Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Replica MPerformance front lip installed | Pics | Link | I'm impressed

12-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #23
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Good, I'm glad it helped.

Not sure if you were able to get the car up in that air but for me I know my fit wouldn't have been as good if I didn't have a second set of hands and a lift.

And like you said the price is right, I consider it a throw away part and figure I'll be putting a new one on in 18 months or so after this one is sufficiently scraped up
Yeah I agree, I got it for $174 shipped and no tax so if it lasts 2 years it’s a win. Looks good overall, adds a really nice look to the front.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 10:50 AM   #24
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Updated with link to the most recent ebay seller I purchased a lip from (after about 18 months of scraping it was time for a new one).

The part is exactly the same - my original seller was sold out so I had to go find another source

ps- looks like these guys are getting low too on stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153963866291
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:59 PM   #25
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
  • For the sides that come up on either side of the spoiler just in front of each wheel - I bent the sides in using my hand so they would pinch in and sit flush with the car (not sure this is necessary)

Pics:
  • First pic is from our install and I captioned it for you
What do you mean by bent in by hand on the sides? For me the plastic always takes back its original shape
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 01:53 PM   #26
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
What do you mean by bent in by hand on the sides? For me the plastic always takes back its original shape
I heated up this section and bent it in by hand - not sure it was necessary, but certainly made it hug the bumper a bit more
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 04-22-2022 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
siegester344.50
      05-04-2022, 03:09 AM   #27
Broderon86
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320d xDrive M-Hybrid

Looks awesome! I just ordered the same :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:11 AM   #28
Broderon86
Rep

Looks great, just ordered the same front lip for about 60USD, available at aliexpress and ebay germany
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #29
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderon86 View Post
Looks great, just ordered the same front lip for about 60USD, available at aliexpress and ebay germany
Great! Looking forward to seeing pics

Here's a PSA for all

What you want to watch out for (and avoid) are parts that are made from rigid plastic (sorry don't have the technical term) that when hit will snap and/or crack and break. Try to find parts that are made from Polyurethane (like oem) that are more flexible and will take abuse without breaking.

It's usually just a matter of asking the seller if the material type is not stated. Typically parts that are on the low end of the price scale are plastic and will not last very long in an application like a front lip.

The parts that I have referenced are Poly - let us know how yours works out and if plastic you may want to consider returning

Just my 2-cents in case it helps someone
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 01:55 AM   #30
Broderon86
Rep

Quote:
Great! Looking forward to seeing pics

Here's a PSA for all

What you want to watch out for (and avoid) are parts that are made from rigid plastic (sorry don't have the technical term) that when hit will snap and/or crack and break. Try to find parts that are made from Polyurethane (like oem) that are more flexible and will take abuse without breaking.

It's usually just a matter of asking the seller if the material type is not stated. Typically parts that are on the low end of the price scale are plastic and will not last very long in an application like a front lip.

The parts that I have referenced are Poly - let us know how yours works out and if plastic you may want to consider returning

Just my 2-cents in case it helps someone
Thank you for the info, we will see what i receive, but at the moment I think I dont really care about the material itself as i was driving an F30, lowered to around 7cm (2,7in) with a full carbon front lip for the last 6 years. And I was driving this as a daily driver in the austrian alps where I live, also in winter where i was sometimes plowing snow with half of my front. Only problem I had were 2 stone chips, but yes, the carbon sword/splitter was pretty thick and carbon is known to be very stable, but breaks when to much force is used.

I already received side skirts made from the same material (at least I hope) as the front lip. They are very flexible and seem to be better quality than OEM. Have seen the OEM parts at BMW mounted on a 3 series and I was very disappointed of the quality for such an expensive part compared to the parts which I had mounted on my F30.

Thanks anyway for your advice, may be helpful!

As soon as I have everything installed, I will post pictures :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 02:18 AM   #31
Broderon86
Rep

My ebay/aliexpress replica front lip finally arrived, I am very happy with the fitment and quality, material is thick and stable.
Front lip in my eyes looks way better then expected, mounted on the car it really changes the appearance and shape and makes the car look much more agressive and also lower.
Mounting the front lip was pretty easy, but for better fitment I recommend someone to help you.
I used original 3m double sided acrylic tape and additional screws to make sure that the front lip will also not become loose at 250km/h.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chenry2357.50