Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Intermittent outside mirror issues

03-23-2024, 05:32 PM   #1
Minkovsky
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Intermittent outside mirror issues

Hi. I noticed for the first time a few days ago that my outside right mirror wouldn't fold or dip when in reverse. Next day the mirror was folding/dipping just fine. Fast forward today, it fails to fold and dip as well.

In bimmerlink the only seemingly related error that I found was about the mirror having 'overtemperature' (804265).

Any ideas what might be happening? Should I get this serviced ASAP? I read somewhere that left unchecked will ultimately die completely and might lead to further failures, e.g. the control panel in the drivers door.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:04 AM   #2
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

If you’re still under warranty take it in as it should be covered. Replacement should have a different part number too. Assuming this hasn’t already been performed on your car previously of course.

You can have a read through here as well:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1663025
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2024, 08:19 PM   #3
Barry A. Waters
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Coupe Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkovsky View Post
Hi. I noticed for the first time a few days ago that my outside right mirror wouldn't fold or dip when in reverse. Next day the mirror was folding/dipping just fine. Fast forward today, it fails to fold and dip as well...
On my 2021 430i the Automatic Curb Monitor feature (Right Side mirror dips in Reverse) is only enabled if the Mirror Selection Switch is set to the Left Side Mirror. If it is set to the Right Side Mirror nothing happens when Reverse is selected. You may want to check this to see if that is the problem. It's easy enough to forget when adjusting mirrors and you can end up leaving it on the Right Ride Mirror position which would disable the feature.

Barry
Appreciate 0