Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions EPA - 2021 330e gets 23 miles of all-electric range

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
robbieracer
Private
9
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (1)

EPA - 2021 330e gets 23 miles of all-electric range

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
EPA announced 23 all electric miles.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...omy-estimates/
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
Vogal
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: G20 330E M
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

I have one 330e and today I've made 33 miles with one charge.
The poorest result I've made was 25 miles.

Light foot and warm weather.
Appreciate 2
clee1982666.50
FCobra942523.50

      04-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
180
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

I get about 18 miles everyday. Thatís four trips of 6 miles. It runs out of juice after the third trip.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2909
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely pathetic.

Bring out the 100% Electric 3er, this waiting is completely ridiculous.
Appreciate 16
      04-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #5
phantom7835
Second Lieutenant
phantom7835's Avatar
United_States
216
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Absolutely pathetic.

Bring out the 100% Electric 3er, this waiting is completely ridiculous.
Exactly

Why even call it E when you can barely get out of town
__________________
2020 M2 Competition, Long Beach Blue, Exec, 6 Speed
2013 X1 x28i, Valencia Orange, Premium, Cold Weather
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 5
///M TOWN2908.50
nicky dj174.00
peterdf14.50

      04-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #6
nbay89
Private First Class
62
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xdrive Coupe M sport
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

I must say...I hold BMW in high regards as most of us do. This mileage is pathetic though...come on BMW
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN2908.50

      04-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6670
Rep
23,882
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

range is low for a lot but those who live in a city that would not be bad. I drove a 5e last year for a few weeks and with my 10 mile commute I never put gas in once.

but agree we need a full electric already! The mini one is awesome, we need a BMW one now
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN2908.50
clee1982666.50

      04-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #8
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
1374
Rep
6,536
Posts

Drives: F30 340i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
range is low for a lot but those who live in a city that would not be bad. I drove a 5e last year for a few weeks and with my 10 mile commute I never put gas in once.

but agree we need a full electric already! The mini one is awesome, we need a BMW one now
At this point it doesnít matter. Itís an obsolete vehicle and bmw is just falling behind day by day. The economic situation will not help them either. Itís just reality.
Appreciate 4
      04-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6670
Rep
23,882
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
At this point it doesnít matter. Itís an obsolete vehicle and bmw is just falling behind day by day. The economic situation will not help them either. Itís just reality.
I see your view on the subject, but from our side we actually sell a lot of those hybrid BMWs so maybe they are doing better then most think and make sense for BMW to keep putting them. But either way the full electric def would be a nice option, the i3 was an option but need something a little larger. We def are seeing a lot of excitement at our mini store for the full electric Mini
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan5018.00
SYT_Shadow4782.00

      04-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5018
Rep
15,980
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I see your view on the subject, but from our side we actually sell a lot of those hybrid BMWs so maybe they are doing better then most think and make sense for BMW to keep putting them. But either way the full electric def would be a nice option, the i3 was an option but need something a little larger. We def are seeing a lot of excitement at our mini store for the full electric Mini
That's indicative of the forum in general. Myopic to say the least.
Appreciate 3
GOLFFRR6670.00
SYT_Shadow4782.00
mat970.50

      04-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #11
FLEW
Enlisted Member
United_States
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

This is worse case of range anxiety
__________________
GM
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #12
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
1522
Rep
2,310
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That's indicative of the forum in general. Myopic to say the least.
Not really. They do have a point. This car is for a very niche market. It only caters to customers in the largest metro areas in very densely populated cities. Basically, in cities where people prefer to walk or take public transportation.

In the majority of the south, that range is not even a round trip drive to the market or to downtown. Not worth the very few savings in gas money when you're adding the cost of battery replacement and maintenance.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #13
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5018
Rep
15,980
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Not really. They do have a point. This car is for a very niche market. It only caters to customers in the largest metro areas in very densely populated cities. Basically, in cities where people prefer to walk or take public transportation.

In the majority of the south, that range is not even a round trip drive to the market or to downtown. Not worth the very few savings in gas money when you're adding the cost of battery replacement and maintenance.
I agree that EV's are niche in general. My statement was in reference to how the forum tends to view things in general. If they don't like it, they assume nobody likes it.
Appreciate 4
      04-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #14
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2909
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I see your view on the subject, but from our side we actually sell a lot of those hybrid BMWs so maybe they are doing better then most think and make sense for BMW to keep putting them. But either way the full electric def would be a nice option, the i3 was an option but need something a little larger. We def are seeing a lot of excitement at our mini store for the full electric Mini
I hear what your saying, but...

Even that eMini has pathetic range.

Batteries 🔋🔋🔋 are the name of the game.

BMW is unfortunately not a front runner in the EV arena.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6670.00

      04-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #15
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
1522
Rep
2,310
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I agree that EV's are niche in general. My statement was in reference to how the forum tends to view things in general. If they don't like it, they assume nobody likes it.
Oh yeah that's definitely a fact. I misunderstood.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #16
Thirtye
New Member
13
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 330e
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

It will depend on personal circumstances if this will suit.
I have an f30 330e with a smaller battery than the new car, I get a solid 18miles of full electric driving, which is enough to get me to work and back.
the petrol engine is there for longer trips.
the fuel tank gets me 300 miles of range, however I get on average 1200 miles between petrol fill ups.
I have had 1800 miles before.
if you have a long commute you may be better with something else.
Appreciate 2
clee1982666.50
jrc42516.50

      04-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #17
Mazman
Private First Class
108
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

I have been getting 31+ miles daily during winter here in Sweden
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #18
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
4782
Rep
6,479
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/X5 35/MiniCS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

I think that range is just fine.

This is more of a real world electric vehicle. Some electric range to go to and from work and you still have a full gas car for real trips.

Someone mentioned range anxiety. Really? Besides electric assist you have a full gas car which can be refueled in 5 minutes in what, a million gas stations?
Appreciate 6
      04-17-2020, 05:30 PM   #19
jstein55
Colonel
jstein55's Avatar
United_States
3388
Rep
2,341
Posts

Drives: BMW/Mercedes-Benz
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Absolutely pathetic.

Bring out the 100% Electric 3er, this waiting is completely ridiculous.
The waiting is going to be even more rediculous. The i4 isn't even scheduled to come out until the first half of 2022 according to BMW, and this was before Coronavirus. Who knows what advancements in range and features/tech Tesla will have by then. BMW isn't being smart playing the waiting game, especially with a sedan of all types of vehicles to bring out.
__________________
Current Vehicles - 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 | 2019 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Retired Vehicles - 1995 325i 5MT | 2004 330i 6MT | 2011 335xi | 2017 540i | 2017 Boxster S 6MT
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN2908.50

      04-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #20
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2909
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
The waiting is going to be even more rediculous. The i4 isn't even scheduled to come out until the first half of 2022 according to BMW, and this was before Coronavirus. Who knows what advancements in range and features/tech Tesla will have by then. BMW isn't being smart playing the waiting game, especially with a sedan of all types of vehicles to bring out.
Tesla Model 3 is now the number 1 selling EV in Germany ����

That's really got to hurt
Appreciate 1
jstein553388.00

      04-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #21
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5018
Rep
15,980
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Tesla Model 3 is now the number 1 selling EV in Germany ����

That's really got to hurt
Why? You're assuming that the German's were trying to compete with Tesla using their current offerings.
Appreciate 3
      04-17-2020, 10:01 PM   #22
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2909
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Why? You're assuming that the German's were trying to compete with Tesla using their current offerings.
I'm just stating a fact.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST