Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications MHD for M340i USA

05-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #23
JoCamp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I've been emailing bm3 to see if my dme is locked and I bought the cable and ran the program, took a screen shot and yup, mine is locked. I kinda knew already as I bought the car in December and took it in for Service in March. They can unlock it if I send it in to them but I would need to get my B5 S4 fixed. Power steering leak! And the hose is discontinued! How is that possible!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #24
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCamp View Post
I've been emailing bm3 to see if my dme is locked and I bought the cable and ran the program, took a screen shot and yup, mine is locked. I kinda knew already as I bought the car in December and took it in for Service in March. They can unlock it if I send it in to them but I would need to get my B5 S4 fixed. Power steering leak! And the hose is discontinued! How is that possible!
For clarity's sake (I'm sure you know this but others may not)

ALL DMEs (cars computer) are locked. Earlier versions can be unlocked at home using your tuner of choices software - later versions must be sent to the tuner to be unlocked at their shop.

Once unlocked the DME is able to be loaded with your tuners performance software.

Hope this helps :-)

I'm lucky enough to have Mission Performance about an hour from the house - so I'll be heading there next week to have my car unlocked and flashed
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #25
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

3 months, any changes/updates on MHD and the M340i?

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0