Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum No more Dravit or Tanzanite for MY2021?!

01-31-2021, 09:20 PM   #67
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebatman View Post
I was just about to order an M340i in TB today, everything was verbally accepted over the phone and few hours later I get a call stating that TB seems to have been pulled as a option 😫

The sales manager I’ve been working with mentioned being able to see the option for TB last week but as of today it’s gone.

Can anyone validate this?
Allocations may have been filled with orders. I'll check with my dealer tomorrow, I've got a TB M440 on order set to arrive in early March.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #68
Rossodio
Lifelong BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I have TB / Cognac on its way...entered production today. Mocha looked too dark to me when I saw it in person, though admittedly it wasn't paired with TB it was on a white build. Cognac = warm, Mocha = dark. I dunno how else to describe it off the top of my head.
Yes, this. The Think coffee or chocolate milk (maybe a little bit darker than those) with the mocha color, and think of... well, a bottle of cognac, or of bourbon, and that color is closer to the cognac color. The colors actually match up well with what they're called, for once.
2018 340i - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige Dakota Leather - 2018-March 2021
2021 M340i - Dravit Grey Metallic/Cognac Vernasca Leather - March 2021-Present
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 02:02 PM   #69
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
I was just about to order an M340i in TB today, everything was verbally accepted over the phone and few hours later I get a call stating that TB seems to have been pulled as a option ��

The sales manager I’ve been working with mentioned being able to see the option for TB last week but as of today it’s gone.

I was able to place an order for a TB M340 just before the end of the year. My SA told me I would have had to wait until potentially March for the next set of German allocations to post if we didn't snag one in December. I wonder if this could be the issue? Otherwise, TB was definitely available to order as recently as December.
      02-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #70
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Quote:
I was just about to order an M340i in TB today, everything was verbally accepted over the phone and few hours later I get a call stating that TB seems to have been pulled as a option ��

Hey There. I was able to get Tanzanite Blue with Oyster from my dealer BMW of Manhattan). The order was approved January 11, 2021. It is a corporate store so they might have some pull on getting the color. I was faced with the same situation and he put n the request and it was granted. . If you want I can give you my sales person contact. Let me know
My car is now online to be painted. Checked last night.

Test drove a Mineral Gray with the Cognac interior. That was really nice but not what I wanted. It was a very distant 2nd choice if I couldn't get the TBII with the oyster. The mocha is way too dark for such a small car. I have the same issue with black interior on the 3. Mocha is discontinued for 2021.

Last edited by BklynNYBMW; 02-03-2021 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:37 PM   #71
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
I was just about to order an M340i in TB today, everything was verbally accepted over the phone and few hours later I get a call stating that TB seems to have been pulled as a option 😫

TB is a priority 1 color, it is a regular option and requires no special approval

However, TB is only available on German builds as the plant in Mexico is not setup with TB or dravit. You need your dealer to see if they have or can get a hold of a German build allocation. (Sometimes larger networks with multiple stores can horse trade)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:06 PM   #72
doublebatman
Rep
Drives: BMW e92

Appreciate the replies everyone. I was able to order my M340i build in TB after all

The sales guy was trying to order my build through the Mexico plant and that’s why TB wasn’t available. Once he switched over to German everything worked!

Super pumped and now the wait begins...I was able to get a solid deal too which I’ll be posting in the other thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #73
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi All. Just to give everyone an update. My car was completed and out of the Factory. It is waiting to be sent to the Port for shipment. This was fast considering that the order was only approved on January 11. Lets see how long it takes to get to the dealer. Will keep you all posted
__________________________________________________ _____________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 09:44 PM   #74
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi All,
Here is the latest. On Monday the tracking showed the car still at the Port. I checked this evening and now indicates that it is on it's way. Probably another 2-3 weeks until it shows up
__________________________________________________ ________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #75
Nova87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i, Jaguar FPace S

I ordered my M340i Xdrive on 1/10 with a build week of 6 but it just entered production yesterday. I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I would have loved to have ordered the TB. But since it was not available on the configurator I assumed it was no longer available. When I asked at a dealership they mentioned that it was no longer available on the M340i.

I opted for Mineral Gray, which is still nice but would've loved the TB color. Slightly Bummed.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #76
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova87 View Post
I ordered my M340i Xdrive on 1/10 with a build week of 6 but it just entered production yesterday. I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I would have loved to have ordered the TB. But since it was not available on the configurator I assumed it was no longer available. When I asked at a dealership they mentioned that it was no longer available on the M340i.

I opted for Mineral Gray, which is still nice but would've loved the TB color. Slightly Bummed.
Bummer Bud. I went to the dealer on January 2 and I had the same issue as TB was not in the configurator. The sales rep was able to get it by putting in a request with Germany. Not sure why your dealer didn't even try and put in a request as individual for the TB for you, Not going to speculate on that. But the good thing is that your car will still be SPECTACULAR. Enjoy it when it shows up and drive safe.
__________________________________________________ _______2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 11:03 PM   #77
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
TB is a priority 1 color, it is a regular option and requires no special approval

However, TB is only available on German builds as the plant in Mexico is not setup with TB or dravit. You need your dealer to see if they have or can get a hold of a German build allocation. (Sometimes larger networks with multiple stores can horse trade)
This. Munich-built 3er's are by special request only and for us Canadians, there's about a 6-week lead time so you would take delivery no earlier than 10 weeks from when the vehicle enters production (6 weeks) to when it ships, lands at port and then en route to dealership (4 weeks, assuming no delays).
Appreciate 0