GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2289 View Post
Lucky for me that my state isn't strict at all on the front plate. Whole different story when I lived in Cali.

Was it confirmed that the grills will come all black from the factory? Can't remember. They better IMO.
This from Autoweek: "In America, 31 states and the District of Columbia require front plates; Ohio is set to go front plate-free this July, dropping the number to 30 (though efforts to reverse that ruling are afoot). Whatever you think of front plates—personally, we’re glad they’re not in use here in Michigan—the reality is the vast majority of the driving public, both in the United States and abroad, must install them.

Given that, it’s baffling that most automakers still seem to treat front plates as an afterthought, especially on sporty cars."

They go on to point out the new Corvette actually took this into account with a US plate holder.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #332
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2289 View Post
Lucky for me that my state isn't strict at all on the front plate. Whole different story when I lived in Cali.

Was it confirmed that the grills will come all black from the factory? Can't remember. They better IMO.
This from Autoweek: "In America, 31 states and the District of Columbia require front plates; Ohio is set to go front plate-free this July, dropping the number to 30 (though efforts to reverse that ruling are afoot). Whatever you think of front plates—personally, we’re glad they’re not in use here in Michigan—the reality is the vast majority of the driving public, both in the United States and abroad, must install them.

Given that, it’s baffling that most automakers still seem to treat front plates as an afterthought, especially on sporty cars."

They go on to point out the new Corvette actually took this into account with a US plate holder.
Definitely, I know that a lot of states require front plates, I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about it (anymore).

I generally despise front plates although the G80 M3/4 may look better with a euro front plate to break up the grills. Don't think it will look as good with a US plate.
Appreciate 0