Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Black 330i M Sport seen at dealership

02-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #111
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Oh man I m a good photographer - in my pics it looks better than in my eyes when I saw it.
Very nice catch my friend!!!

Hope you have been well!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #112
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
wha?

Auto H = Auto Hold - Hill Holder?

Auto Hill Holder is afeature is on my 2011 1er - which is a MANUAL... not sure why it's needed on an automatic...
This is not a "Hill Assist" feature.

The "Auto Hold" feature lets you keep the car in drive when you stop at a traffic light for example and it holds the car when you release the brakes. Not just when it detects an incline. You tap the gas and it releases.

It's a very smart feature, it works and I freakin love it!

It was a 5 series (premium) feature until now, form what I remember. Have it on my X5 and it's the bees knees.
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00
      02-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #113
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
What is the green circle car button for? I've seen it on the 5 series.
Centralized safety feature command. Blind spot, lane change warning, front collision, ...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #114
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post

The "Auto Hold" feature lets you keep the car in drive when you stop at a traffic light for example and it holds the car when you release the brakes. Not just when it detects an incline. You tap the gas and it releases.

It was a 5 series (premium) feature until now, form what I remember. Have it on my X5 and it's the bees knees.
Again.. I understand EXACTLY what it is. And it simply is an extension of hill assist.

BMW for years forced stop/start on vehicles in an attempt to claim slightly better mileage, and placed that feature on many of the last generation automobiles.. Clearly.. holding one's foot on the brake for a stop/start cycle is exactly the opposite of this feature.... so it's funny to see that BMW has completely reversed themselves in this regard.. That reversal of course is easier to acknowledge (or hope it goes largely unnoticed) by making the feature change along with a model update.

in other words.. it's not a premium feature trickling down from 5er to 3er.. as BMW has been employing AH technology in the limited form of hill assist on manual transmission vehicles for years.. They have simply decided to add AH to their automatic vehicles since they decided to drop the stop/start.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-06-2019 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50
      02-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #115
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Again.. I understand EXACTLY what it is. And it simply is an extension of hill assist.

BMW for years forced stop/start on vehicles in an attempt to claim slightly better mileage, and placed that feature on many of the last generation automobiles.. Clearly.. holding one's foot on the brake for a stop/start cycle is exactly the opposite of this feature.... so it's funny to see that BMW has completely reversed themselves in this regard.. That reversal of course is easier to acknowledge (or hope it goes largely unnoticed) by making the feature change along with a model update.

in other words.. it's not a premium feature trickling down from 5er to 3er.. as BMW has been employing AH technology in the limited form of hill assist on manual transmission vehicles for years.. They have simply decided to add AH to their automatic vehicles since they decided to drop the stop/start.
Not really an extension of Hill Assist because it doesn't have anything to do with Hills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00
      02-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #116
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

I was expecting BMW to hop on the 48v motor bandwagon with the new 3er. Start/Stops are still going to rattle the car and that is one of my biggest gripes. I'm all for saving gas and the environment, but not at the expense of comfort/convenience. Driven both an Audi and a Mercedes vehicles with a 48v motor and the start/stop is seamless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #117
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Quote:

Not really an extension of Hill Assist because it doesn't have anything to do with Hills.
It could tho in theory. And automatic bmws have had hill assist in autos since the e90.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #118
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Hard to get excited over a 4 cyl engine.
Appreciate 2
Eddien1231849.00
perezr10140.50
      02-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #119
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Quote:

Put it in as many other words as you see fit it's not hill assist and where did you come up with them "dropping stop/start"?

It's as much an extension of hill assist as you letting off the gas pedal and engine braking as both tasks induce forces essentially acting against the car moving.

What does you not having to hold the brakes yourself (auto hold, would you look at that, we decrypted what the feature actually is) at a red light have to do with hill assist and stop/start?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #120
DarkSaloon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 X53.5i

Man, my mineral white is at the port in Bramerhaven and these pics just made me double think my color choice. I've got the MW/Cognac, but regardless- the car looks gorgeous. I love it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #121
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post

Others have explained how it works already but I just want to clarify that this works WITH auto start/stop not in opposition to it. You'll notice there is still an auto start/stop button above the starter button in the picture.

I would definitely recommend you drive a car that has it, I did when I had a X5 for a loaner. It's a nice feature, I'm sure you'd like it once you try it. This is coming from someone who drives a manual.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #122
Kevinduma
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

The auto hold brake is nothing new and not specific to BMW. Many vehicles have this and although it takes getting used to, it is pretty nice to have. A 2014 Acura TLX has it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #123
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire22 View Post
Beautiful Lexus IS350, previous generation looks way better. No aggressiveness at all.
Truth
Couldn't agree more. Back-end is a complete JDM ripoff. I don't see how so many can't see that and get so nasty about it. It's there IN PLAIN SIGHT!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #124
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

The profile is great, looks the same since the e46. Thats what I can say positive about this far
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #125
SpenceRx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i EBII

Nice to see more pictures coming in. Looking forward to seeing these in person.
      02-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #126
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Can't wait to see what the MSport touring looks like. I'm sure it'll be a home run!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #127
babyboss
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 640d Msport

Garage List
2012 640d  [0.00]
Looks Nice ..
Side looks same as F30 ..
Rear lights similar to Audi A3 ..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #128
Fedie
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
No sync button for HVAC.... drives us OCD people bonkers.
Well I just discovered that by pressing the middle ac button switches to sync, ocd ppl should be happy
Long gone, Le Mans Blue X1 xdrive35 M-Sport - Alpina TCU flash - HR springs - Catless dp - JB4 ST2 - CAI -- Alpine White 2007 335i E92 - Procede v3 Stg 2/3 custom - VRSP 3" DP - Stett charge + Forge DV - Stett CAI - CXracing IC
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #129
ar2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
Couldn't agree more. Back-end is a complete JDM ripoff. I don't see how so many can't see that and get so nasty about it. It's there IN PLAIN SIGHT!
What are you talking about? The rear lights are similar to E90 coupe.
Appreciate 0