Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK BMW connected music - how to activate?

10-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

BMW connected music - how to activate?

So I’ve bought a brand new M340i and want activate the apparently 3 years free subscription to BMW connected music...but how do I do it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Am I right in thinking it is free for 3 years??
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #2
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

If you make a ConnectedDrive account here https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk/ and add your car onto it, it should add the services your car came with

Mine didn't come with BMW Music for free, it's £79 for the year. Mine came with Connected Package Professional for 3 years which shows as having Spotify for free but I couldn't ever find it in my car personally. The Spotify app wanted me to login to an account which goes against what the description on BMW website says.

If you get it working though let me know hah
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 08:32 AM   #3
Froggie401
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post
If you make a ConnectedDrive account here https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk/ and add your car onto it, it should add the services your car came with

Mine didn't come with BMW Music for free, it's £79 for the year. Mine came with Connected Package Professional for 3 years which shows as having Spotify for free but I couldn't ever find it in my car personally. The Spotify app wanted me to login to an account which goes against what the description on BMW website says.

If you get it working though let me know hah
I'm the same, I can't find Spotify? So I use Spotify on my phone through Apple Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 08:38 AM   #4
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie401 View Post
I'm the same, I can't find Spotify? So I use Spotify on my phone through Apple Carplay.
I have the Spotify App in the car, but it has me login to a Spotify account to work, which you obviously need to pay for. Not quite the 50 million free songs it says on ConnectedDrive hah
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie401 View Post
I have the Spotify App in the car, but it has me login to a Spotify account to work, which you obviously need to pay for. Not quite the 50 million free songs it says on ConnectedDrive hah
You do need to log in yes, but that can just be for Spotify free if you don't subscribe to premium - just means you'll have to put up with Ads.

I love Spotify, and for the content you get (Music & Podcasts), it's well worth £9.99 a month IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:23 AM   #6
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
You do need to log in yes, but that can just be for Spotify free if you don't subscribe to premium - just means you'll have to put up with Ads.

I love Spotify, and for the content you get (Music & Podcasts), it's well worth £9.99 a month IMO.
Oh I get that, but on ConnectedDrive it says this as active/booked in the car

"WHAT DOES CONNECTED MUSIC WITH SPOTIFY OFFER?

Your favourite songs anytime, anywhere. Connected Music helps you find the perfect soundtrack when you're on the go. Unlimited streaming for over 50 million songs from BMW's music partner Spotify via the SIM card installed in your BMW. Log in directly in the vehicle with your account for access to all your favourites, playlists and audio books.

Access to more than 50 million tracks and thousands of audio books.
Direct streaming via the built-in SIM card in your BMW without having to use your smartphone.
Synchronisation of your favourites and playlists in the vehicle and on all end devices."
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #7
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

Log in directly in the vehicle with your account for access to all your favourites, playlists and audio books.

Direct streaming via the built-in SIM card in your BMW without having to use your smartphone.
Synchronisation of your favourites and playlists in the vehicle and on all end devices."
Yep “Log in” (to Spotify) with whatever Spotify account you have, premium or free.

If you don’t log in to Spotify how could it Synchronise as per the last sentence.

I have a premium account (pay for it) and have used it for the last 12 months in the car.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:14 AM   #8
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Quote:
Oh I get that, but on ConnectedDrive it says this as active/booked in the car

"WHAT DOES CONNECTED MUSIC WITH SPOTIFY OFFER?

Your favourite songs anytime, anywhere. Connected Music helps you find the perfect soundtrack when you're on the go. Unlimited streaming for over 50 million songs from BMW's music partner Spotify via the SIM card installed in your BMW. Log in directly in the vehicle with your account for access to all your favourites, playlists and audio books.

I think BMW offer free data for your Spotify account using the Connected drive in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #9
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep

I must read it wrong/different. I thought it was worded that logging in to the car with ConnectedDrive and there would just be a way to browse all the music and stream etc. More of an in car data plan for Spotify then.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #10
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I must read it wrong/different. I thought it was worded that logging in to the car with ConnectedDrive and there would just be a way to browse all the music and stream etc. More of an in car data plan for Spotify then.
Yep....

When I first got the car I assumed it would automatically be there with all the music. Alas not....

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0