Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Finally lowered my Mineral White M340i xDrive with AC Schnitzer springs

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
KP991
Enlisted Member
Canada
47
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Finally lowered my Mineral White M340i xDrive with AC Schnitzer springs

After 7 months of waiting finally got my M340i xDrive lowered with AC Schnitzer's springs (thanks for the lead from "projekt7"). I have also added 13mm spacers at all 4 corners.

Enjoy the pics.
Attached Images
       
Appreciate 6
      06-23-2020, 06:15 AM   #2
Burrcold
Colonel
Canada
2469
Rep
2,264
Posts

Drives: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Looks amazing! Do you have fixed or adaptive suspension?
__________________
2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
2020 BMW M340i xDrive - Sold
2019 Audi S5 Sportback - RIP
2019 Audi S4 - Sold
2018 Audi S5 Coupe - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Don76
Second Lieutenant
146
Rep
258
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Looks great. How is the ride?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
13684
Rep
148,381
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
john!smith
Private First Class
john!smith's Avatar
203
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: M340i XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

just put the m performance carbon parts on your car and it is perfect :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #6
KP991
Enlisted Member
Canada
47
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Looks amazing! Do you have fixed or adaptive suspension?
It has adaptive suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
Looks great. How is the ride?
Ride is the same as stock. Honestly I can't really tell any difference except the lower ride height makes it more "sporty' feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john!smith View Post
just put the m performance carbon parts on your car and it is perfect :-)
That will be next.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
RedKloud
Major
RedKloud's Avatar
556
Rep
1,060
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Perfect drop!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 04:43 AM   #8
GetAlife75
Lieutenant
GetAlife75's Avatar
Switzerland
284
Rep
567
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Zürich

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
I'm considering to drop mine on AC Schnitzer springs as well, plus I have the same wheels. Thanks for posting these pics. Your car is sitting real nice. How low did you go with the drop? It doesn't look like it is down all the way yet. How do you like the 13mm spacers? Are the wheels well flushed with the fenders? From the pics, it still looks like it's possible to move the wheels further outwards. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #9
Donia330i
Major
Donia330i's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
1,413
Posts

Drives: 19 330i BSM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (7)

I feel like this seems lower than projekt7 no? Is it just the black wheels? Either way looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:06 AM   #10
KP991
Enlisted Member
Canada
47
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAlife75 View Post
I'm considering to drop mine on AC Schnitzer springs as well, plus I have the same wheels. Thanks for posting these pics. Your car is sitting real nice. How low did you go with the drop? It doesn't look like it is down all the way yet. How do you like the 13mm spacers? Are the wheels well flushed with the fenders? From the pics, it still looks like it's possible to move the wheels further outwards. Thanks in advance.
I didn't measure the before and after but I think it should be about an inch of drop. I don't really want to drop any further to be honest. My F30 with the Dinan springs sit really low and the ride suffered as a result.

As for the spacers I think even 15mm should be fine but then it also depends on the tire as well. For example if you have the Michellin PS4S then it may look more flush. I currently have the Continental DWS and it is not as "fat" as the PS4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
I feel like this seems lower than projekt7 no? Is it just the black wheels? Either way looks awesome.
Hard to tell as I haven't seen his in person. However, looking at some close up pics from projekt7 I think the drop should be similar.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #11
GetAlife75
Lieutenant
GetAlife75's Avatar
Switzerland
284
Rep
567
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Zürich

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP991 View Post
I didn't measure the before and after but I think it should be about an inch of drop. I don't really want to drop any further to be honest. My F30 with the Dinan springs sit really low and the ride suffered as a result.

As for the spacers I think even 15mm should be fine but then it also depends on the tire as well. For example if you have the Michellin PS4S then it may look more flush. I currently have the Continental DWS and it is not as "fat" as the PS4S.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting mine installed this coming Friday. Stoked!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #12
miked1999
Private First Class
United_States
85
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Looks amazing... if you hired a shop, how much for labor?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #13
DCwell3er
Second Lieutenant
DCwell3er's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2020 G05
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Looks pretty nice! I really like the interior color matched with that black and white.
__________________
Enjoying life! Missing the warmth of the 305.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:35 AM   #14
KP991
Enlisted Member
Canada
47
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1999 View Post
Looks amazing... if you hired a shop, how much for labor?
The shop charged me 4 hrs for the work (not including alignment).
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #15
Cabby
Captain
United_States
228
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: 2019 X740i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP991 View Post
It has adaptive suspension.



Ride is the same as stock. Honestly I can't really tell any difference except the lower ride height makes it more "sporty' feel.



That will be next.
I didnt think this worked on adaptive suspension, does the "adaptive" part still work???
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST