Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW x Joshua Vides - Collaborative X4 M & Logo Collection

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2021, 05:17 AM   #1
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
BMW x Joshua Vides - Collaborative X4 M & Logo Collection

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Quote:
Unmistakable craftsmanship: Joshua Vides creates unique BMW X4 M Competition.
BMW M is immersing itself in the young and diverse Los Angeles art scene, having started a new collaboration with Joshua Vides and the BMW X4 M Competition (combined fuel consumption: 10.8 – 10.7 l/100 km according to WLTP; combined CO2emissions: 247 – 238 g/km according to WLTP). This collaboration with the internationally renowned artist from the USA, whose works play with the perception of objects as a sketch and blur the boundaries between drawing and reality, has produced a hand-painted BMW X4 M Competition, its dynamism emphasised thanks to Joshua Vides’ unmistakable style and application of black lines on a white background. The son of Guatemalan immigrants has been a great fan of the BMW brand since childhood. For him, this collaboration represents the fulfilment of a long-cherished dream.

The global premiere of the BMW X4 M Competition x Joshua Vides took place at the exclusive showroom [SPACE] by BMW in The Grove in Los Angeles. This also hosted a merchandising collection dedicated to BMW and BMW M designed by Joshua Vides. He is selling a limited edition of the collection through his own channels this year. Pro-skateboarder Ishod Wair, who is also a great BMW M enthusiast, posed for the catalogue with the car. This collection also includes items of clothing such as t-shirts and hoodies, as well as everyday items like thermos cups, and even interior decoration products like carpets – all featuring logos in the style of Joshua Vides. On the evening before the official premiere, the artist had celebrated an exclusive sneak preview of the BMW X4 M Competition x Joshua Vides at [SPACE] by BMW with family and friends. The unique car was presented there to selected guests on 7th October as part of a preview with works by Joshua Vides. The vehicle will be available for viewing by the general public from 8th October, before it is transferred to the BMW M GmbH vehicle fleet in November.

“As the BMW brand continues to develop, we are always open to cultural developments as well,” said Jens Thiemer, Senior Vice President Customer and Brand BMW: “With his ideas and his vision, Joshua Vides is one of the outstanding figures and opinion leaders in the world of art, lifestyle and culture. The collaboration with JV will see BMW benefit from his influence and his pictures by reaching and captivating new target groups.” Markus Flasch, CEO BMW M GmbH, emphasised that this is “the very first time that a High Performance Sports Activity Vehicle from BMW M acts as the focal point for one of our exclusive collaboratons.” Josh has understood how to use his artistic talents to provide the perfect setting for the design and the lines of this vehicle. “His incomparable style addresses young consumers all around the world and strengthens the BMW M brand consciousness in the expressive luxury segment,” said Markus Flasch.

Joshua Vides: “I am extremely happy to have been able to work with BMW and BMW M in this project. Ever since I was about seven or eight years old, I have wanted to own a BMW. It was just unbelievable to be able to apply my own ideas to the design of a BMW X4 M Competition.” His aim for the project: “I wanted the car to look as great as possible on the stand. This is the first time I have worked with speed lines like the ones you see giving the impression of fast movement in cartoons or films. “I am very pleased with the result.“

Joshua Vides has been a true BMW enthusiast since childhood. He grew up in a deprived suburb of Los Angeles, where he seldom caught a glimpse of a BMW or BMW M vehicles. In fact, it was so rare that seeing a BMW drive past was enough to make him stop and think. His fascination with the brand continued to grow, as did his desire to buy his own BMW one day. After an extremely varied career path saw Joshua Vides working as barista, fireman, glazier, delivery driver, then as a graphic designer for a range of streetwear labels – he found his vocation as an artist. He made his breakthrough by producing artistic decoration for a world-famous sports shoe, which then led to collaboratons with globally renowned companies and to his own collections.

In 2021, Joshua Vides opened his Matte Black Coffee cafe in Los Angeles, designed entirely in his black-and-white style. Visitors to the cafe will be able to admire his installation dedicated to BMW for some weeks – this consists of spinning steering wheels and other works of art.

Joshua Vides has now fulfilled his childhood dream of owning a BMW – not once, but twice. In addition to an alpine white BMW M3 E46, which he purchased in 2004, he also owns a diamond black 1989 BMW M3 E30. His love for BMW is now etched on his skin; while making his first trip to Munich in September, he visited BMW Welt to admire the treasures from the BMW Classic area and was so impressed that he decided to get a tattoo of the BMW logo on his forearm.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...-m-competition

Name:  P90438713_lowRes_bmw-x4-m-competition.jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  819.1 KB
Name:  P90438715_lowRes_bmw-x4-m-competition.jpg
Views: 2496
Size:  568.8 KB

[/QUOTE]


The X4MC will be on display at an installation in Los Angeles. Collaborative logo collection: https://joshuavides.com/

Name:  jv2.jpg
Views: 2735
Size:  323.5 KB

Name:  jv3.jpg
Views: 2645
Size:  194.0 KB

Name:  jv4.jpg
Views: 2643
Size:  385.6 KB

Name:  jv5.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  421.5 KB

Name:  jv6.jpg
Views: 2628
Size:  303.0 KB

Name:  jv7.jpg
Views: 2613
Size:  227.3 KB

Name:  jv8.jpg
Views: 2615
Size:  371.1 KB

Name:  jv9.jpg
Views: 2596
Size:  375.8 KB

Name:  jv10.jpg
Views: 2593
Size:  370.2 KB

Name:  jv1.jpg
Views: 2590
Size:  235.5 KB



Last edited by BMWGirlFL; 10-08-2021 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 4
nathanm4443.00
Mister_R310.00
Lady Jane16824.50
      10-07-2021, 07:49 AM   #2
540iSUP
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: BMW G30, BMW E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

So dope! I thought the car was going to be made out of cardboard too. Been to a couple of his shows, awesome stuff.
Appreciate 2
BMWGirlFL2752.50
werdn305.50
      10-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #3
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
So dope! I thought the car was going to be made out of cardboard too. Been to a couple of his shows, awesome stuff.
I think so too!! Very surprised nobody else thought commentworthy.
Appreciate 1
Mister_R310.00
      10-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
ntg44
Colonel
ntg44's Avatar
United_States
2580
Rep
2,049
Posts

Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I think so too!! Very surprised nobody else thought commentworthy.
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
__________________
YT: ntg44
Appreciate 4
Teutonic1677.00
Encanto1011.00
      10-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
Same or different view of the BMW Art Cars?
Appreciate 4
540iSUP126.50
JustChris13798.00
ando1131.00
werdn305.50
      10-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #6
ae03440
Private First Class
ae03440's Avatar
101
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: 18' M2 & 20' X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I think so too!! Very surprised nobody else thought commentworthy.
Been a fan of his for a long time now, and am super excited about this collab.

Just got word that this launch was moved to release tonight at midnight (PST). Unfortunately that means 3am for us East Coast folks. bummer
Appreciate 2
BMWGirlFL2752.50
540iSUP126.50
      10-08-2021, 12:08 AM   #7
540iSUP
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: BMW G30, BMW E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
I guess it's a matter of perspectives. I'm a huge art and fashion fan so Kith collabs mean something to me as well as Street art. If you don't know who Van Gogh is and he was able to paint a car in his style, people would probably think its crap as well.

If you go to a Josh Vides installation you would see things we use everyday made out of cardboard. He then paints them in a pop art form, so the pieces end up looking like 3D works of Pop Art. It really is cool to see in person, but such is art right. I guess if BMW thought of him to be a special artist, who are we to judge.
Appreciate 3
BMWGirlFL2752.50
werdn305.50
ycbright181.00
      10-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #8
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1950
Rep
3,823
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

I'm getting too old for this brand...
Appreciate 7
NickyC10509.00
Cadillac262.00
DS_BMW652.00
cncmastr1224.50
Encanto1011.00
Masander239.50
      10-08-2021, 03:10 AM   #9
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Appreciate 1
540iSUP126.50
      10-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #10
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:

JOSHUA VIDES' NEW BMW COLLABORATION RUNS DEEP


LA-based artist and founder of label Reality to Idea, Joshua Vides is changing perceptions surrounding partnerships, one project at a time. Having gained major attention for his monochrome, illusive takes on classic sneakers, Vides’ transformations have been the foundation of a number of high-profile projects. His latest, though, might be the biggest yet, and it occupies a special place in the artist’s heart.

Since early childhood, Vides remembers being fascinated by the almost mythical power of BMW, dreaming of one day owning his own. Now he’s designed one. In his signature style, Vides has updated the BMW X4 M Competition for a new demographic. With his history in streetwear, Vides brings a contemporary edge to the German marque, “[Vides] perfectly understood how to showcase the design and lines of this vehicle with his artistic work. This is a unique collaboration with the art scene of LA and beyond,” notes BMW M GmbH CEO, Markus Flasch.

But, while the partnership is a savvy move for BMW, it runs much deeper than that. In fact, BMW x Joshua Vides amounts to a dream come true for Vides. We caught up with the man himself to find out more about his relationship with BMW M what this project really means to him.

Why does your style translate so naturally to the world of objects?

Joshua Vides: The entire concept of Reality to Idea is to highlight the shape and ideation process of an object. Meaning every object receives a specific design for its final form. If I drew a screw, you couldn’t use that artwork on a nut. With this approach, each product is different from the other and I think that’s why the concept continues to grow.

Was it difficult to begin translating your streetwear roots to better-known, official collaborations?

In reality, I’m doing exactly what I was doing as a streetwear owner. I'm creating a world of my own that allows others to be involved via design, experience, and product. What was my graphic T-shirt is now my canvas or sculpture, what was a pop-up shop is now my artistic experience, and what was my product still is with an elevation on quality and introduction to global partnerships.

Did you always envisage your style being applied to cars? How does your process change when working on a vehicle versus a sneaker, for example?

Organically, my artwork covers my interests. If you look at what I’ve painted or accomplished in the past years, I have an actual connection with all of those objects and spaces. I painted my first car in 2018 without any partnership, solely because I wanted to. As for process, everything is pretty similar: it all starts with a sketch, moves to the digital world for edits, and then I pick up the paintbrush. I allow just enough open space while I paint so I can improvise additional details.

We’ve seen a bunch of fashion-automotive crossovers in the past couple of seasons. Why do you think the two industries have started to work so closely together?

Well, think back to the Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition! This has been going on for decades now, but the conversation is very different today. People like myself and other like-minded creatives are bringing more to the table. It’s one thing to get a license from a brand and slap a logo on a car, it’s another to work with a creative to redesign a vehicle from top to bottom, create experiences, and amazing products to take away from the moment on a global scale.

So do you think that the increasing number of automotive collaborations is a sign of things to come?

I think it’s similar to high fashion. Times are changing, and the youth is now being recognized more than ever. The doors are opening up, and we’re all ready to take the keys. I’m excited to see what automotive collaborations will look like 10 years from now, and I’m extremely grateful for having the opportunity to be a part of the blueprint.

BMW models, especially models like the E30, have always had a great synergy with the worlds of style and music. Did this influence your view of the brand?

The E30 body changed the game. I remember watching Will Smith step out of a black 325i Cabrio in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or Money-Makin’ Mitch cruising the red 315 Convertible in Paid in Full. To me and a lot of others, the car was a sign of success. I’ve been a fan of BMW since the early ’90s and it was thanks to the E30 M3. I remember, someone in Rialto had an Alpine White E30 on gold BBS rims, and no matter what I was doing at the time, I’d stop and stare.

Did you encounter any surprises when working on the car?

Not at all. My only hurdle was to create the look and feel of a moving vehicle as I’ve never executed a car that way. I’m really happy with the final design and can’t wait for everyone else to see it.

Finally, how does your work connect with BMW? What does the partnership mean to you?

I think BMW and myself share a similar work ethic and attention to detail. We value each other for what we’ve accomplished in our own categories, and that’s why this collaboration makes sense. I’ve been a fan of BMW for the majority of my life. The connection between my work and BMW existed long before I knew what a BMW was. And hey, look at the other artists that BMW has worked with. I'm just happy to be here.

The world premiere of the BMW X4 M Competition by Joshua Vides took place at the exclusive [SPACE] by BMW showroom at The Grove in Los Angeles. Alongside the BMW X4 M Competition was a collection of merchandise including T-shirts, sweaters, pins, and mugs, as well as items by pro-skater Ishod Wair. The unique car is now open to the public as part of a vernissage with works by Vides.
https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/joshu...collaboration/
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #11
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
10509
Rep
8,341
Posts

Drives: F80. Former G82, x2 F82.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (20)

Not my scene but anything which promotes the love of the automobile can’t be a bad thing.
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #12
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
il Nemico
Private
125
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: RS
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I think so too!! Very surprised nobody else thought commentworthy.
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
The "BoomerPost" community isn't ready for this.

I scooped a lot of this product up last night at midnight!!
That print was too dope to pass up.
Now where can I get a round frame?!😅
Appreciate 6
BMWGirlFL2752.50
540iSUP126.50
cncmastr1224.50
werdn305.50
jmack123525.00
Mister_R310.00
      10-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #14
e36uulm
New Member
United_States
28
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: Toys are an E36 M3, E46 325ci
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Looks like it came from a comic book. Like something Roy Lichtenstein would have done.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP126.50
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #15
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Nemico View Post
The "BoomerPost" community isn't ready for this.

I scooped a lot of this product up last night at midnight!!
That print was too dope to pass up.
Now where can I get a round frame?!😅
LOL Maybe in black?
https://www.potterybarn.com/products...ture-frame-mp/
Appreciate 1
il Nemico124.50
      10-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #16
BMWGirlFL
Major
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
2753
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Nemico View Post
Now where can I get a round frame?!😅
Cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Infinit...09596648&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #17
FCX5
Lieutenant Colonel
FCX5's Avatar
United_States
577
Rep
1,620
Posts

Drives: X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
Unmistakable craftsmanship: Joshua Vides creates unique BMW X4 M Competition.
BMW M is immersing itself in the young and diverse Los Angeles art scene, having started a new collaboration with Joshua Vides and the BMW X4 M Competition (combined fuel consumption: 10.8 – 10.7 l/100 km according to WLTP; combined CO2emissions: 247 – 238 g/km according to WLTP). This collaboration with the internationally renowned artist from the USA, whose works play with the perception of objects as a sketch and blur the boundaries between drawing and reality, has produced a hand-painted BMW X4 M Competition, its dynamism emphasised thanks to Joshua Vides’ unmistakable style and application of black lines on a white background. The son of Guatemalan immigrants has been a great fan of the BMW brand since childhood. For him, this collaboration represents the fulfilment of a long-cherished dream.

The global premiere of the BMW X4 M Competition x Joshua Vides took place at the exclusive showroom [SPACE] by BMW in The Grove in Los Angeles. This also hosted a merchandising collection dedicated to BMW and BMW M designed by Joshua Vides. He is selling a limited edition of the collection through his own channels this year. Pro-skateboarder Ishod Wair, who is also a great BMW M enthusiast, posed for the catalogue with the car. This collection also includes items of clothing such as t-shirts and hoodies, as well as everyday items like thermos cups, and even interior decoration products like carpets – all featuring logos in the style of Joshua Vides. On the evening before the official premiere, the artist had celebrated an exclusive sneak preview of the BMW X4 M Competition x Joshua Vides at [SPACE] by BMW with family and friends. The unique car was presented there to selected guests on 7th October as part of a preview with works by Joshua Vides. The vehicle will be available for viewing by the general public from 8th October, before it is transferred to the BMW M GmbH vehicle fleet in November.

“As the BMW brand continues to develop, we are always open to cultural developments as well,” said Jens Thiemer, Senior Vice President Customer and Brand BMW: “With his ideas and his vision, Joshua Vides is one of the outstanding figures and opinion leaders in the world of art, lifestyle and culture. The collaboration with JV will see BMW benefit from his influence and his pictures by reaching and captivating new target groups.” Markus Flasch, CEO BMW M GmbH, emphasised that this is “the very first time that a High Performance Sports Activity Vehicle from BMW M acts as the focal point for one of our exclusive collaboratons.” Josh has understood how to use his artistic talents to provide the perfect setting for the design and the lines of this vehicle. “His incomparable style addresses young consumers all around the world and strengthens the BMW M brand consciousness in the expressive luxury segment,” said Markus Flasch.

Joshua Vides: “I am extremely happy to have been able to work with BMW and BMW M in this project. Ever since I was about seven or eight years old, I have wanted to own a BMW. It was just unbelievable to be able to apply my own ideas to the design of a BMW X4 M Competition.” His aim for the project: “I wanted the car to look as great as possible on the stand. This is the first time I have worked with speed lines like the ones you see giving the impression of fast movement in cartoons or films. “I am very pleased with the result.“

Joshua Vides has been a true BMW enthusiast since childhood. He grew up in a deprived suburb of Los Angeles, where he seldom caught a glimpse of a BMW or BMW M vehicles. In fact, it was so rare that seeing a BMW drive past was enough to make him stop and think. His fascination with the brand continued to grow, as did his desire to buy his own BMW one day. After an extremely varied career path saw Joshua Vides working as barista, fireman, glazier, delivery driver, then as a graphic designer for a range of streetwear labels – he found his vocation as an artist. He made his breakthrough by producing artistic decoration for a world-famous sports shoe, which then led to collaboratons with globally renowned companies and to his own collections.

In 2021, Joshua Vides opened his Matte Black Coffee cafe in Los Angeles, designed entirely in his black-and-white style. Visitors to the cafe will be able to admire his installation dedicated to BMW for some weeks – this consists of spinning steering wheels and other works of art.

Joshua Vides has now fulfilled his childhood dream of owning a BMW – not once, but twice. In addition to an alpine white BMW M3 E46, which he purchased in 2004, he also owns a diamond black 1989 BMW M3 E30. His love for BMW is now etched on his skin; while making his first trip to Munich in September, he visited BMW Welt to admire the treasures from the BMW Classic area and was so impressed that he decided to get a tattoo of the BMW logo on his forearm.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...-m-competition

Attachment 2714219
Attachment 2714220


The X4MC will be on display at an installation in Los Angeles. Collaborative logo collection: https://joshuavides.com/

Attachment 2712057

Attachment 2712058

Attachment 2712059

Attachment 2712060

Attachment 2712061

Attachment 2712062

Attachment 2712063

Attachment 2712064

Attachment 2712065

Attachment 2712066


[/QUOTE]
Wow! Looks great as a piece of art.
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #18
540iSUP
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: BMW G30, BMW E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36uulm View Post
Looks like it came from a comic book. Like something Roy Lichtenstein would have done.
I've seen his work as well in the same show that Vides was at. Very similar Pop art comic book vibes.
Appreciate 2
e36uulm27.50
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-08-2021, 10:40 PM   #19
swampfox94
First Lieutenant
556
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: 2020 F87 - M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Way better than that one collab they had for the m2 competition
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-08-2021, 11:54 PM   #20
nathanm4
Lieutenant
nathanm4's Avatar
United_States
443
Rep
541
Posts

Drives: Aston Martin Vantage
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

This is awesome!
__________________
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL2752.50
      10-09-2021, 04:31 AM   #21
Tallest
Major General
Tallest's Avatar
Sweden
547
Rep
5,855
Posts

Drives: few things
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EU

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
A lot of modern "art" is like that. You look at it, and yes, it invokes emotions but they are often not good ones.

I don't know what it is today with art but there is so much amateur looking crap that gets passed on for something amazing, I am struggling to explain it. I see it on some building wall, or these collabs on instragram... I dont know.. May be Warhol was considered crap by contemporaries in his day, or Dali was mocked for his work, by all except critics? Yes, no? hm.

As if the king is naked moment, may be. But a lot of it is trash - but peopel are afraid to say it because in our day we self censor ourself because we are so terrified to offend anyone literally.

This project I look at it, and I mean the artwork around PRESENTING this to us, the photos, the story board, etc, are much more interesting to look at than the "art" on car itself. Sorry, not a fan.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic1677.00
Encanto1011.00
      10-09-2021, 05:54 AM   #22
Teutonic
Lieutenant Colonel
Teutonic's Avatar
No_Country
1677
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Obviously, in the last couple of years the definition of “art” has a total different meaning than what used to be…
Today, any sketch or scrawl is defined as art…
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST