Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications 2020 G20 330e remap warning light

11-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
joonasbenjamin
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW G20 330e

2020 G20 330e remap warning light

I took my 2020 330e to the best remapper in the city, and we got 420hp and 740Nm of torque out of the beast

Well, the night after the remap I went on a night drive, and did a 0-100 with launch control enabled; BING.. "Drivetrain error". Car doesn't go into limp mode but says to get it checked by a dealer and "drive moderately". Now for the past few weeks it has been giving the warning light every time I do a close-to-flooring pull with the car.

I restarted the car and the warning light was GONE. Tried launching again. Same thing. Restart car. Light gone. The error code it gives is P0005; "“Fuel Shutoff Valve A Control Circuit/Open.” This code refers to an issue in the fuel shutoff valve control, usually indicating a potential open circuit within the electric system."

Now I have no idea what to do. Remove tune? Find out the root cause? The best maintenance shop in the city didn't know what to do since it didn't show the same error codes with their error code device. Any tips are more than welcome.... kinda lost here. Thanks guys in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 01:42 PM   #2
4cylenjoyer
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonasbenjamin View Post
I took my 2020 330e to the best remapper in the city, and we got 420hp and 740Nm of torque out of the beast

Well, the night after the remap I went on a night drive, and did a 0-100 with launch control enabled; BING.. "Drivetrain error". Car doesn't go into limp mode but says to get it checked by a dealer and "drive moderately". Now for the past few weeks it has been giving the warning light every time I do a close-to-flooring pull with the car.

I restarted the car and the warning light was GONE. Tried launching again. Same thing. Restart car. Light gone. The error code it gives is P0005; "“Fuel Shutoff Valve A Control Circuit/Open.” This code refers to an issue in the fuel shutoff valve control, usually indicating a potential open circuit within the electric system."

Now I have no idea what to do. Remove tune? Find out the root cause? The best maintenance shop in the city didn't know what to do since it didn't show the same error codes with their error code device. Any tips are more than welcome.... kinda lost here. Thanks guys in advance
Quote:

I restarted the car and the warning light was GONE. Tried launching again. Same thing. Restart car. Light gone. The error code it gives is P0005; ""Fuel Shutoff Valve A Control Circuit/Open." This code refers to an issue in the fuel shutoff valve control, usually indicating a potential open circuit within the electric system."

Sounds like they arent the best remapper/maintenance shop isnt the best after all
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #3
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2021

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:

What engine is in your 330e? If you have the B48B20A engine (instead of the B48B20B) those 300+ hp from the ICE are way too much for it.
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Similar reports on here of aggressive maps if you search the forum. Most enjoy it without launch control and not driving the car to it’s limit, to avoid codes. Some have opted for a moderate map.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 09:42 AM   #5
joonasbenjamin
Rep

Hadn't gotten notifications of any replies - the map was simply too aggressive. 10-20hp and 30-50Nm less and no lights anywhere.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2023, 01:44 PM   #6
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Hadn't gotten notifications of any replies - the map was simply too aggressive. 10-20hp and 30-50Nm less and no lights anywhere.
Still, if you have the A engine most tuners advice to not go over 240-250hp. These 11:1 compression piston heads are weaker than the ones in the B engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 06:27 AM   #7
joonasbenjamin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthol View Post
Still, if you have the A engine most tuners advice to not go over 240-250hp. These 11:1 compression piston heads are weaker than the ones in the B engine.
I have the B engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 06:47 AM   #8
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote: