11-13-2023, 07:20 PM   #23
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
I'm admittedly a bit of a jackass when it comes to driving and I haven't hit 130 yet.
Or may be you're a law-abiding, sensible driver who doesn't put himself and others at risk by driving at absurdly high speeds on public roads, rather than enjoying it in safer track environments. I have a competition licence, but wouldn't be driving at those speeds on highways. When I lived in Europe and had access to roads with no speed limits I still found it was very rare I'd get to those sorts of speeds, as usually there was just too much traffic - you had to slow down to overtake other cars. If you want the sensation of speed, get an open car. I used to have a Lotus 7 and 80 mph in that thing was way more exciting than 160 mph in my supercharged Jaguar!

Last edited by Gaviatrix; 11-13-2023 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 09:20 AM   #24
ncskibum
ncskibum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i xdrive,

m340i top speed limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravitPlay View Post
Surely, if your car’s handbook states it’ll do 155mph, or whatever, that’s what you’re paying for and that’s what you’re owed? I think BMW would be in breach of advertising laws (I’m in the UK) if they refused to unleash the beast

I’m collecting mine later today (it has the M Performance setup) and if there’s any hint of a limit lower than specified it’ll be going back by the weekend.
Did your car have the top speed limiter? I really don't understand how bmw gets away with it. When the car and driver took the m340i to VIR for lightning laps they topped out at 141mph. Do did bmw pull a trick just for that car? Or maybe there is an additional box to check on the build to remove the top speed limiter even with the HP cooling and tire pkg in the build ztk
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 10:45 AM   #25
the_abe
BDE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
Did your car have the top speed limiter? I really don't understand how bmw gets away with it. When the car and driver took the m340i to VIR for lightning laps they topped out at 141mph. Do did bmw pull a trick just for that car? Or maybe there is an additional box to check on the build to remove the top speed limiter even with the HP cooling and tire pkg in the build ztk
You can get the car with the limiter increased (based on tires I believe, as stated by others above). On my AiP sticker it was listed as "840 Increased top speed limiter" which I think means it was bumped up to 155.
Appreciate 0