Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions So close!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #1
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

So close!

I've been waiting several weeks for my M340I to arrive and it's so close now! I am hoping it gets trucked in tomorrow because I already have a tire appointment friday to put winters on since the 20's are not going to like the current -30c temps.

I went with Nardo Grey because it's a very limited production run with extras like the 20 inch rims, M Performance exhaust and additional body styling pieces (black). I love the grey color!

Rob
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 10
      02-11-2021, 04:30 AM   #2
mathys
Private First Class
97
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: F31 Tanzanite M-Shadow edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:44 AM   #3
Burrcold
Colonel
Canada
2469
Rep
2,264
Posts

Drives: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Looks great! I'm assuming it has the blue interior? That's the only part I'm unsure of.
__________________
2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
2020 BMW M340i xDrive - Sold
2019 Audi S5 Sportback - RIP
2019 Audi S4 - Sold
2018 Audi S5 Coupe - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 07:14 AM   #4
cnichols138
First BMW!
United_States
53
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340I xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

What a great spec. Sure wish this was available when I got mine back in June of 2019.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:14 AM   #5
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Looks great! I'm assuming it has the blue interior? That's the only part I'm unsure of.
Yes, it will have the fjord blue interior which I don't mind. Of course I have not seen it in person yet. I would maybe change the center arm rest to black if I could though.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #6
TiMSport
Major
TiMSport's Avatar
United_States
3055
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Looks very nice. You won't see too many in Nardo Gray that's for sure. I'm so used to seeing that color with Audi. I came so close to ordering an RS3 in that color when they were first released here in NA. Must be very exciting knowing you're only hours away from taking delivery!
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #7
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Congrats! Looks very nice. You won't see too many in Nardo Gray that's for sure. I'm so used to seeing that color with Audi. I came so close to ordering an RS3 in that color when they were first released here in NA. Must be very exciting knowing you're only hours away from taking delivery!
The -35 weather has meant the carrier trucks are not moving so the vehicle didn't arrive this week as expected. It's disappointing because I took time off this week in anticipation of delivery.

Oh well.... Hopefully next week.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 05:10 AM   #8
Ikester19
Captain
Ikester19's Avatar
Australia
1421
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: M340i (G20); 328i (F30)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brisban

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Looks awesome! Gloss black side mirror covers would look good IMO
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #9
TiMSport
Major
TiMSport's Avatar
United_States
3055
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
The -35 weather has meant the carrier trucks are not moving so the vehicle didn't arrive this week as expected. It's disappointing because I took time off this week in anticipation of delivery.

Oh well.... Hopefully next week.

Rob
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #10
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1150
Rep
1,711
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Great color choice!
__________________
2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #11
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Next week is supposed to be warmer.

I was seriously tempted by the M550I, but it's just more than I want to spend. I'll probably end up selling my Z4 this spring/summer.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 10:34 PM   #12
TiMSport
Major
TiMSport's Avatar
United_States
3055
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Next week is supposed to be warmer.

I was seriously tempted by the M550I, but it's just more than I want to spend. I'll probably end up selling my Z4 this spring/summer.

Rob
Well the M550i is on a different planet than the M340i/M440i on various levels, not least of which being $$$. It's a beast though and I'm amazed how economical it is considering it uses a V8. HOWEVER, it's just a bit too bland stylistically for my liking. I'd probably be looking more at an AMG E53 for the money. I mean look at that front end compared to the M550i.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #13
sikotic
First Lieutenant
189
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340I
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ca

iTrader: (0)

Looks so good!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport3055.00

      02-14-2021, 08:55 AM   #14
BlackBlade-Tx
Private First Class
BlackBlade-Tx's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Nice ride, I just got P Blue last month. I am loving the M340i so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:18 AM   #15
srbs73
Lieutenant
srbs73's Avatar
United Kingdom
217
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Well the M550i is on a different planet than the M340i/M440i on various levels, not least of which being $$$. It's a beast though and I'm amazed how economical it is considering it uses a V8. HOWEVER, it's just a bit too bland stylistically for my liking. I'd probably be looking more at an AMG E53 for the money. I mean look at that front end compared to the M550i.
I just donít like Mercís, reminds me of a German taxi.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #16
TiMSport
Major
TiMSport's Avatar
United_States
3055
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
I just donít like Mercís, reminds me of a German taxi.
LOL. Well German taxis are a hell of a lot nicer than American taxis
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #17
Seanhfx
Enlisted Member
Canada
3
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340 MPE, 2017 340
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Halifax, NS

iTrader: (0)

Very nice! I can only hope to get my hands on a SMB. Please let us know how the M Performance Exhaust is (pops and crackles) as it seems there aren't any because of the 48v mild hybrid system.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #18
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhfx View Post
Very nice! I can only hope to get my hands on a SMB. Please let us know how the M Performance Exhaust is (pops and crackles) as it seems there aren't any because of the 48v mild hybrid system.
Not mine, but the exact same car.



Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #19
Seanhfx
Enlisted Member
Canada
3
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340 MPE, 2017 340
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Halifax, NS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Not mine, but the exact same car.



Rob
Yeah I saw that video and everything since then has lead me to believe that the cracks and pops aren't the same as 2020. One point of clarification is I believe that car in the review is a pre-production, there is an auto start/stop button in it, but not in the actual car now. Leads me to think that it didn't have the 48v mild hybrid system, but who really knows as BMW has done terrible job communicating this model.

There is also this vid I found which they will do a test drive at some point, even though there is some mis-information, it does provide some details. In this vid, the exhaust seems better but only in PARK
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 06:14 PM   #20
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1150
Rep
1,711
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Is this a Canada only car?
__________________
2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #21
Burrcold
Colonel
Canada
2469
Rep
2,264
Posts

Drives: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmM2 View Post
Is this a Canada only car?
Yes.
__________________
2019 Audi RS5 Sportback
2020 BMW M340i xDrive - Sold
2019 Audi S5 Sportback - RIP
2019 Audi S4 - Sold
2018 Audi S5 Coupe - Sold
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM21149.50

      02-17-2021, 11:21 PM   #22
Rob_G77
First Lieutenant
Canada
170
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i, 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Regina, SK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhfx View Post
Yeah I saw that video and everything since then has lead me to believe that the cracks and pops aren't the same as 2020. One point of clarification is I believe that car in the review is a pre-production, there is an auto start/stop button in it, but not in the actual car now. Leads me to think that it didn't have the 48v mild hybrid system, but who really knows as BMW has done terrible job communicating this model.
It's the latest software updates that appear to have reduced the engine noise on several BMW models. I don't think mild hybrid has anything to do with it.

My car arrived today, but PDI was not done and my winter tires were not ready either. I hope tomorrow (thursday) I can pick it up, but that might even be doubtful.



Rob
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST