Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Post Your Aftermarket Wheel Set Up!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #111
JayDD007
Private
United_States
38
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: B58/S54/N63
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pottstown, PA

iTrader: (3)

Just finished everything I've been wanting to do to the car, beyond happy with the results lowered on h&r springs, 20" BBS CI-R wheels
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 4
chenry1069.50
Cabby191.00

      07-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #112
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDD007 View Post
Just finished everything I've been wanting to do to the car, beyond happy with the results lowered on h&r springs, 20" BBS CI-R wheels
Nice! Did you get these wheels from the classifieds section where one private seller had them up for sale?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #113
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Thanks man! I def think I have enough clearance on all corners but guess time will tell if spacers will actually be needed as id prefer to not run them if possible. Was hoping somebody could comment on that and can post pics showing clearance for those on the fence!

Tire sizes are 235/35/20 (front) and 265/30/20 (rear) and rims are 8.5" ET 26/ 9.5" ET 37

Pics def don't show the details but the rears are nice and meaty like I was hoping for. Thought I'd only settle for 10" rears but 9.5" is plenty IMO. Have seen some running up to 10.5" in the back tho
I was thinking of going the 245/275 route, however it is good to see your setup to have a perspective.
I reached out to tire rack, getyourwheels.com, and my BMW dealership and all 3 confirmed the tire sizes I ordered would be ideal.

I'm sure you can go wider and was personally hoping to get a little wider myself but the tires fit perfect and there's enough room for road imperfections.

Also added the black IND M340i badge (purchased from Chenry btw), leveling center caps, and a blacked out grille. Next on the list is to get the Dinan exhaust installed once it arrives and honestly think I'm gonna get some PPF added w my ceramic coating
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 02:08 AM   #114
sspdw
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: bmw m140
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Here's more pics!

On my drive home from the gym I had a pebble get stuck and was squealing like crazy. I was told I didn't need spacers w this set up.

I'm wondering if it's from the PS4 tires being so sticky and throwing up road debris? Idk but it's the first day w them on so I'm hoping it was a one time thing! If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated!
I have removed my 20" with Ps4s because of gravel getting stuck in the brakes. The Ps4s are so sticky and the brakeshield with m-sport brakes is a fuckin joke it collects everything.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #115
JayDD007
Private
United_States
38
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: B58/S54/N63
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pottstown, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDD007 View Post
Just finished everything I've been wanting to do to the car, beyond happy with the results lowered on h&r springs, 20" BBS CI-R wheels
Nice! Did you get these wheels from the classifieds section where one private seller had them up for sale?
Yup, was surprised no one picked them up. Needed 15mm spacers all around
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #116
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspdw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Here's more pics!

On my drive home from the gym I had a pebble get stuck and was squealing like crazy. I was told I didn't need spacers w this set up.

I'm wondering if it's from the PS4 tires being so sticky and throwing up road debris? Idk but it's the first day w them on so I'm hoping it was a one time thing! If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated!
I have removed my 20" with Ps4s because of gravel getting stuck in the brakes. The Ps4s are so sticky and the brakeshield with m-sport brakes is a fuckin joke it collects everything.
What kind of wheels did you have?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #117
sspdw
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: bmw m140
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
What kind of wheels did you have?
Judd model 2, 8.5 front et25 and 9.5 rear et42 235/35 front 265/30 rear
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #118
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspdw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
What kind of wheels did you have?
Judd model 2, 8.5 front et25 and 9.5 rear et42 235/35 front 265/30 rear
Both your tires and rims are the same size as mine other than the different offsets. I haven't had any rocks get stuck since but I had the same problem with the Michelin Super Sports on my F30 w kicking up debris.

Maybe it has to do w the offsets? If you decide to sell them down the road, lmk cuz I may be interested!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:36 PM   #119
sspdw
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: bmw m140
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Both your tires and rims are the same size as mine other than the different offsets. I haven't had any rocks get stuck since but I had the same problem with the Michelin Super Sports on my F30 w kicking up debris.

Maybe it has to do w the offsets? If you decide to sell them down the road, lmk cuz I may be interested!
No its the wheelbarrel being bigger and sticky tires throwing gravel around in the wheelhouse. Plus stupidly engineered brakeshields
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #120
bmw noob
Private First Class
bmw noob's Avatar
23
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2020 G20 m340i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Vmr v804. 19" 8.5/9.5". Custom gloss anthracite. Michelin ps4s 235/40, 265/35. Stock adjustable suspension.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2020 M340i: Mineral White/Oyster/Oak; Full MPerf Aero; CF M style mirrors; Burger Tuning Intake; Llumar 15% nonceramic; VMR V804 19 gloss anthracite w/ps4s 235/265; black badges
2017 F30 340i: AW;Oyster;Ash Gray;Full MPerf Aero
2008 E92 335, Montego, Saddle, Aluminum
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2020, 11:55 PM   #121
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Another one of the 813M's. Really liking them.

I may get them powder coated in black down the road but for now leaving as is!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #122
Wyndi335I
Second Lieutenant
99
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: BMW 335I
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Gken Allen, Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Another one of the 813M's. Really liking them.

I may get them powder coated in black down the road but for now leaving as is!
I considered this also if its the route I go.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 02:44 AM   #123
sspdw
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: bmw m140
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

Bended my breakshields closer to the disc, was really easy to be honest. It was a huge gap, no wonder those brakes have been collecting gravel. From 1.5" to about 0,5" gap. Or 4cm to 1cm.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #124
Gdiddy23
Captain
400
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspdw View Post
Bended my breakshields closer to the disc, was really easy to be honest. It was a huge gap, no wonder those brakes have been collecting gravel. From 1.5" to about 0,5" gap. Or 4cm to 1cm.
I would have thought closer would have collected more, no?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #125
sspdw
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: bmw m140
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I would have thought closer would have collected more, no?
No it seems to be fine now.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 01:42 AM   #126
BMW435
Second Lieutenant
BMW435's Avatar
Switzerland
202
Rep
283
Posts

Drives: BMW 435
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SWITZERLAND

iTrader: (0)

With Eibach springs
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2020, 04:27 PM   #127
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
Rocket455's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: M340i,'72 TransAm,'69Toronado
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I may get them powder coated in black down the road but for now leaving as is!
Consider liquid black/black chrome as well if you end up going that way; had 464M's on my F10 and they looked really unique (wheel design itself was bleh IMO, but the liquid chrome finish and the way it reflected in the sun was pretty cool).
__________________
"Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. And happiness is striking the perfect balance between the two."
Appreciate 1
Gdiddy23399.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST