtesy car until the new car arrives.

Waiting a call this morning to arrange delivery of that. A better response than i expected.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #137
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Dont know how accurate, but i did "live chat" on BMW site this morning and im being quoted 18 to 22 weeks leadtime on "new" orders
Would put me at Xmas / Jan if accurate?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 07:43 AM   #138
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

....even more frustrated now as brake pad warning light has just come on and will now have to book current car in for a repair. New car has been sitting at the dealership for over a month now. Crazy
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #139
thdevita
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330E

Hello Everyone. 1st post here but I am in the same situation here in France.
Ordered in February, planned for mid June, then COVID-19 so pushed back to mid-August.
After a first date of delivery, the dealership called us about the recall issue. they had to move the car to another center (but still near Paris) for test.
The car was tested this week and we got a call yesterday, the car is ok and ready for delivery.
it is planned for Monday morning (14th) so crossing fingers but the testing seems to go quickly now.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 03:22 AM   #140
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Checked mine on the BMW Recall info site this morning and mine has gone from two recall notices to one. The 'open safety related recall' notice has gone and now only showing an 'open technical enhancement'. Hoping this is going to move quickly now as it's been weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 04:22 AM   #141
thdevita
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330E

Just checked mine on BMW Recall, they all disappeared "No Recall details are associated with the VIN or Registration number entered", so I'm getting a bit more confident that I'll get the car on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #142
Leglesssparrow
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Hadn't heard back from leasing company on delivery of my 330e so managed to track down the dealer. Turns out that although the leasing company were estimating sometime in October. The dealer confirmed yesterday that I wouldn't see the car till at least December ! Seriously unhappy now....
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 05:30 AM   #143
Hazzer20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leglesssparrow View Post
Hadn't heard back from leasing company on delivery of my 330e so managed to track down the dealer. Turns out that although the leasing company were estimating sometime in October. The dealer confirmed yesterday that I wouldn't see the car till at least December ! Seriously unhappy now....
When did you order? Join the club :
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 06:40 AM   #144
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

To be fair, leadtimes have been 6 months since march, and demand is going up, so dont expect the leadtime to improve a while. Same happened when the last model 330e was launched, there came a point where they stopped taking orders.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #145
stewaran25
Rep
Drives: G21 330e M sport + on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Bent View Post
I have just found this assembly line video of the fitting of the high voltage battery into a 330e.
I can’t see any welds on the battery assembly and if it has to be changed it does not look like a simple job to me.
I understand the Welds will be inside that sealed battery unit. So even if it was easy to see the battery, seeing the welds is unlikely to be possible.

replacement will be one hell of a job, I sure wouldn't want my local dealer taking half the car apart before its even driven.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #146
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaran25 View Post
I understand the Welds will be inside that sealed battery unit. So even if it was easy to see the battery, seeing the welds is unlikely to be possible.

replacement will be one hell of a job, I sure wouldn't want my local dealer taking half the car apart before its even driven.
To me the sensible move would be to remove the whole battery units and replace, looks like half a dozen bolts and two connectors.

Replace the units with new “tested” units and send the suspect units back to base for investigation/ testing.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #147
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdevita View Post
Just checked mine on BMW Recall, they all disappeared "No Recall details are associated with the VIN or Registration number entered", so I'm getting a bit more confident that I'll get the car on Monday.
I’d be giving the dealer a call and asking when they’re going to deliver, as presumably it’s now checked and OK.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #148
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I don’t thing they have enough stock of the batteries, that must be one of reasons why the leadtimes are so long.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #149
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
I don’t thing they have enough stock of the batteries, that must be one of reasons why the leadtimes are so long.
Smart move would be to use what stock they have of battery units to clear the forecourts and compounds of cars already sold.
Thereby appeasing new owners and minimising loss of goodwill and damage to repeat sales.

Put the build date of new hybrids back and concentrate on producing models not requiring batteries until you have regained a stable supply of batteries.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #150
jonnyblaze82
Rep

Scrap everything i said about the courtesy car. Two days without a call or response from the dealership.

My car is only showing the open technical enhancement message as opposed to the two previously. Not sure if that is the same for everyone, or if mine has been tested and all is ok?

Hoping its good news and not BMW changing the messages.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #151
Conrod Bent
Rep
Drives: G20 330e Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyblaze82 View Post
Scrap everything i said about the courtesy car. Two days without a call or response from the dealership.

My car is only showing the open technical enhancement message as opposed to the two previously. Not sure if that is the same for everyone, or if mine has been tested and all is ok?

Hoping its good news and not BMW changing the messages.
Mine is still showing both messages so I would guess yours has been tested.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #152
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Smart move would be to use what stock they have of battery units to clear the forecourts and compounds of cars already sold.
Thereby appeasing new owners and minimising loss of goodwill and damage to repeat sales.
I know quite a few people that had their 330e's delivered on time. I reckon out of the 30 or so people that ordered them around 5 had to wait an extra week. It was only the July builds that were affected, most of the people at our company had them on the requested dates.

Quote:
Put the build date of new hybrids back and concentrate on producing models not requiring batteries until you have regained a stable supply of batteries.
Demand for these shot up once the new tax rules were mentioned, no way on earth were BMW going to turn away orders.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #153
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

Just had an update from the dealership. The 'in-house' inspection of my car has now been carried out and unfortunately it has to go back to the BMW distribution centre to have the repair on the 'battery casing' carried out. They have asked for the 'upload' to collect the vehicle but he said it 'could be weeks'.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #154
jonnyblaze82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereleslie View Post
Just had an update from the dealership. The 'in-house' inspection of my car has now been carried out and unfortunately it has to go back to the BMW distribution centre to have the repair on the 'battery casing' carried out. They have asked for the 'upload' to collect the vehicle but he said it 'could be weeks'.
That sucks. I'm praying I don't end up with the same issue.

My dealership has had agreement from BMW that they will provide me with a courtesy car while I wait. It may be worth suggesting it to them when you next speak to them.
Appreciate 0