Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e - Recall Warning ⚠️

10-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #23
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Perhaps they can adjust the charger to better suit the dodgy batteries?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:29 AM   #24
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Having just been to my local garage (JCT600 Bradford) to collect the vehicle (70 plate 330e M Sport) from its visit for recalls on charging cable and 'do not charge' the only apparent positive indication my service assistant could give was that BMW sound like they will reimburse drivers for their fuel (capped at £500) during the period between the 'do not charge' notification was issued and the point at which a resolution is implemented on the vehicle. I was told to keep all fuel receipts in preparation for my claim, along with the £20 in taxi fares just wasted when they obviously knew full well that they couldn't resolve the 'do not charge' fault.
I will believe that when I see it.
If you were planning to utilise the recall booking for anything other than a free valet, then i'm not sure there is much point until the fix becomes common knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #25
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Having just been to my local garage (JCT600 Bradford) to collect the vehicle (70 plate 330e M Sport) from its visit for recalls on charging cable and 'do not charge' the only apparent positive indication my service assistant could give was that BMW sound like they will reimburse drivers for their fuel (capped at £500) during the period between the 'do not charge' notification was issued and the point at which a resolution is implemented on the vehicle. I was told to keep all fuel receipts in preparation for my claim, along with the £20 in taxi fares just wasted when they obviously knew full well that they couldn't resolve the 'do not charge' fault.
I will believe that when I see it.
If you were planning to utilise the recall booking for anything other than a free valet, then i'm not sure there is much point until the fix becomes common knowledge.
So you were booked in for it to be fixed and they didn't a) replace the charger and b) fix the battery issue?

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
andygriffiths
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Had my 330e in today for the enhancement notice, they replaced the 13amp charger. The guy told me it was to do with the wall plug end and that the original was causing problems with some types of outdoor sockets.

While it was in had them look at some small issues with idrive hanging and resetting, they updated the software to 07/2020.60. Got the new BMW maps, but can't get Android Auto working on my Note10+, I don't see any menu options for it at all and although my phone shows Android Auto is available it won't connect
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #27
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
So you were booked in for it to be fixed and they didn't a) replace the charger and b) fix the battery issue?
I was indeed booked in with the expectation that both points would be addressed. The JCT600 main call centre confirmed this would be the case, offering me a slot on Monday having only called them last Friday afternoon.

As usual the garage need your car all day, so a 10am drop on Monday morning evolved into a 5:30pm call for me to collect, so I sacked it off until this morning.

Happy days I thought having watched the Mrs empty half the tank in a week of not doing many miles

'We have resolved one of the recalls' my service assistant joyfully began his let down speech, followed by 'but you can't use it'.

So yes, they replaced the 3 pin plug charger.

All they could offer regarding the 'do not charge' issue was quotes from BMW internal communication stating that as of yet the cause was still unknown.

Of course, once I was back in my car, the initial disappointment faded having accepted that there is nothing I can do about it, along with the regular 'that looks nice' stares on the way home brought me back round .
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:26 AM   #28
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygriffiths View Post
Had my 330e in today for the enhancement notice, they replaced the 13amp charger. The guy told me it was to do with the wall plug end and that the original was causing problems with some types of outdoor sockets.

While it was in had them look at some small issues with idrive hanging and resetting, they updated the software to 07/2020.60. Got the new BMW maps, but can't get Android Auto working on my Note10+, I don't see any menu options for it at all and although my phone shows Android Auto is available it won't connect
Going to see if I can get a software upgrade.

From new, mine has always had an issue with wireless Carplay and normally disconnects if you try and ask it to make a call or send a text. Ok when plugged in and then ok when it reconnects. Then sometimes it just won't connect at all via any method until you stop and shut down the car.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #29
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I was indeed booked in with the expectation that both points would be addressed. The JCT600 main call centre confirmed this would be the case, offering me a slot on Monday having only called them last Friday afternoon.

As usual the garage need your car all day, so a 10am drop on Monday morning evolved into a 5:30pm call for me to collect, so I sacked it off until this morning.

Happy days I thought having watched the Mrs empty half the tank in a week of not doing many miles

'We have resolved one of the recalls' my service assistant joyfully began his let down speech, followed by 'but you can't use it'.

So yes, they replaced the 3 pin plug charger.

All they could offer regarding the 'do not charge' issue was quotes from BMW internal communication stating that as of yet the cause was still unknown.

Of course, once I was back in my car, the initial disappointment faded having accepted that there is nothing I can do about it, along with the regular 'that looks nice' stares on the way home brought me back round .
Told me 1-2 hrs so waiting with the car.

Seems a bit of a farce to be honest if there isn't a fix. Will definitely be getting my fuel receipts ready.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 05:29 AM   #30
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Told me 1-2 hrs so waiting with the car.

Seems a bit of a farce to be honest if there isn't a fix. Will definitely be getting my fuel receipts ready.
JCT600 in Bradford will not let you sit and wait in the dealership from what I could remember. It has been like that since they reopened after lockdown. My previous vehicle F30 330e M Sport went in a couple of times for a number of faults rectifying prior to its departure.

During the day I kept an eye on the vehicle status with the Connected app . Drivers door, window, bonnet and boot were opened approx 4:30pm and all closed again by 5pm.
Appreciate 1
Jim_330e144.00
      10-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #31
thomashunt1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)

Quote:
JCT600 in Bradford will not let you sit and wait in the dealership from what I could remember. It has been like that since they reopened after lockdown. My previous vehicle F30 330e M Sport went in a couple of times for a number of faults rectifying prior to its departure.

During the day I kept an eye on the vehicle status with the Connected app . Drivers door, window, bonnet and boot were opened approx 4:30pm and all closed again by 5pm.
Smart way to keep track on what they actually do.

Im assuming all cars with the idrive do this?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashunt1 View Post
Smart way to keep track on what they actually do.

Im assuming all cars with the idrive do this?
My 2016 F30 330e M Sport allowed the same visibility, however I cannot link the wife's 62 plate E93 M Sport Plus to the Connected app, which has the On Board Computer (OBC) system, so one assumes you are correct.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #33
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottroc View Post
Hmm, that AutoExpress article makes it sound like the problem is with the batteries in the car. The dealer told me that the problem was with the charger.

This is making me nervous.
So my car went in...had it back in just over an hour. All they did was swap the 3-pin charger. The rest of the time was just a complementary safety check where they looked under your car and checked my tyre tread depth and break pad thickness. Absolutely no checks or anything to do with the batteries.

Hope it don't catch fire, lol.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #34
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

UPDATE: My booking has just been cancelled as they said no point swapping for a new charging cable as still won't be able to charge the car as BMW have not issued a fix for the battery problem.

They are however providing a fixed lump sum as a goodwill gesture of £350 which I think is pretty good.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:58 AM   #35
jasontuk
Registered
Rep

I'm no longer receiving the warning not to charge in the car or in the Connected app. Checked the recall site and now only showing Enhancement Code 0061430500, which I believe is the charging cable not the batteries (but didn't check previously when I received the warning not to charge). Anyone know if the recall has been with withdrawn/I can now charge again?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 04:27 AM   #36
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontuk View Post
I'm no longer receiving the warning not to charge in the car or in the Connected app. Checked the recall site and now only showing Enhancement Code 0061430500, which I believe is the charging cable not the batteries (but didn't check previously when I received the warning not to charge). Anyone know if the recall has been with withdrawn/I can now charge again?
Mine did disappear off the car but definitely showing in the app as DO NOT CHARGE in red!

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 04:28 AM   #37
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

Doesn’t look like a quick fix.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...ery-pack%3Famp
Appreciate 1
Jim_330e144.00
      11-02-2020, 04:31 AM   #38
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting article, and going to be some time before its sorted.

Also noted that As a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused by the recall, Ford says it will also place an extended manufacturer warranty on every affected model – and every Kuga PHEV owner will be given a £500 fuel card for use at BP fuel stations.

BMW are offering £350 which I thought was good but now, not so much.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #39
Curfish
Rep
Drives: 330E

Quote:
Interesting article, and going to be some time before its sorted.

Also noted that As a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused by the recall, Ford says it will also place an extended manufacturer warranty on every affected model – and every Kuga PHEV owner will be given a £500 fuel card for use at BP fuel stations.

BMW are offering £350 which I thought was good but now, not so much.
Whis offering the £350? BMW direct or the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 02:08 AM   #40
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

Guessing no one has any update from BMW?

My 330e was in a couple week back and they confirmed two recall notices were in existence:
1. Cable replacement which they did
2. Battery issue which they don't have a clue about when we can charge it

Also, have any you guys got this £350 fuel card? If so, how!?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #41
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curfish View Post
Whis offering the £350? BMW direct or the dealer?
Dealer said it is coming from BMW UK but they were offering it. I've got to go through Leaseplan though is proving hard work.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 05:31 AM   #42
Taylor66
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Guys, I have a 2020 330e and just had the message that I can go back to charging the car. When I got the original "Don't Charge message" it included instructions to turn the engine charging down to 30% , I now cant find how to turn it back up to 80%. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #43
Madmcs
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport Plus Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor66 View Post
Hi Guys, I have a 2020 330e and just had the message that I can go back to charging the car. When I got the original "Don't Charge message" it included instructions to turn the engine charging down to 30% , I now cant find how to turn it back up to 80%. Any ideas?
Hi

I still have the recall message on BMW app for my 330e, but according to the original message the setting is in the following place:

Within Settings, locate Drive Mode menu, select Battery Control, Adjust the battery control [to 30%].

I seem to remember if you press the battery control button next to the gear lever, you can also access the battery control config option from the screen that appears for that mode.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #44
myvision
Registered
Rep

Hello all just found this thread.

I had my car (delivered July) in to BMW on October 27th BMW say they've changed the cable but it's the same one I've always had?
Tried ringing and keep getting told I'll get a call back should have checked before I left. Gave up after ringing everyday for a week.
They said on the 27th I can't charge using the cable!

Today the warning has disappeared from the app but I'm still getting Recall code 0061670500 on the BMW website I'm guessing still no charging for me.
Appreciate 0