Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA BMW G20 Dashcam and Battery Installation.

07-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #89
SteveAus
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsapper View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this very helpful write up which I followed for my cameras installation. I did however make one very minor change. I was feeling very ambitious therefore I removed the rear view mirror cover and drilled two small holes to accommodate the front cables to allow routing inside the trim.

Thanks Steve
Excellent modification. It looks very neat.
Well done.
      10-08-2020, 01:04 AM   #90
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Hi, I see most are installing in the trunk; however, did anyone check to see if a Cellink NEO would fit under the passenger seat in the G20 and not interfere with the seat when the seat is adjusted or moved? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:13 AM   #91
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW11 View Post
Hi, I see most are installing in the trunk; however, did anyone check to see if a Cellink NEO would fit under the passenger seat in the G20 and not interfere with the seat when the seat is adjusted or moved? Thanks.
Quote:
Hi

Just wondering what the rationale would be installing it under the seat , there is not much space there and then you would need to lead a cable from the battery in the back to under the seat
If it's in the boot then it's a few centimetres direct to the battery

If you install it on the boot there is quite a lot of space and you would never need to access it
Well at least I have had no need since it was installed
Appreciate 1
BMW11205.50

10-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #92
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi

Just wondering what the rationale would be installing it under the seat , there is not much space there and then you would need to lead a cable from the battery in the back to under the seat

If you install it on the boot there is quite a lot of space and you would never need to access it
I was just thinking why wasn't anyone talking about under the seat installation because the pictures shown by Cellink NEO suggest under the seat install. Does it fit under the seat?
Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.14.05 AM.png
Views: 121
Size:  1.18 MB
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #93
SteveAus
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was just thinking why wasn't anyone talking about under the seat installation because the pictures shown by Cellink NEO suggest under the seat install. Does it fit under the seat?
Attachment 2433030
The installation shown in the graphic uses the 12v supply. This charges the Cellink battery at a much slower rate than using the main car battery.
From memory, the car battery installation charges the Cellink in about 40 minutes of driving, whereas the 12v supply takes approx twice as long.
Sorry, I canít tell you if the Cellink battery fits under either of the front seats as this is something I have never considered doing.

10-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #94
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Attachment 2433030
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

I was just thinking why wasn't anyone talking about under the seat installation because the pictures shown by Cellink NEO suggest under the seat
install. Does it fit under the seat?
Attachment 2433030

Ah I see I think the pic is just for marketing, it just depends on your brand of car and for ours , better in the boot
Lots of space

Pic with Neo installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW11205.50

10-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #95
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Blackvue 950 overheating

Hi All

So don't normally park my car outside for long , but today I did and I received a warning that my dashcam was overheating and may shutdown

Maybe that's why the new version has cooling slits in the body.

I have the dashcam connected via Blackvue cloud service so thats why I received the message on the phone

If I didn't not sure I would be notified at all, probably only when I open the app

Just a heads up for a Blackvue owners
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 05:12 AM   #96
AustraliaG20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 3 series

Hey all,

2 questions

- any more overheating issues? It's not even summer yet!

- anyone happy to share the price they paid and where they ordered from? I'm still interested but continue to leave towards drive recorder...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #97
SteveAus
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraliaG20 View Post
Hey all,

2 questions

- any more overheating issues? It's not even summer yet!

- anyone happy to share the price they paid and where they ordered from? I'm still interested but continue to leave towards drive recorder...
Not sure about the overheating issues as I donít use the Cloud with my Blackvue 900S-2CH. Therefore, I have never noticed if the dashcams have shut down while parked. I could have checked the recordings, but I have never bothered to do so.
Cost of a Blackvue 900S-2CH is around $ 1200 with a Cellink Neo battery and 128 GB SD Card from Dashcams Australia.
I also have the BMW Drive Recorder on my car but (thankfully) have never had to use it. I only use it as a backup to the dashcams and for potential side impact vision.
If I was to get one OR the other, I would opt for the dashcams over the Drive Recorder. Occasionally, I download vision from the dashcams after a drive (usually on a winding road), or when I tried out the launch control. Iíve never done this with the drive recorder.
Hope this helps.