Car spec:
Manufactured: 12.2020
BMW G20 m340i xDrive
Adaptive Suspension

Wheels/Tyres setup:
Doppelspeiche 791M Bicolor - Staggered setup
8J x 19 - 225/40 R19 - Front
8,5J x 19 - 255/35 R19 - Back

I am awaiting delivery of the car and since it will arrive with Summer tires, I wanted to make a plan for the Winter tyres and use of the car in my region. I quite like the look of these wheels (19" 791M), however I am worried about the comfort, as well as using these on bad/rough roads and potholes, especially in the winter. I guess the ride will be harsher and there would be a bigger chance of ruining the tires and wheels quite quickly. My car comes with Adaptive Suspension, though I am not sure that will help with the safety and peace of mind aspect much.

I have an option to buy these 662M wheels:
8J x 18 - 5х112
Offset (ET): IS 30

in great/as new condition. I believe these have been taken off from a 5-series G30 BMW. Would these fit well for my m340i xDrive? It seems that these are all 8J size, so that means a squared setup, right? What would be the best tire size I could pick that would fit well and would allow for a balanced and comfortable ride, with maximum sidewall for safety of the wheels and tyres. I am trying to avoid breaking down on the side of the road due to low-profile tires. Also, I would still like to keep the car closer to how its designed and engineered to be driven, so would generally want to stick with a tried and tested setup for a m340i xdrive.

Thanks.

Last edited by agalaxyfaraway; 01-12-2024 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: add G20 model
Appreciate 0