home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-09-2021, 03:26 PM   #1
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

XXii tuning front air vent + front lip + rear spoiler install

Finally installed the last pieces of my xxii tuning buy (previously posted about rear diffuser + mirror caps). These ones I took to a shop to do - mainly for the front vents as they're a PITA to install, and I ran out of time for the rear spoiler.

The shop was impressed with the quality/fitment. Front lip is 3 piece and they liked that you could swap out the pieces individually if/when one gets damaged. Fitment was 100% on those. Front vents are probably a 90% fitment. If you get very close you can see minor variations, but you'd have to know about it/look hard for it. The front lip I got was intentionally very understated, and I like it. Not enough that it's going to be scraped constantly, but adds a lot to the look of the car. Rear spoiler is also pretty understated, it's maybe double the size of OEM, but not crazy. As expected no fitment issue there.

Overall happy with everything - I was trying to replicate exterior carbon pack given I missed out on that when I got the car. Total for everything cost me $3k, so 25% less than OEM at the time of order, and I did get extra pieces (front lip + rear side pieces for rear bumper). Quality vs cost is excellent, no complaints, and car is totally transformed. Zero regrets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
HTTP 4102141.50
mattssi876.00
abrush32188.50
NCG80M3663.50
M_Adaptive1769.00
JTO245276.00
      11-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Looks great...

Can you post a few more pics of the rear spoiler?

I've been dying to purchase one like this. The duckbill is way too aggressive for my build/taste. Been looking for something oem-like but a little larger. This might be it. Too bad their website doesn't have pics of the spoiler on the car. Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

+1 on pics of the rear.
      11-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

i like the air vent...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #5
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Looks great...

Can you post a few more pics of the rear spoiler?

I've been dying to purchase one like this. The duckbill is way too aggressive for my build/taste. Been looking for something oem-like but a little larger. This might be it. Too bad their website doesn't have pics of the spoiler on the car. Appreciate it.
Here are some more pics, including OEM (non-carbon) for comparison. It's probably 50% larger than the original one. I like it, I think it's a good compromise.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

I'm curious about the inlet areas that fit poorly. Any pictures? The YT guy who has the install video seemed to have issues with things lining up, but later said after pushing and maneuvering the thing around, its spot on. I had my doubts.
      11-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #7
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
I'm curious about the inlet areas that fit poorly. Any pictures? The YT guy who has the install video seemed to have issues with things lining up, but later said after pushing and maneuvering the thing around, its spot on. I had my doubts.
If you zoom in on the pictures on the corners you can kind of see it. I don't think it's any worse than that. I don't notice it, no average person in an average setting would notice it. If you are installing yourself and want that stuff perfect it may bother you, but then I kind of feel like if that's the case knock off parts may not be for you anyway. For me I balanced cost vs quality and that was very good for these.

Also for context, if I get a single small scratch on my car, it's the first thing I see and it eats away at me, so it's not like I'm carefree about the condition of my cars
Appreciate 1
mattssi876.00
      11-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #8
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've been looking at the XXII spoilers - is there one that's the actual same size as the factory one? Would that be the "CS style?" (https://xxiituning.com/products/bmw-...39378178703462) or is that what's pictured here, slightly larger than factory?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
I've been looking at the XXII spoilers - is there one that's the actual same size as the factory one? Would that be the "CS style?" (https://xxiituning.com/products/bmw-...39378178703462) or is that what's pictured here, slightly larger than factory?
That's the one that I got. I was thinking it would be about the same size as OEM, I'm happy with its size though, it's big enough to stand out a bit, without looking weird.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #10
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Ahh, OK, good to know, I would have thought that was "OEM" size, given the description. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:09 AM   #11
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Here are some more pics, including OEM (non-carbon) for comparison. It's probably 50% larger than the original one. I like it, I think it's a good compromise.
Thanks! OK I'm sold...

Could I trouble you for a rear shot? Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #12
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
Ahh, OK, good to know, I would have thought that was "OEM" size, given the description. Thanks!
Yeah that's what I was thinking, that's why I went with that one. I'm not at all upset about the size, I think much smaller and you wouldn't even notice it was carbon, so I think it strikes a balance. I also figured it was comparatively well priced so even if I buy another one in the future I'm not exactly out a lot of money compared to the rest of the pieces
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #13
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Quote:
Thanks! OK I'm sold...

Could I trouble you for a rear shot? Lol
Np, here you are
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-11-2021, 03:47 AM   #14
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Finally installed the last pieces of my xxii tuning buy (previously posted about rear diffuser + mirror caps). These ones I took to a shop to do - mainly for the front vents as they're a PITA to install, and I ran out of time for the rear spoiler.

The shop was impressed with the quality/fitment. Front lip is 3 piece and they liked that you could swap out the pieces individually if/when one gets damaged. Fitment was 100% on those. Front vents are probably a 90% fitment. If you get very close you can see minor variations, but you'd have to know about it/look hard for it. The front lip I got was intentionally very understated, and I like it. Not enough that it's going to be scraped constantly, but adds a lot to the look of the car. Rear spoiler is also pretty understated, it's maybe double the size of OEM, but not crazy. As expected no fitment issue there.

Overall happy with everything - I was trying to replicate exterior carbon pack given I missed out on that when I got the car. Total for everything cost me $3k, so 25% less than OEM at the time of order, and I did get extra pieces (front lip + rear side pieces for rear bumper). Quality vs cost is excellent, no complaints, and car is totally transformed. Zero regrets.
Performance Technic is my go to shop. They’ll be putting my H pipe and KW’s on next month
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 10:52 AM   #15
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Reviving this thread. Is it possible to see some front 3/4 shots or side shots. I want to see how the car looks with the lip and no CF side skirts.

Looks great!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 10:34 PM   #16
Pizzathehut04
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:

Did you get the CFRP or Prepreg carbon fiber option for the front lip?
Appreciate 0