Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Sometimes I have bad luck lol

08-26-2020, 02:24 AM   #1
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Sometimes I have bad luck lol

So I decided to lower my car and have a shop install it for me. My car has m Adaptive suspension and I guess there's a lot more wires and complicates the installation. Well the shop cut my abs wires and now I lost my electric steering pretty much and the car is going all crazy. The shop owned up to their mistake without me saying anything and bought the part and they're installing it tomorrow. But driving 49 miles like this is not fun.

But this is a small bump in the road, the car is starting to come along nicely, I installed the Cobra suspension springs, I can't judge how they feel because the car is not driving normal, but the drop is nice. Installing wheels within the next few weeks.

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      08-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

They owned up to it and even ordered the replacement part without you having to ask them. That speaks huge volumes about the shop. I would give them my business again if needed. Kudos to whichever shop that is (you might want to mention the name of the shop since it seems like a trustworthy one and if there are others here near your area, they can check them out too?).
And yes. I feel your pain. But hopefully your car will be as good as new by tomorrow
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
They owned up to it and even ordered the replacement part without you having to ask them. That speaks huge volumes about the shop. I would give them my business again if needed. Kudos to whichever shop that is (you might want to mention the name of the shop since it seems like a trustworthy one and if there are others here near your area, they can check them out too?).
And yes. I feel your pain. But hopefully your car will be as good as new by tomorrow
Couldn't agree more. Sucks it happened but they are fixing it without a fight.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Ditto. Integrity is in scarce supply these days, always nice to hear stories like these.