F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Lobb's new name!
proTUNING Freaks

11-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Lobb's new name!

Lobb's changed his name to what!?

FML this is one hell of a forum!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

The man is absolutely obsessed with Muslims. It's really sad. I know at least one forum member who has stopped posting because of the casual racism (nee religionism) here. Yet it seems people still find it amusing. Baffles me.
Appreciate 8
djcowlin284.50
E60525d280.50
2CRO4TV228.00
Dyl432.50
      11-06-2018, 12:30 AM   #3
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0 View Post
The man is absolutely obsessed with Muslims. It's really sad. I know at least one forum member who has stopped posting because of the casual racism (nee religionism) here. Yet it seems people still find it amusing. Baffles me.
This is true. And the protestations otherwise are not convincing when the posts keep happening.

Casual stereotyping and racism is a significant and once again growing problem in society. See the world through the eyes of a 'foreigner' and it's clear how widespread the malignancy is.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 3
      11-06-2018, 01:54 AM   #4
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Living and working in the country that I do, it gives you a sharp sense of how it must feel to those subjected to juvenile and crass remarks in the UK based on either their religion or race. Thankfully I've yet to experience nasty racism but I get the odd 'bature' thrown at me which means European or white man.

I also spent three months in the West Bank in 2015 and you can see why Hamas does what it does. I don't condone the organisation by any stretch but until you've seen it and experienced it probably best not to comment.
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 04:45 AM   #5
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0 View Post
To be a racist, there must be a race involved. To which race do you refer?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 04:47 AM   #6
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
This is true. And the protestations otherwise are not convincing when the posts keep happening.

Casual stereotyping and racism is a significant and once again growing problem in society. See the world through the eyes of a 'foreigner' and it's clear how widespread the malignancy is.
To be racist, there must, by definition be a race involved. To which race are you referring?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 05:04 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 05:26 AM   #8
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Living and working in the country that I do, it gives you a sharp sense of how it must feel to those subjected to juvenile and crass remarks in the UK based on either their religion or race. Thankfully I've yet to experience nasty racism but I get the odd 'bature' thrown at me which means European or white man.

I also spent three months in the West Bank in 2015 and you can see why Hamas does what it does. I don't condone the organisation by any stretch but until you've seen it and experienced it probably best not to comment.
I too have worked in various countries and abide by their laws and respect their way of life
But as far as your comments go I find very strange you state that or comment on crass remarks aimed at certain people in the UK every one is entitled to their opinion and I certainly agree on that.

Yet later in your post you say unless you seen it and experienced it (as I assume you don't live in the UK) its probably best not to comment on it, however you comment on the UK. Am I missing something?
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #9
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Hey Lobb, you once said this forum was getting very boring...

It is now....

And you can change it!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #10
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

I'm confused - the only bit I nearly understood was white marks on a coloured car
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #11
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

In principle a debate about the merits of religion and consequential impact on culture shouldn't be off limits. I'd class myself as being pretty close to atheist, and I see lots of problems with following ancient codes established when values were different and the sum of human knowledge was much smaller. I think these problems are present in many religions.

What I struggle with is the relentless generalisation and oversimplification. Islam = different/bad vs. other religions = most followers are to be feared and suspected = all south Asian cultures are to be feared and suspected = anyone not like me is to be feared and suspected. This is what is happening in private and public discourse right now.

I don't know what our friend is intending with all of these posts. I like the smart and funny Lobb, not the other one. One-note, dogwhistle provocation isn't how I like to be invited to a debate.

Appreciate 5
      11-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #12
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Karim View Post
Do you condemn the HAMAS?
No. I am a Corbyn supporter. Next question...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #13
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
In principle a debate about the merits of religion and consequential impact on culture shouldn't be off limits. I'd class myself as being pretty close to atheist, and I see lots of problems with following ancient codes established when values were different and the sum of human knowledge was much smaller. I think these problems are present in many religions.

What I struggle with is the relentless generalisation and oversimplification. Islam = different/bad vs. other religions = most followers are to be feared and suspected = all south Asian cultures are to be feared and suspected = anyone not like me is to be feared and suspected. This is what is happening in private and public discourse right now.

I don't know what our friend is intending with all of these posts. I like the smart and funny Lobb, not the other one. One-note, dogwhistle provocation isn't how I like to be invited to a debate.
Indeed. I don't personally see an issue with such topics being discussed. But the way Lobb is going about it is a bit pathetic. And while this is off topic, how off topic do you continually want to be?

Mention a religion followed almost uniquely by people that are not white.
Hell, just mention Muslims.
Just mention Muslims.
Just mention Muslims.
Goodness me, you think I have a racial prejudice?
Here's a witty question by return.

He may be more intelligent than he lets on, but here and on this subject, he comes off like someone with an agenda but not the backbone to say what he thinks. (But he does attend meets, apparently, so that's ok).

In (my) summary, we're talking about someone who has to have multiple user names, who is bored enough to obsess over a religion he doesn't follow. Actually I suddenly feel way better about my lot, and I'm a fat, overweight, tired parent who still has a mortgage and no pension.

And a PCP.
Appreciate 2
      11-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #14
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr August Schmidhuber View Post
Thank you.
you appear to have changed personality mid conversation. I did too and take no responsibility for anything purported to have been said in my name whilst I was confused by the multiple personalities being portrayed.

Do you denounce Hamas?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #15
Bibbles
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i MPPSK

Quote:
Yes, as well as other religious zealots no matter which imaginary friend they think made some rules a few thousand years ago.

Religion in general isn't the problem, people can blindly go against common sense, facts and evidence. They certainly don't need a religion to do that, just look at Brexit.

That said, I still don't think children should be indoctrinated into any religion, it should be a choice made as an adult once they're realised the other fairy tales are untrue. If you still want to follow the mysterious man in the sky then that's up to you but don't brainwash kids into thinking they'll go to hell for having a bacon sandwich, a wank or being gay.
Appreciate 1
G50956.00
      11-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #16
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
[
As somebody once said/wrote, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

As the saying goes and which applies to myself first and foremost, "those in glass houses....."

Do you condemn the internationally illegal and condemned, Israeli state-approved, annexation, ethnic-cleansing and uprooting of native Palestinian families, for the purposes of building settlements to house those 'returning' to 'their Promised Land'?

It's a tragedy that a 'state' claiming to represent a people that horrifically lost 6million lives due to a fascist propaganda machine, is now itself a living embodiment of the same.

As for who is right/wrong, and without discounting those who may not be categorised by all 3, anybody who is impartial from a religious perspective, has intellect and a moral compass, will point you in the said direction.

I'm not a theologian, but I suggest that all if not most of the world's belief systems share common values. Unfortunately, there will always be those who hijack religion for their cause(s), which in this day and age is what makes headlines & sells newspapers. For me and as an example, Tommy Robinson and Anjem Choudary are 2sides of the same coin, one that needs to be chucked away and forgotten about.

Finally and I think I've posted it before, but if any of you have a spare few minutes and are interested, I suggest you read the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) Last Sermon. Rather than pointing you in any particular direction, a quick internet search (Google images) should hopefully enlighten and inform you of the 'ethos' of Islam.
Appreciate 4
Harryg276.00
mcoops1757.00
      11-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #17
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

lol , Lobb is slowly becoming public enemy nr 1 .

Yeah , yeah , yeah , I condemn Hamas (before you ask)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #18
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post

Its condemn Lobb day it'll pass
Well until his next post
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #19
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post

Great avatar, you can use the same overlay on an apple next!

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #20
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post

Great avatar, you can use the same overlay on an apple next!
, no pun intended
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #21
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
As for who is right/wrong, and without discounting those who may not be categorised by all 3, anybody who is impartial from a religious perspective, has intellect and a moral compass, will point you in the said direction.

I'm not a theologian, but I suggest that all if not most of the world's belief systems share common values. Unfortunately, there will always be those who hijack religion for their cause(s), which in this day and age is what makes headlines & sells newspapers. For me and as an example, Tommy Robinson and Anjem Choudary are 2sides of the same coin, one that needs to be chucked away and forgotten about.
Great post. Even as a non-believer I always wonder whether religion is 'net positive' in terms of common values and basic principles of decency. I find it faintly irritating that we might need (in my view) a made-up entity to tell us how to treat each other properly. But it's a organising force for good as well as bad behaviour - charity, community, family, etc.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
Oceanic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

I don't the atrocities the Israelis have committed against the Palestinians are far worse, go Hamas I say
Appreciate 0