Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications 2021 M340i no pops/burbles

02-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #265
SaltyPickle
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by giolanzarin View Post
Could you post a video of how your car sounds?
I haven't shot a video yet. Once I do I will post it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 10:55 PM   #266
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m3 View Post
I think the M440 GC is tuned a little differently bc i noticed that the GC has more pops and bangs and has a up shift pop as well which the m340 doesn't. (stock exhaust vs stock exhaust)

I have the MPE on my m340 and i love pops and bangs everything you could ask for.
I get some pops and gargles from mine during fast accels and manual upshifts but they're minor. I'd like to compare it to a 440 without the mild hybrid, but I don't think there are many around. I drove my friend's factory masserati gibli and while the performance is kinda weak, the bangs from that thing on upshifts were great.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 07:49 PM   #267
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Wow bait and switch by BMW. Why didn't they mention the change to the exhaust on the 2021? Odd thing is the m440i sounds like the 2020 m340i so perhaps BMW wanted the coupe to sound more sporty than the sedan and they neutered the exhaust on the m340i! Mine is still being built but I'm not happy to hear this.
I'm sick of saying it. Disconnect the exhaust valve in the open position. Then download the bimmercode app. Buy an OBD scanner tool. Plug it into the port on the left of your legs. Press the start button 3 times to get diagnostic mode. Bimmercode will speak to the OBE and you'll be able to code many changes in your car including that fake noise coming out of the speakers. She's loud on cold start up and leaves a little rev grunt on warm start up with no droning on the motorway (highway) this is the cheapest option and sounds like a sports sedan should sound. With this mod I love my car even more. It's a must and the noise although not intrusive still turns heads. Get it done NOW. IM NEVER LOOKING BACK
      04-22-2022, 08:08 PM   #268
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Some photos of my 2022 M340i here in Spain. San Marino individual blue metallic paint €6000. Carbon fiber roof €3500. Carbon fiber rear diffuser, performance matt carbon fiber on performance steering wheel, center concil and passenger dash moulding €5950. Full Fiona Red Merino leather seats lower dashboard and glove compartment €4800. Leather dash and side cills.,piano black side skirts £5,250. 225 front 255 rear Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non run flat tyres. They give a way more comfortable ride then those run flats.
With many other options. Final price was wait for it €90,000. But having killed the engine noise coming from the speakers and disconnected the exhaust valve in the open position, I'm over the moon with the looks and sound of my beautiful M340i PS These photos were taken after the car received its 3 ceramic coatings. Getting it ceramic coated if you have a nice paint colour is a must. It really brings the colour out, no more wax polishing. Just steam clean the car and rub it down after with a micro fiber cloth and hey presto
Attached Images

03-25-2023, 10:47 AM   #269
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
That's really sucky news. Call me childish, but I live for the pops/bangs/burbles; lucky to have gotten a 2020 w/ MPE. Engine sounds and exhaust notes are such a massive part of the driving experience for me, which is actually one of the main reasons why I'm not fully on board with electric vehicles at the moment (I get it, who doesn't want 100% tq available at 0 RPM, but still...).
Quick question: What is MPE? And can it. be done after-market on M340i?

I had a F36 GC with MPPSK. Was amazing. Man, I miss that sound. I now have a 2020 M340i. It pups and burbles and makes fart noises. It's pretty good but not even close to MPPSK - especially in motion.

I can sit still and rev it with all the beautiful sound of pops and bangs. But as soon as I get over 40mph, it becomes very hard to make any sound at all.

I assume M P E is M Performance Exhaust? What is the difference between MPE and M340i Stock? How do I know if I already have MPE? And if not, is it like MPPSK where I can order it after market?

When I search ShowBMWUSA, I don't see any options at all for 2020 M340i exhaust and sound upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 01:38 AM   #270
BMWM4_SA
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Quick question: What is MPE? And can it. be done after-market on M340i?

I had a F36 GC with MPPSK. Was amazing. Man, I miss that sound. I now have a 2020 M340i. It pups and burbles and makes fart noises. It's pretty good but not even close to MPPSK - especially in motion.

I can sit still and rev it with all the beautiful sound of pops and bangs. But as soon as I get over 40mph, it becomes very hard to make any sound at all.

I assume M P E is M Performance Exhaust? What is the difference between MPE and M340i Stock? How do I know if I already have MPE? And if not, is it like MPPSK where I can order it after market?

When I search ShowBMWUSA, I don't see any options at all for 2020 M340i exhaust and sound upgrades.
Yes MPE - M Peformance Exhaust from BMW. I have a 2020 with the MPE and like the gent above said, it crackles and bangs hard.... But and this is a big but.... Mine only started popping and banging after my car had a software update due to an idrive issue, So i know for a fact that some versions of BMW software actually can make the pops and bangs go away.
Appreciate 0