Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Cellular antenna

01-20-2024, 06:43 PM   #1
Tomla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i X & 2011 335i X

Garage List
Cellular antenna

Do all of the G20 shark fin antennas include a cellular antenna? My car didn’t come with the charger/booster option but I wonder if the antennas all have the components? Any idea where the connection would be? Trunk perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 04:28 PM   #2
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomla View Post
Do all of the G20 shark fin antennas include a cellular antenna? My car didn’t come with the charger/booster option but I wonder if the antennas all have the components? Any idea where the connection would be? Trunk perhaps?
Ive been looking at this recently. I coded the phone reminder via Bimmercode after putting in a charging tray but it throws a code in ista related to no LTE signal being sent to the charging tray. Cars that had wireless charging have an LTE booster under the rear seat that sends an LTE signal to the tray. After that a line goes from the booster to the TCB in the headliner. I believe the TCB is mounted directly to the sharkfin. I have not visually confirmed if my TCB has a port for antenna cable.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 12:56 PM   #3
m440i804
Rep
Drives: m440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delighted_Jester View Post
Ive been looking at this recently. I coded the phone reminder via Bimmercode after putting in a charging tray but it throws a code in ista related to no LTE signal being sent to the charging tray. Cars that had wireless charging have an LTE booster under the rear seat that sends an LTE signal to the tray. After that a line goes from the booster to the TCB in the headliner. I believe the TCB is mounted directly to the sharkfin. I have not visually confirmed if my TCB has a port for antenna cable.
Not familiar with itsa, however the absence of the lte booster is not showing code or warning light in dash, is it?

Just want to know before I change the tray.

Do you plan to add lte booster to your car at some point?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 05:25 AM   #4
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m440i804 View Post
Not familiar with itsa, however the absence of the lte booster is not showing code or warning light in dash, is it?

Just want to know before I change the tray.

Do you plan to add lte booster to your car at some point?
Nope, no CEL on the dash, just when you run a vehicle check and display fault memory, youll see a fault for "wireless oddiments tray- no LTE signal to tray" or something.
Yes i plan to add one however i need a booster and bracket and to pull back the headliner enough to see if my TCB has an additional port on it for an antenna cable.
Appreciate 0